There are 235 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Bye bye most of the team by the looks of it. If people are non chalant and just chilling during the season, I don't want most of the players. I would rather have people being super pissed off after loses than people that just accept it and collect their paychecks.

I don't think its going to be as dramatic as some think. When you lose, nobody looks good but the roster does have some decent foundational pieces to build around.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Just hope he finds a respectable QB
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Why does everyone hate AA? I'd bet that he's here as penciled in as a starter if we go 3/4 when the season starts. He came in to training camp last year in freakish shape and incredibly dedicated, then he tore his shoulder.

And get ride of our best pass rusher? If you put a true pass rusher opposite lynch he'll have a hell of a season. Much like a younger Brooks opposite Aldon. He has showed a weight problem but I'd also bet that he'd be around.

My nickname for Armstead is "Putt, putt". The guy has no motor. Looks like Tarzan in otas, plays like jane on game days.

Lynch just isn't dedicated to the game. Pisses me off, because he's got a lot of talent.

IMHO, we can do so much better than these guys.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Why wouldn't they. That was some lazy ass training. We lost a good DL coach with that BS.

LOL. JT was not a good line coach or a good coach or a good person. lets leave the past in the past where it belongs and that includes what kyle did in his last job
He wasn't? Interesting. Could swear that the d-line was a strength with him as their coach.
JT was a great DL coach, but thats about it at this point in his career
Originally posted by WerschingMachine:
Why does everyone hate AA? I'd bet that he's here as penciled in as a starter if we go 3/4 when the season starts. He came in to training camp last year in freakish shape and incredibly dedicated, then he tore his shoulder.

And get ride of our best pass rusher? If you put a true pass rusher opposite lynch he'll have a hell of a season. Much like a younger Brooks opposite Aldon. He has showed a weight problem but I'd also bet that he'd be around.

My nickname for Armstead is "Putt, putt". The guy has no motor. Looks like Tarzan in otas, plays like jane on game days.

Lynch just isn't dedicated to the game. Pisses me off, because he's got a lot of talent.

Well until we get a better player they aren't going anywhere IMO
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Bye bye most of the team by the looks of it. If people are non chalant and just chilling during the season, I don't want most of the players. I would rather have people being super pissed off after loses than people that just accept it and collect their paychecks.

I don't think its going to be as dramatic as some think. When you lose, nobody looks good but the roster does have some decent foundational pieces to build around.

Yeah I think bucky and our young corners have bright futures. I really want a healthy Bowman and another stud linebacker.
Didn't see this coming

I'm so excited about these quotes!

"I am very excited to dedicate myself to the process that lies ahead," Shanahan said in a statement Monday. "The first step in that process is identifying talented individuals who love the game of football as much as John and I do -- coaches, players and staff. We are looking for individuals who work hard and are dedicated to doing things the right way, always in the best interest of the team. Most importantly, we want to give our fans a team they can be proud of on and off the field."

Bye, bye Kaep, AA, Lynch, Martin. Go steal money from some other team.

I agree Lynch would kick ass if he's under a good coach like he is now. AA needs to learn how to stop the run and hold the edge though, that killed the defense last year.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Why wouldn't they. That was some lazy ass training. We lost a good DL coach with that BS.

LOL. JT was not a good line coach or a good coach or a good person. lets leave the past in the past where it belongs and that includes what kyle did in his last job

JT was an excellent dline coach. WTF are you talking about? Just because he sucked at being a HC doesn't mean he wasn't good as a DL coach.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Didn't see this coming

That came out of left field.

Lol AA gets injured, tries to play through it and gets ripped by know it all armchair GMs.
Didn't see this coming

Wow, that is a heck of a surprise, dude drank his way to the top.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 7, 2017 at 8:38 AM ]
Didn't see this coming

Won't have to move too far from 'Bama to Georgia.
Looking forward to seeing his staff round out. Honestly, I'm not in love with retaining anyone but Rathman. With the long term commitment already on the table for the HC/GM, it's a rare opportunity at ground zero. It's really unfounded in recent memory when you can look at a QB room from year to year and have every face be new.

There are going to be severe growing pains, especially in year one. Substantial enough that I'm not in favor of starting a rookie in week 1. The QBoTF needs to come on board ASAP but I'd be in no rush to get him on the field.
Didn't see this coming

Only NFL experience is one year as QB coach under Norv Turner and Jimmy Raye in 2004 (Oakland)
[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 7, 2017 at 8:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone