There are 281 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Clearly Shanahan does not command respect. They do not fear him. All great coaches are feared by the players - Bill Walsh, Bill Bellicheck, Bill Parcells, even Harbaugh.

Oh you mean like Mike Singletary.

Holy s**t, it was a Preseason game, where was this "he doesn't command respect" talk last week.

He's gotta drop his pants in the locker room, that'll command respect.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Clearly Shanahan does not command respect. They do not fear him. All great coaches are feared by the players - Bill Walsh, Bill Bellicheck, Bill Parcells, even Harbaugh.

Oh you mean like Mike Singletary.

Holy s**t, it was a Preseason game, where was this "he doesn't command respect" talk last week.

He's gotta drop his pants in the locker room, that'll command respect.

No under wear on either.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Was Grant Cohn finally right about something? He said the 49ers practice like losers. Said Shanahan doesn't chew out players when they commit penalties in practice.
What a time to be alive.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Was Grant Cohn finally right about something? He said the 49ers practice like losers. Said Shanahan doesn't chew out players when they commit penalties in practice.
What a time to be alive.

Preseason dude preseason

Plus coaches chew out players in the film room
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by tankle104:
So I have a question.

What do you guys think will be Kyles biggest weakness as a head coach this year?

Leadership.

If you start losing 8-10 games in a year, and go 6-10 as expected. How do you respond? Everyone in the locker room right now respects you because you were a great o-coordinator in Atlanta. But as the season wears on and you start losing, the players in the locker room might start to lose faith in your game plan and scheme the more you lose. The shine will wear off eventually. Especially if you have consecutive losing seasons.

It's all about responding to adversity. I think having John Lynch around will help alleviate some of that.

Jesus Christ pump the f**king brakes, he's taking over a 2 win team

^^^ What he said ^^^ What I expect to happen is that they have a fairly rough first part of the season, maybe first half. Lots of bright spots and encouraging things, but also some 'shoot their own foot' moments like tonight. And losses based purely on talent gap reasons. But I really think they will start to gel and play good football in the second. half. My hope would be that by the end of the year, other playoff teams will not be looking forward to playing the 49ers. Just think if they could put a dent in the Cardinals or Seahawks playoff chances in the November games. It can be fun being the upstart team with nothing to lose, an stringing together some consistently good play to finish off the year.

Although, it would be nicer to be that playoff team in November instead. But that is coming soon.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
So I have a question.

What do you guys think will be Kyles biggest weakness as a head coach this year?

Leadership.

If you start losing 8-10 games in a year, and go 6-10 as expected. How do you respond? Everyone in the locker room right now respects you because you were a great o-coordinator in Atlanta. But as the season wears on and you start losing, the players in the locker room might start to lose faith in your game plan and scheme the more you lose. The shine will wear off eventually. Especially if you have consecutive losing seasons.

It's all about responding to adversity. I think having John Lynch around will help alleviate some of that.

^^^ What he said ^^^ What I expect to happen is that they have a fairly rough first part of the season, maybe first half. Lots of bright spots and encouraging things, but also some 'shoot their own foot' moments like tonight. And losses based purely on talent gap reasons. But I really think they will start to gel and play good football in the second. half. My hope would be that by the end of the year, other playoff teams will not be looking forward to playing the 49ers. Just think if they could put a dent in the Cardinals or Seahawks playoff chances in the November games. It can be fun being the upstart team with nothing to lose, an stringing together some consistently good play to finish off the year.

Although, it would be nicer to be that playoff team in November instead. But that is coming soon.

Well said...I think this is realistic.
Originally posted by NCommand:
So I have a question.

Leadership.

His biggest weakness is not having a franchise QB run his offense.
  • NoelC
  • Veteran
The legend of whining continues in the zone....🙄. 2nd preseason game..people already sayin he doesn't command respect...LOL

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
What a time to be alive.

Preseason dude preseason

Plus coaches chew out players in the film room

This. Beat writers aren't around the team every breathing second. What we do know is Kyle is taking over a bad team. They have a ton of new players so some lack of cohesion should be expected. Kyle has been praised consistently over the course of the off-season for his attention to detail and the teachable moments he provides. He said himself that errors provide him those moments to teach and correct mistakes.

I think Shanahan understands that right now this is a young team that will need some consistent coaching and patience, not a drill sergeant up their @$$ everytime they mess up.

The team has been shuffling the depth chart around this off-season trying to create true competition throughout the team. Both Lynch and Kyle have shown to have to no problem cutting their losses on players when they no longer fit their vision. Just look at how many people they've already cut for evidence of that. People need to calm down and let these guys do their job. It's not always going to be pretty taking over a two win team but it's a marathon, not a sprint. These guys deserve some time, not our fanbase dipping for conclusions after just two preseason games.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Aug 20, 2017 at 9:29 AM ]
  • NoelC
  • Veteran
Its a young ass team. People really thought they'd come out looking like super bowl team lmao
I would only lend credence to rumor like this from a credible source. Cohn's rep is he stirs the pot for controversies sake. It does not mean he is wrong, just that I don't trust his opinion. These guys have more access for sure, but they do not have close to complete access. I would venture to say that their opinions/agendas are as much a guess as us on this forum much of the time.
Originally posted by NoelC:
The legend of whining continues in the zone....🙄. 2nd preseason game..people already sayin he doesn't command respect...LOL

It's hilarious, I guess Walsh didn't command respect after his second preseason game either. In 1979, they won their preseason opener and then lost game 2 41-10. Including the preseason, we lost 11 straight games. That team was also coming off a 2 win season. This is the water we are currently sailing. We are a s**tty team and will look terrible at times. The hope is the foundation is installed this year.
Originally posted by NCommand:
So I have a question.

Leadership.

Remember, when Harbs too over, the first preseason sucked, but regular season turned out pretty damn good.
Share 49ersWebzone