LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 117 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Tbh the last few drafts have been bad.

They draft a wr round 1 when we have 3 starters under contract the next two years (3 starters who happen to be very good as well imo), but have a plumber and an electrician starting on the o-line....and ignore those positions.

Yeah, drafting a Wr with out first pick was an head scratcher to say the least.

I mean I like Pearsall and all, but yah drafting a WR in the 1st was such a WTF move. Especially when Deebo, Aiyuk and Jennings are on the roster. I thought for sure either a RT, CB or C were gonna be the pick. I remember being all down and talking s**t about Jordan Morgan, LT for the Packers or does he play Guard? But now I would've absolutely loved it if he was the pick. What sucks even more is all the injuries Pearsall has been going through, it wouldn't be so bad if he was out there. Lynch and Shanahan has managed to screw up the last few 1st round picks, seriously how in the f**k do you do that. You have all the resources in the world to choose the almost perfect player for your team. Then go and f**k it all up by selecting a one-hit wonder for a bunch of 1st round picks and a broken ass DT and now they chose a broken ass WR.

They need to change how they draft whatever it is!!!!
Calling Pearsall a broke ass WR at this point seems pretty extreme.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
lol NOBODY aside maybe our FO thought Ricky was BPA, not even you

To be honest NOBBODY knows that, not even you.

Yeah that's true. But I'm very confident in saying that lol
Dude should get some heat. He's hand drafted the best roster in the league
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

They draft a wr round 1 when we have 3 starters under contract the next two years (3 starters who happen to be very good as well imo), but have a plumber and an electrician starting on the o-line....and ignore those positions.

I mean I like Pearsall and all, but yah drafting a WR in the 1st was such a WTF move. Especially when Deebo, Aiyuk and Jennings are on the roster. I thought for sure either a RT, CB or C were gonna be the pick. I remember being all down and talking s**t about Jordan Morgan, LT for the Packers or does he play Guard? But now I would've absolutely loved it if he was the pick. What sucks even more is all the injuries Pearsall has been going through, it wouldn't be so bad if he was out there. Lynch and Shanahan has managed to screw up the last few 1st round picks, seriously how in the f**k do you do that. You have all the resources in the world to choose the almost perfect player for your team. Then go and f**k it all up by selecting a one-hit wonder for a bunch of 1st round picks and a broken ass DT and now they chose a broken ass WR.

I was just messing around but I should've use injury prone.
Never hurts to ask

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If the 49ers didn't re-sign Aiyuk I would believe it and be all for it. Buit it's a non story here. Moving on.
If the 49ers didn't re-sign Aiyuk I would believe it and be all for it. Buit it's a non story here. Moving on.

This, I feel like BA will improve over time, he just needs more reps, more practice time, same with TW, I'm not worried about our WR room, I'm more worried about the IDL or IOL than I am about anything else, obviously I want CMC back, but when he's fully ready, I still feel like the defense will grow, and be better once Dre is back, that is the one injury, even more so than Hargrave IMO, that hurts the most.
WE DO THIS..

We send YUCK - DEEVAH and a 3rd to the Raiders..

and we get..

Adams - Mayer - 2nd and a 5th (both 2025 draft)
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Never hurts to ask

Please let this happen! Between the uncertainty surrounding CMC and the completely underwhelming performance the defense has showed this far, this team will need to outscore opponents, not rely on the D to shut them down. Can you imagine Purdy's ball placement paired with Adams' separation? That offense would make the greatest show on turf look pedestrian.
Yeah lets add another WR to the already WR's that we don't use and can't use because the WR room is so crowded. While leaving DT, OT, C, S, CB bare. Great idea. A getting older guy too while we have younger ones. Sure this is brilliant.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah lets add another WR to the already WR's that we don't use and can't use because the WR room is so crowded. While leaving DT, OT, C, S, CB bare. Great idea. A getting older guy too while we have younger ones. Sure this is brilliant.

Which top DT, OT, C, S, CB is on the trading block?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I agree unless they trade Deebo or BA.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Which top DT, OT, C, S, CB is on the trading block?

Give it a couple more weeks and teams maybe willing to trade. If not use the resources to draft.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Never hurts to ask

I see some people saying the Raiders will never trade with the Niners ever. I think those people are probably 40+ living in the past. I don't think either organization gives AF about the past rivalry at this point. Plus the raiders are in Vegas now not even Oakland. If the compensation is right, the raiders will accept. I think they'd much rather trade to the NFC as well. Just my dollar
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

They were looking ahead to 2025. They knew that they weren't likely to keep Deebo and Aiyuk once they gave Brock a new contract. Even if they did keep both Deebo always misses some games due to injury.
That makes sense, but then it doesn't. We all agree this roster as we know it is probably in the final year and some changes are coming. So if they are hell bent on winning a SB, the WR pick made no sense. It should have been o-line or secondary. Both of which still had higher end prospects available at their pick and improved the team this year and beyond.

yes sir.

Considering they signed Aiyuk & restructured Deebo it sure was.
100%

I agree with you aside calling Ricky broken, imo he doenst fall into the Kinlaw category since nobody askes to be shot.

The frustrating/odd dynamic is how well and often they draft mid round gems. If they actually took the safe "media" pick in round 1 and 2 more often we would be that much better.

Agreed, but how many plays will he really get with Deebo, BA, and JJ in front of him? They need Juice and Kittle out there almost every down as well so he's def wait and see till 25 for me. Which brings us back to fielding the best team for this season...
Share 49ersWebzone