There are 226 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
How? By hiring a guy would hasn't been a DC since 2004? He's a proven loser no thanks. Why the hell would you bring in his dad? We have Kyle and last time they worked together it was problems in D.C...that would be horrible.

Pretty sure we already have a GM that has no experience in the FO you want to hire aother one?

Why is it that on multi times I've posted something and then in a short few months it's popular on the webzone. Garoppolo is are best bet and Cousin is too. I know and read that Cousins is going to be franchised... but when posted it wasn't a fact. We draft a QB in the first round is another JJ Stokes pick. Frost the MLB is our best purchase that's if Garoppolo doesn't cost that.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
How? By hiring a guy would hasn't been a DC since 2004? He's a proven loser no thanks. Why the hell would you bring in his dad? We have Kyle and last time they worked together it was problems in D.C...that would be horrible.

Pretty sure we already have a GM that has no experience in the FO you want to hire aother one?

Yes 1994 my bad lol thanks
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Baldie:
I honestly don't think they get back to the SB. I think they get to the playoffs but probably won't get back to the SB anytime soon..

The NFC South is where the worst team ends up winning the following year, so the Panthers will probably be good...

Shanny is the one who made ATL an elite team. I'm sure Quinn is a solid coach but the smart thing for ATL will be to load up on Defense.
[ Edited by Joecool on Feb 7, 2017 at 4:08 PM ]
Originally posted by afalau:

LOL. Truth.
Originally posted by NCommand:

LOL. Truth.

Haha yeah. The offense was clearly the strength of that team and what got them that far. I know people are going to give Kyle a hard time about the last few drives, but fact of the matter is the Falcons are not in the SB with a chance to win without him. He took the pieces that were there and made them truly special. Watch what happens to ATL after this season, they will miss Kyle greatly.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NCommand:

LOL. Truth.

Haha yeah. The offense was clearly the strength of that team and what got them that far. I know people are going to give Kyle a hard time about the last few drives, but fact of the matter is the Falcons are not in the SB with a chance to win without him. He took the pieces that were there and made them truly special. Watch what happens to ATL after this season, they will miss Kyle greatly.

Has Quinn deflected anything from Kyle in the games aftermath? If not, that's pretty f**king ridiculous. Atlanta was a team that gave up 400 points and still almost had a +140 point differential. The offense carried this team.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Mike Shanahan for OC
Jeff Fisher for DC
Gary Kubiak for front office role

Our OC is Kyle.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
Mike Shanahan for OC
Jeff Fisher for DC

Our OC is Kyle.

With two DC's, does that make him the DC too?

Has Quinn deflected anything from Kyle in the games aftermath? If not, that's pretty f**king ridiculous. Atlanta was a team that gave up 400 points and still almost had a +140 point differential. The offense carried this team.

Haven't been paying attention too much, but seems like he's deflecting most of the questions altogether. Just been saying it was a great hard-fought game, and he doesn't regret the play calls so much as he regrets the outcome of the plays.
Originally posted by jcs:
Mike Shanahan for OC
Jeff Fisher for DC

Our OC is Kyle.

With two DC's, does that make him the DC too?

how would Kyle be DC? He's never called a defensive game before to my knowledge.

He does however have vast experience calling offense and that's the reason he got the gig. I've heard reports he plans on going without an OC and call the offense himself. That's basically the Bill Walsh model. All the guys attached to Bill (wyche, Hackett, Green, Holmgren) were Technically QB coaches when Walsh was around.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Feb 7, 2017 at 5:04 PM ]
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

The #49ers confirm the release of their entire strength and conditioning staff.
  • thl408
Originally posted by VDSF:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

The #49ers confirm the release of their entire strength and conditioning staff.

Damn, even the ACL recovery team? That's rough.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
how would Kyle be DC? He's never called a defensive game before to my knowledge.

He does however have vast experience calling offense and that's the reason he got the gig. I've heard reports he plans on going without an OC and call the offense himself. That's basically the Bill Walsh model. All the guys attached to Bill (wyche, Hackett, Green, Holmgren) were Technically QB coaches when Walsh was around.

Just wondering who's actually making the play calls. I can see chaos with two DC's doing that together.
Share 49ersWebzone