Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 190 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• NoelC
  • Veteran
I'm stoked about Kyle but y'all have some unrealistic expectations. Just go in to the season with no expectations and youll be just fine
Originally posted by NoelC:
I'm stoked about Kyle but y'all have some unrealistic expectations. Just go in to the season with no expectations and youll be just fine

that's why i said this team will win 0 games. It's impossible to disappoint me.
  • NoelC
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
that's why i said this team will win 0 games. It's impossible to disappoint me.

Haha Idk about that. I say 5 or 6 wins. That's an improvement
Originally posted by tjd808185:
A lot of 8-8 teams on the schedule and I never call those games out of reach even if we're the underdog. Only takes them showing their worse half to walk away with a win. If we have steady improvements on offense, defense we're not going to be a 3-4 win team. You will find ways to win. Obviously we won't march into Seattle and knock off the Seahawks but I'll start with Carolina that game is winnable. This isn't necessarily last year's team. We gutted the roster. New qb, new front 7, new receivers.

I do think we are better than a 3 win team. But I also know both Shanahan and lynch have a long view approach with this squad.

So.... How will winning 6-8 games this year help us land a FQB? Seems like some decent prospects will be available.

I think hoyer starts 3-5. Respectable. Then he gets IR'd, Barkley takes over and we win 1-2 more games the rest of the year. 5-11 might get us a QB
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Jun 27, 2017 at 4:17 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Tennessee, Jacksonville, Rams, Rams, Arizona, Chicago, Giants, Texans, Redskins and Eagles are all up for grabs if SF plays much better this year; but it's a huge unknown so...just having a bit of fun. And Seattle without Lynch, Colts with a more human Luck, and who knows which Newton...all interesting games.

My guess is that 8-8 would be an incredible jump but possible if all things go right for Shanahan and company. Playing Carolina, Dallas and Giants at home will help some. Tough schedule but Dallas and Seattle are the only teams so good that they could have a bad game and still win.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, I'm just being real lol. The only teams that we might be better than from your list is the Rams and Chicago. We had a major turnover on personnel, but it's not like we brought in a ton of pro-bowlers (outside of a FB).

I just want to look competitive, it's yr one of one of the biggest rebuilds in franchise history imo...Patience is needed from the fan base.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
I do think we are better than a 3 win team. But I also know both Shanahan and lynch have a long view approach with this squad.

So.... How will winning 6-8 games this year help us land a FQB? Seems like some decent prospects will be available.

I think hoyer starts 3-5. Respectable. Then he gets IR'd, Barkley takes over and we win 1-2 more games the rest of the year. 5-11 might get us a QB

Cousins is already sold on Shanny if he's available we could 0-16 it's not going to matter. Who knows with Jimmy you got McD complicating that one. But there are free agents who want to win and being 7-9 puts you on their radar, hey come play with our rookie and watch him develop for 3 years will not. If we're in the toilet I won't be against taking the qb but I'm not one to think Shanny needs a top 5 qb. If he can spot out Carr I'd trust him with any pick in the 1st, 2nd. There's no reason to root for us to tank the year so a magical qb will fix us.

Cousins is already sold on Shanny if he's available we could 0-16 it's not going to matter. Who knows with Jimmy you got McD complicating that one. But there are free agents who want to win and being 7-9 puts you on their radar, hey come play with our rookie and watch him develop for 3 years will not. If we're in the toilet I won't be against taking the qb but I'm not one to think Shanny needs a top 5 qb. If he can spot out Carr I'd trust him with any pick in the 1st, 2nd. There's no reason to root for us to tank the year so a magical qb will fix us.

There also trading up to get your FQB. But we already locked up beathard for four years
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
There also trading up to get your FQB. But we already locked up beathard for four years

I don't see Beathard swaying us one way or another on finding our franchise QB next offseason.

Agreed, but if we have a terrible season and redskins go 12-4 or something. I could see Kirk staying. Winning would patch up any issues for them.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Jun 27, 2017 at 12:18 PM ]

I just think Kirk doesn't want to be in DC at the end of the day

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I have posted similarly, NY, and a lot goes back to the obvious, danny snyder not believing Kirk was for real after yr 1, then after yr 2, and now once again with a probable tag in yr 3. Heck, i wouldn't want to play for that guy either. Not much else he could have done to Kirk to let him know, danny didn't think Kirk was for real. Just a wealthy guy who thinks he is Vince Lombardi. He isn't.

Looking more and more like it.
Shannahan is back channel talking to Cousins like a mofo these days lol
Captain Kirk is doing his part.

Duh...ownership shuns him for a crappy RGIII over publicity and personal friendships and despite the Shanahans going to bat for him, fire them, then don't pony up when he does bring credibility and stability to the most important positon in football and then when he asks to leave, holds him hostage and fires the GM who went to bat for him.

Yeah, even after $40M, this isn't about money.

This is a personal EFF YOU to ownership!

Tick tock...
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 27, 2017 at 3:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone