There are 258 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Eff all these videos and designs of the success of the Falcon's. Julio Jones isn't walking through that door. He played a large role in attracting coverage to open things up.

So far, I haven't seen s**t from this starting offense. Backups look good.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Eff all these videos and designs of the success of the Falcon's. Julio Jones isn't walking through that door. He played a large role in attracting coverage to open things up.

sometimes i wonder if people here are aware that the people the falcons had on offense is not what we have on offense. oh i forgot when the regular season rolls around. everything will click.lol

Shanahan didn't have Julio Jones in Washington. They finished 18th and 16th his first two years then 5th and 9th his last two. All that while having Santana Moss and Pierre Garcon as his number one receivers and an over the hill Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman and Rg3 as his qb's.

This is a complex offense that is going to need time to come together. There's no doubt in my mind that the offense will improve in just about every statistical category this year but it's going to take time to reach the full capacity of what this offense offers.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Aug 24, 2017 at 8:26 AM ]

I've seen some variation of the same plays seen on the video, ran by our personnel since 2011. Some of them over used and some altogether didn't work.

Let's wait and see. Not like he didn't use some of these plays with the Browns and Washington. Didn't became the #1 offense in the NFL like in Atlanta
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 24, 2017 at 8:34 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
sometimes i wonder if people here are aware that the people the falcons had on offense is not what we have on offense. oh i forgot when the regular season rolls around. everything will click.lol

Who is saying this? This seems like just another inordinate and or sarcastic generalization. Most people are simply preaching patience while standing firm to the complexity of the offense. It took Shanahan two years to install his full offense in Atlanta, which he has alluded to in the past. Nobody is looking at our current roster and expecting a miracle. Their expecting improvement as time goes along. That ranges from penalties to offensive production. These are very common expectations to have for an intricate offensive scheme.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Aug 24, 2017 at 8:48 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Who is saying this? This seems like just another inordinate and or sarcastic generalization. Most people are simply preaching patience while standing firm to the complexity of the offense. It took Shanahan two years to install his full offense in Atlanta, which he has alluded to in the past. Nobody is looking at our current roster and expecting a miracle. Their expecting improvement as time goes along. That ranges from penalties to offensive production. These are very common expectations to have for an intricate offensive scheme.
many people have been quick to rush in when some of us dare be critical of the coach for all the penalties the team is making by saying.. well when the regular season starts that will not happen. oh and if i had a nickel for everytime i heard a poster say... well we are being vanilla on offense in the pre season. we will turn it on game one

LOL...IKR? cciowa is just making this stuff up. Nobody is saying these things. Sure, you'll have the occasional homer like Cohn who's still predicting 9 wins and the eternal optimists but these are outliers. The mass majority of the fan base is pretty grounded at this stage. And the funniest part is nobody is trying to convince cciowa otherwise. It's like he's visiting an alternate universe WZ.
many people have been quick to rush in when some of us dare be critical of the coach for all the penalties the team is making by saying.. well when the regular season starts that will not happen. oh and if i had a nickel for everytime i heard a poster say... well we are being vanilla on offense in the pre season. we will turn it on game one

Its mute button time
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Its mute button time

This guy supported Tomsula and Kelly but won't support Shanahan lol

I wonder whose posts say that? I certainly don't see that as a theme on here. Most posters are well aware we were probably the worst team in the league overall. We sucked everywhere from talent to coaching. Most of what I see are posts that think we are heading in a better direction, not that we are going to look like last years Falcons in the W-L column. We have done a 180 in offensive scheme, defensive scheme,and have exactly one draft and FA season under an entirely new FO and coaching staff. No one seriously believes this train wreck gets turned around in a year. That doesn't mean people can't be excited and have a little hope that we won't keep heading down the wrong track at full speed.

The Falcons went from 3.8YPC the first season under Shanahan to 4.6YPC in the second season.

Not just Atlanta, the Baltimore offense when they switched to the ZBS struggled mightily their 1st year, their run blocking was especially awful and then in the 2nd year when Kubiak came onboard, it started to click and Justin Forsett ran for a crapload of yards.

It will take some time. Anyone seeking immediate gratification might as well start popping Xanax now because it isnt coming.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 24, 2017 at 9:03 AM ]

Its mute button time

Never thought I would see that day but...
[ Edited by mojave45 on Aug 24, 2017 at 9:02 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL...IKR? cciowa is just making this stuff up. Nobody is saying these things. Sure, you'll have the occasional homer like Cohn who's still predicting 9 wins and the eternal optimists but these are outliers. The mass majority of the fan base is pretty grounded at this stage. And the funniest part is nobody is trying to convince cciowa otherwise. It's like he's visiting an alternate universe WZ.

We're winning 5 games or less. Idk where cc thinks all of us are talking about 9 plus wins.
We're winning 5 games or less. Idk where cc thinks all of us are talking about 9 plus wins.

He is curb stomping the hell out of some strawmen.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He is curb stomping the hell out of some strawmen.

Share 49ersWebzone