49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
remember when Tomsula said "We're not a drop back kinda team"

pretty sad, but was true!
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I'm seeing things I've never seen since the 90's. Filmed training camp practices studied during exit meetings, constant emphasis on mechanics, players drowned into tough situations until they prove they can swim (how Kyle attacked Witherspoon's weaknesses). Watching Rice running splits with Goodwin and Bourne, QBs running footwork drills on play-action that appears as if they're foating on air in pictures. West coast fundamentals we haven't seen since his father was here (you can't even say Mooch's was as devout, and Harbaugh's was literally vanilla). West f**king coast back in the bay.

Lynch and Shanahan have already proved to be legit football-obsessed people -- I'm incredibly impressed, and confident their sophisticated tacticilty will bring the 49ers back to being a consistent playoff team. Brick by f**king brick!

AWESOME
http://www.knbr.com/2017/08/18/all-pro-db-chris-harris-reveals-why-hes-happy-broncos-dont-play-49ers-this-season/
We are on the right track. Just a matter of accumulating more talent the next few years.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I'm seeing things I've never seen since the 90's. Filmed training camp practices studied during exit meetings, constant emphasis on mechanics, players drowned into tough situations until they prove they can swim (how Kyle attacked Witherspoon's weaknesses). Watching Rice running splits with Goodwin and Bourne, QBs running footwork drills on play-action that appears as if they're foating on air in pictures. West coast fundamentals we haven't seen since his father was here (you can't even say Mooch's was as devout, and Harbaugh's was literally vanilla). West f**king coast back in the bay.

Lynch and Shanahan have already proved to be legit football-obsessed people -- I'm incredibly impressed, and confident their sophisticated tacticilty will bring the 49ers back to being a consistent playoff team. Brick by f**king brick!

AWESOME

Professional.
So I have a question.

What do you guys think will be Kyles biggest weakness as a head coach this year?

I personally think we will see random little simple mistakes. Things like poor clock management or situational football that is something a veteran coach always does.
Originally posted by tankle104:
So I have a question.

What do you guys think will be Kyles biggest weakness as a head coach this year?

I personally think we will see random little simple mistakes. Things like poor clock management or situational football that is something a veteran coach always does.

Kyle hasn't had a delay of game all of last year.

The only weakness is the players we currently have
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
So I have a question.

Being a coordinator and being a head coach and a coordinator are two different things. Just cause he excelled at being a coordinator doesn't necessarily that same management will come when the entire team is looking to him.

I expect his delay of game penalties to be very low but when I said poor clock management, I meant more along the lines of situational football. Just ways to run out the clock at the end of game to not give the team the ball back, how to let another team score quickly so we get a chance to score again or anything. 2 minute drills on offense and defense.

Just those little scheming things that typically come with experience.

I expect him to be really good at everything, and eventually great at it all, but I think a lot of that comes with experience. So i don't think if he has these issues that it will be because of incompetence or stubborn. Just lack of experience since he is a rookie head coach.
So I have a question.

Being a coordinator and being a head coach and a coordinator are two different things. Just cause he excelled at being a coordinator doesn't necessarily that same management will come when the entire team is looking to him.

I expect his delay of game penalties to be very low but when I said poor clock management, I meant more along the lines of situational football. Just ways to run out the clock at the end of game to not give the team the ball back, how to let another team score quickly so we get a chance to score again or anything. 2 minute drills on offense and defense.

I expect him to be really good at everything, and eventually great at it all, but I think a lot of that comes with experience. So i don't think if he has these issues that it will be because of incompetence or stubborn. Just lack of experience since he is a rookie head coach.

Offense is still his show and hes HC/OC.

I understand where youre coming from but i think he and Hoyer are gonna be too much on the same page for getting calls off on time..
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
So I have a question.

I understand where youre coming from but i think he and Hoyer are gonna be too much on the same page for getting calls off on time..

With Kyle being an aggressive coach I can see people blaming him for some mishaps when they don't work. I don't think will keep passing when we have the lead in the 4th or anything similar to bad clock management.

So I have a question.

With Kyle being an aggressive coach I can see people blaming him for some mishaps when they don't work. I don't think will keep passing when we have the lead in the 4th or anything similar to bad clock management.
Yup, definitely learned that from the sb. He doesn't have a qb like Ryan or a wr like jones to be tempted to air it out either. But I will never ever be mad at him being aggressive, can't tell you how many times I couldn't stand harbaugh and roman with a sit on the lead with a one td lead or even fg.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
So I have a question.

Yup, definitely learned that from the sb. He doesn't have a qb like Ryan or a wr like jones to be tempted to air it out either. But I will never ever be mad at him being aggressive, can't tell you how many times I couldn't stand harbaugh and roman with a sit on the lead with a one td lead or even fg.

HaRRoman sat on the lead as early as the first qtr
HaRRoman sat on the lead as early as the first qtr

It, he, they ....were just a bad dream. And now we've moved on. But watching that kind of krapt, was just stomach churning. By yr two it was hard. yrs 3 and 4 ...much worse. We were unlucky and that's the breaks. Then we somehow stumble into John and Kyle....that's the breaks too, but now, in a good direction. We were owed someones like those two.

And then prior to that since turn of the century, 17 SEVENTEEN long yrs ago we just bumbled from one bad GM and HC to the next. The last couple though....were really dead Enders.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 19, 2017 at 6:53 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
So I have a question.

Well in his last two games last year, he didn't call enough runs. His zone run offense didn't generate much run offense against a disciplined defense.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
So I have a question.

His dad is a two time super bowl championship coach, so he won't have much weaknesses at the outset. He has no experience with defense, so I'm thinking that may be where is hidden weaknesses are.
Share 49ersWebzone