There are 610 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Cannot wait to finally see Kyle calling OUR plays. He was a kick in the pants as OC for Cleve, WASH, and ATL. Now, we finally get to see him with our guys. If you are a player, you have to be jazzed by that. Especially after 4 long yrs with Roman, then the disaster of tomsul, and lastly chip. This is not a step up. This is a light yr step up. Going from least capable, least polished least imagination...to the absolute best in all the preceding. Watching a guy who we all have seen succeed eleswhere, end up calling our O...man it doesn't get better than that. We are back...no matter what happens.. Let's just hope no injuries...please. But expect Kyle to call a game that we all are smiling about at end of night.

No more putting up with retards for Kyle
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Cannot wait to finally see Kyle calling OUR plays. He was a kick in the pants as OC for Cleve, WASH, and ATL. Now, we finally get to see him with our guys. If you are a player, you have to be jazzed by that. Especially after 4 long yrs with Roman, then the disaster of tomsul, and lastly chip. This is not a step up. This is a light yr step up. Going from least capable, least polished least imagination...to the absolute best in all the preceding. Watching a guy who we all have seen succeed eleswhere, end up calling our O...man it doesn't get better than that. We are back...no matter what happens.. Let's just hope no injuries...please. But expect Kyle to call a game that we all are smiling about at end of night.

Doesn't look like a stellar, "with it" crew running around beside him....oh, that's right...it's CLEVE. This is a different situation. And it ain't CLEVE. These are Kyle's guys, not whoever was HC at the time in Cleve.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Doesn't look like a stellar, "with it" crew running around beside him....oh, that's right...it's CLEVE. This is a different situation. And it ain't CLEVE. These are Kyle's guys, not whoever was HC at the time in Cleve.

He should know good coaching, he's been around it all his life. I've only read snippets of who he's worked with in the past - through the links from this thread and others on the WebZone, but my feeling is that most of the coaches that have worked under him have gone on and progressed to a higher level. If that's the case, I'm confident the staff he's assembled will become well known and accomplished at some point in time. We shall see...
What's with the throws behind the WRs on the slants? Cost us a lot of yards. Better work on that Kyle.

LOL that smug a*****e look.
  • thl408
He loves his Surface tablet. Are all the plays in that thing? Watch out for hackers.
Time to chew on some guys. No excuse for all the mental mistakes. Come down hard. Set the tone.
Originally posted by thl408:
He loves his Surface tablet. Are all the plays in that thing? Watch out for hackers.

I believe that is the standard device now for coaches.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
I love how well designed his runs are. That lag draw was a fantastic call. The zone run really compliments his passing concepts and I can see why his offense is always up there statistically. From a concept standpoint, his offense really is difficult to predict and to defense because he can run or pass from the same formations. This guy is a legit coach and a great heir apparent to the founder of the WCO. I mean talk about being not too far removed from the great one's coaching tree. Can't go too wrong with a lineage like Walsh, Seifert, Shanahan, Kubiak, Kyle.

Kyle better not be challenging obvious calls like he did yesterday. I'm tired of that s**t.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Kyle better not be challenging obvious calls like he did yesterday. I'm tired of that s**t.

A player needs to come down with the ball. The wr did not
What's with the throws behind the WRs on the slants? Cost us a lot of yards. Better work on that Kyle.

And the wide throw to Vance for a TD. Gotta work on that accuracy and timing.
Originally posted by NCommand:

And the wide throw to Vance for a TD. Gotta work on that accuracy and timing.

Surprised Vance is not getting ripped for that. Still early I guess
Originally posted by Giedi:
I love how well designed his runs are. That lag draw was a fantastic call. The zone run really compliments his passing concepts and I can see why his offense is always up there statistically. From a concept standpoint, his offense really is difficult to predict and to defense because he can run or pass from the same formations. This guy is a legit coach and a great heir apparent to the founder of the WCO. I mean talk about being not too far removed from the great one's coaching tree. Can't go too wrong with a lineage like Walsh, Seifert, Shanahan, Kubiak, Kyle.

Truth!
Share 49ersWebzone