There are 257 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Gotta teach them how to hold the ball coach.
The offense seemed to pass the ball well and was able to get chunk yardage. Something I haven't seen since TO left. If we dont turn the ball over 5 times I suspect we win that game.
Originally posted by JBrack:
The offense seemed to pass the ball well and was able to get chunk yardage. Something I haven't seen since TO left. If we dont turn the ball over 5 times I suspect we win that game.

Yup... injuries, turnovers and penalties are the foundation of football.

If even, then it comes down to talent and scheme and making plays.

We seemed fine on the latter...not the former.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Was Grant Cohn finally right about something? He said the 49ers practice like losers. Said Shanahan doesn't chew out players when they commit penalties in practice.
What a time to be alive.

harbs was a leader, shanny is not a leader, he more of an X and O's guy, you can tell the difference with body language on the sidelines between the two. i mean im sure he can be successful too with right personal tho , right now we aint got no QB on the team and no RB of the future, hyde is 27 and still hasnt proven himself for a year? time to move on with something else there, and secondary sucks too.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yup... injuries, turnovers and penalties are the foundation of football.

If even, then it comes down to talent and scheme and making plays.

We seemed fine on the latter...not the former.

Yeah im not sold on the idea of lack of talent or scheme either. I think its more of a familiarity thing.

Not only are the players not familiar with each other. But some of the players themselves are stepping in to larger roles that they aren't completely comfortable with yet.
4 TOs in first 5 possessions.

I know my dog JBreezy aint trippin... Yet lol.
Man if we combine Kyle and Harbaugh, you get a mega coach. Harbaugh knew how to discipline players, but his scheme can get too vanilla at times. Kyle can learn, but he seems too easy going. I hope he eventually learns how to hold people accountable.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
4 TOs in first 5 possessions.

I know my dog JBreezy aint trippin... Yet lol.

Not tripping but raising the rock eyebrow a little. Lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Man if we combine Kyle and Harbaugh, you get a mega coach. Harbaugh knew how to discipline players, but his scheme can get too vanilla at times. Kyle can learn, but he seems too easy going. I hope he eventually learns how to hold people accountable.

Walsh wasn't a shouter and neither was Siefert. I think Kyle will be fine. Knowledge and competence will generally (in the long run) exceed inspirational motivation.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Walsh wasn't a shouter and neither was Siefert. I think Kyle will be fine. Knowledge and competence will generally (in the long run) exceed inspirational motivation.

They both had good assistant coaches to lay the wood on the guys if you watch replays they were actually pretty brutal on the coaches....not to mention self policing by many the HOFers.

Originally posted by Giedi:

Oh of course he doesn't need to shout at people. He is new at being a HC so I don't expect him to learn right away. I'm not too surprised by the penalties from the first 2 preseason games. It is a tough system to learn and would rather have sloppy play now rather than in november.
I thought we moved the ball well in the first half if it wasnt for the wonky 4 turnovers...
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 21, 2017 at 12:47 AM ]

Harbaugh was a really good coach, insane, but a really good coach. It's too early to make any statements on Kyle's abilities, but I predict he'll be better.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kyle seems really reserved, like he doesn't want to let out what he really feels. But, it's his first year, so I think gradually his personality will come out.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Kyle seems really reserved, like he doesn't want to let out what he really feels. But, it's his first year, so I think gradually his personality will come out.

IMO theres a time and place ESPECIALLY as a new coach.. Earn the respect then you can rip on them IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone