LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 96 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Before getting shot Pearsall was already dealing shoulder and hamstrings injuries. Thats where my comment came from. Why else did you guys think he was sidelined for most of training camp?
Well the 49ers have one the best teams in the league so is the issue the GM or the coach? Given what we have seen from Jennings it's just all the more baffling that the 49ers drafted Pearsall in the first round. It makes sense if you're letting Aiyuk go. I suppose it makes sense if you're planning to move on from Deebo next year. Ricky has had bad luck but being on the field is half the battle. I'm unaware of that many rookies who struggle to get on the field out of the gate and later develop into great players. Pearsall's trajectory is that of a bust.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Well the 49ers have one the best teams in the league so is the issue the GM or the coach? Given what we have seen from Jennings it's just all the more baffling that the 49ers drafted Pearsall in the first round. It makes sense if you're letting Aiyuk go. I suppose it makes sense if you're planning to move on from Deebo next year. Ricky has had bad luck but being on the field is half the battle. I'm unaware of that many rookies who struggle to get on the field out of the gate and later develop into great players. Pearsall's trajectory is that of a bust.
lol .. i swear the our fans are starting to get raiders dumb
Originally posted by Silky:
I see some people saying the Raiders will never trade with the Niners ever. I think those people are probably 40+ living in the past. I don't think either organization gives AF about the past rivalry at this point. Plus the raiders are in Vegas now not even Oakland. If the compensation is right, the raiders will accept. I think they'd much rather trade to the NFC as well. Just my dollar

The only place, if I'm the Raiders, that I don't trade him to is the Chiefs, or really any AFC West team, I'm not in the game of helping out the enemy, so no way, even if the Chiefs offered me multiple 1's am I giving them my best player, but that's me.

I also agree they likely want to deal him to an NFC team, but the Jets might be the team to get him, but I can see Ravens being in on him, but they're not a big throwing team, Saints would make sense except they're like $80M over for next year, they simply can't afford his deal, plus apparently he wants a new deal, I forget if it was Rap or Schefter who mentioned it, he asked for a new deal quietly.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bzborow1:

You still have time to delete this nonsense.
Originally posted by Crown:
You still have time to delete this nonsense.

Total s**t post nonsense indeed lolol
Trade for help! Screw that, we fire selling at the deadline!
Yo John is managing your coaches not part of your job? How is this acceptable?
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Yo John is managing your coaches not part of your job? How is this acceptable?

Uh, Kyle is his boss?
Garbage

• Koldo
  • Veteran
When is this guy going to get some heat for his awful drafting and FA players?

He and Shanahan are still living off of a couple of good drafts.
Originally posted by Koldo:
When is this guy going to get some heat for his awful drafting and FA players?

He and Shanahan are still living off of a couple of good drafts.

lol
Dude's always been Kyle's puppet.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Dude's always been Kyle's puppet.

Kyle did get him the job.
Next year here are the players we still have who are obvious to me as guys we build around:

Purdy
Bosa
Warner
Aiyuk
Puni

Here next year and still great, but only one year left:
Kittle
Deebo
TW - age is issue - I can see him walking away from a rebuild.

We have a ton of FA this offseason.

I would love to keep:
Lenoir
Greenlaw
Ward

Can't see if though with Purdy getting Paid… This roster went from wow to damn in 2 years.

I don't think Hufanga is worth it. Same for Banks and almost everyone else on the list.

The good news is Mason is an RFA so we have him for next year.

We basically need:
4 o linemen.
2 DT
1 viable edge opposite Bosa
A linebacker (or two)
2 safeties.
1te....

HOLY S…..

So my question is how do they go about this?
You know me. Lets rebuild the trenches and I think it starts the middle of that defense. Everyone else has been building nasty to defeat the team we used to be.....

If we can keep Greenlaw (assuming healthy) and get a real DT in the middle. The front 7 already becomes a top 10 unit again imo. Warner needs a beast to eat up bodies for him. So that a lone would make a huge difference. We need some dominating nasty in the middle of that d line again.

Then a real FS manning the back is also needed.

Offensively we need a new o-line. Assume we have TW and Puni. Again a real Center here and a serviceable RT should do the trick, but they have to nail the Center. I am not holding my breath here.

I have no idea the FA next year, but doubt we can do much with Purdy. I can def see them trading Deebo or some surprise move I haven't thought of yet.

The good news is we have a QB to build around which is paramount.

Bosa is second and we can still build around him and Warner on the D.
Share 49ersWebzone