LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 279 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Niners816:
how would Kyle be DC? He's never called a defensive game before to my knowledge.

He does however have vast experience calling offense and that's the reason he got the gig. I've heard reports he plans on going without an OC and call the offense himself. That's basically the Bill Walsh model. All the guys attached to Bill (wyche, Hackett, Green, Holmgren) were Technically QB coaches when Walsh was around.

Just wondering who's actually making the play calls. I can see chaos with two DC's doing that together.

I'm not too sure in that setup...I'd guess someone would have to be primary caller for the defense. I'd assume Kyle would let them do their thing, especially if he's handing the offense.
Just wondering who's actually making the play calls. I can see chaos with two DC's doing that together.

One guy would be the playcaller, one guy would be assisting with the gameplanning, be a passing game coordinator of sorts which is pretty much what Henderson has been doing in Atlanta. It sounds more like an honorary title for one guy more than anything else.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

The #49ers confirm the release of their entire strength and conditioning staff.

Good. We needed that for sure
Flys in to town tomorrow

Happens a lot more in college then in the NFL. But its a similar situation to what 49ers had last year with Kelly calling plays and Curtis Modkins helping to design the game plan.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Happens a lot more in college then in the NFL. But its a similar situation to what 49ers had last year with Kelly calling plays and Curtis Modkins helping to design the game plan.

That's what I'm asking...who's the guy in charge on D? Calling the plays, or is everything getting funneled through Kyle.
That's what I'm asking...who's the guy in charge on D? Calling the plays, or is everything getting funneled through Kyle.

It would be the primary playcaller's responsibility, whether that be Saleh or Henderson, don't see the need for the calls being funneled through to anyone. In this scenario the designated playcaller would be the equivalent of Chip Kelly, calling all the defensive plays while the other guy would play the role of Modkins, handling prep and helping out with game adjustments.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Most likely Jerome Henderson will help design the game plan and Robert Saleh calling plays.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Niners816:
Has Quinn deflected anything from Kyle in the games aftermath? If not, that's pretty f**king ridiculous. Atlanta was a team that gave up 400 points and still almost had a +140 point differential. The offense carried this team.

Haven't been paying attention too much, but seems like he's deflecting most of the questions altogether. Just been saying it was a great hard-fought game, and he doesn't regret the play calls so much as he regrets the outcome of the plays.

He did mention, at least once in a post interview, about the defense being a gassed towards the end / 4th qtr...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Ninerblood:
Just watched first take and they all think the Falcons can be a dynasty in the making even without Shanahan. I don't know what to think about that. What do you guys think?

A dynasty doesn't start with choking in the super bowl.

Even if they won, they'd end up being like Seattle with all this "Dynasty" talk... only to Die Nasty.

#TheirWindowIsClosed

So whene is the presser going to be??
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
So whene is the presser going to be??

Thursday 1pm PT
Hey guys! It's been more than one day and Shanahan didn't do this to us!

We can officially exhale!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Flys in to town tomorrow

Hopefully he doesn't forget his backpack this time.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
#BackPackGate coming right up...
Share 49ersWebzone