Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NCommand:
This guy...just gets it.

Kyle on cutting Ellington:

"You want fast guys. You want quick guys. You want tall guys," Shanahan answered. "You want guys with great hands. Guys who are quick. Guys who can just flat-out run. Different types of abilities to use on certain plays. I thought we were a little front-loaded with some more inside receivers with the slot-type position. We had a little bit of a backup there. Trying to get some other guys to play a little bit more on the outside."

Aldrick
Trent
Goodwin

They can all do what Mr. Glass was supposed to do

Totally agree mr Commander!
Speaking of old school, Kyle scripts the first 24 plays...but hasn't made the whole 24 in perfect sequence for a number of reasons.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think you missed part of the quote where he said he wants guys that aren't injured every year

LOL...seriously!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Speaking of old school, Kyle scripts the first 24 plays...but hasn't made the whole 24 in perfect sequence for a number of reasons.

The body types of our WR's tells me Kyle is going to try something different with us. Seems like he loves speed but what we know even more is that he loves RB's even more. I think something may have sparked in his brain from his time in ATL with Coleman and Freeman.

Have a feeling Kyle is going to try to make it appear there is a RB at every receiving position or a receiver at every RB position. May be wrong but I have a feeling defenses will have to deal with a shifty route runner from every spot besides Tight End.
Shanahan is so dreamy
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
The body types of our WR's tells me Kyle is going to try something different with us. Seems like he loves speed but what we know even more is that he loves RB's even more. I think something may have sparked in his brain from his time in ATL with Coleman and Freeman.

Have a feeling Kyle is going to try to make it appear there is a RB at every receiving position or a receiver at every RB position. May be wrong but I have a feeling defenses will have to deal with a shifty route runner from every spot besides Tight End.

Smart move considering you cant tackle WR's and Running backs anymore. You have to gently hold them up from getting more yardage. I understand all the injury worries that the players and the NFL are facing regarding concussions and such, but instead of focusing on making the game less violent, I'd rather the NFL focus on cures to those brain injuries. Afterall it used to be knee gone, career gone, now it's just a temporary setback.

As for our coach, I can see him taking advantage of the flag football rules that now pervade the NFL. <sigh>
Originally posted by Giedi:

Smart move considering you cant tackle WR's and Running backs anymore. You have to gently hold them up from getting more yardage. I understand all the injury worries that the players and the NFL are facing regarding concussions and such, but instead of focusing on making the game less violent, I'd rather the NFL focus on cures to those brain injuries. Afterall it used to be knee gone, career gone, now it's just a temporary setback.

As for our coach, I can see him taking advantage of the flag football rules that now pervade the NFL. <sigh>

Tell that to any team playing Cincinnati!

I think he wants to model what he had in ATL

RBs that could catch. Big athletic TEs. Small wrs and a bonafide stud wr like Julio.

Who knows if we'll ever get close to finding a julio jones
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I think he wants to model what he had in ATL

RBs that could catch. Big athletic TEs. Small wrs and a bonafide stud wr like Julio.

Who knows if we'll ever get close to finding a julio jones

I really wish we would have gone hard for Pryor. IMO he would have been a great fit.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I really wish we would have gone hard for Pryor. IMO he would have been a great fit.

Nothing stopping us from going for him next year. Redskins can only franchise one player. Pryor knows he'll get PAID if he puts up similar numbers again.

The only reason he didn't get a long term deal he wanted was because he is a one-year wonder.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Nothing stopping us from going for him next year. Redskins can only franchise one player. Pryor knows he'll get PAID if he puts up similar numbers again.

The only reason he didn't get a long term deal he wanted was because he is a one-year wonder.

True, But we could have locked him up this year. His year of film last year is impressive, as are his measurables. He would have been a perfect complement to this group.
can't tell if there is a new presser cause KS wearing the same s**t

True, But we could have locked him up this year. His year of film last year is impressive, as are his measurables. He would have been a perfect complement to this group.
Don't blame him taking a 1 year deal with a qb like Cousins over our situation unless we have him what he was looking for in the beginning. Next year we can go after him and Cousins
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Don't blame him taking a 1 year deal with a qb like Cousins over our situation unless we have him what he was looking for in the beginning. Next year we can go after him and Cousins

That's very true. I didn't think about that little package deal. That's intriguing. We'll definitely have the cap space to pull it off.
Share 49ersWebzone