49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 259 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

As a Rams fan who used to love posting with all of you, I look forward to seeing what Kyle does with your team.

I miss all of you being somewhat coherent and lovely to talk to.

I think Kyle will at least make the Niners a good team. Which may make you all back to normal.

(excepting jrg of course)
[ Edited by ArizonaBlue on Feb 8, 2017 at 1:07 AM ]
Originally posted by ArizonaBlue:
As a Rams fan who used to love posting with all of you, I look forward to seeing what Kyle does with your team.

I think Kyle will at least make the Niners a good team. Which may make you all back to normal.

Right back at you, I think McVay and Phillips could make a big impact on the Rams, could even push them in front of the Cards next season. Good luck.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Haha yeah. The offense was clearly the strength of that team and what got them that far. I know people are going to give Kyle a hard time about the last few drives, but fact of the matter is the Falcons are not in the SB with a chance to win without him. He took the pieces that were there and made them truly special. Watch what happens to ATL after this season, they will miss Kyle greatly.

Their offense will, for sure.

Interestingly enough if they can keep building the D like Denver did, they might have a shot at winning the SB with defense. They certainly have the head coach for it, and their O can certainly do no worse than Manning's last season.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by afalau:

LOL. Truth.

Haha yeah. The offense was clearly the strength of that team and what got them that far. I know people are going to give Kyle a hard time about the last few drives, but fact of the matter is the Falcons are not in the SB with a chance to win without him. He took the pieces that were there and made them truly special. Watch what happens to ATL after this season, they will miss Kyle greatly.

No doubt...the last three drives ended in 4th and 25, missed assignment in pass protection (fumble) & 4th and 33.

That's called shooting yourself in the foot.

Oh, and they fired their DC today: Falcons to replace Richard Smith at DC: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000784475/article/atlanta-falcons-replacing-richard-smith-at-dc
Originally posted by cciowa:
he was over rated as a coach no matter what title he had , just like roman was. fangio and more recently mangini and rathman
yeah right...

You're a Rams fan called Arizona (Seahawks) Blue posting on a 49er forum? I'm so confused! LOL

Welcome...we're getting closer to turning the NFCW upside down...as it should be. Still got a ways to go...
You're a Rams fan called Arizona (Seahawks) Blue posting on a 49er forum? I'm so confused! LOL

Welcome...we're getting closer to turning the NFCW upside down...as it should be. Still got a ways to go...

I do agree though, I think the NFCW will be a lot different next year. I think the Rams will have one more down year before heading in the right direction, and that things will be different for us.

My hopefully optimistic nfcw standings next season

SEA
SF
ARI
LA

edit: Shanny related, can't wait to see some real offensive playcalling next year.
[ Edited by KayFabe on Feb 8, 2017 at 6:37 AM ]
Haven't been paying attention too much, but seems like he's deflecting most of the questions altogether. Just been saying it was a great hard-fought game, and he doesn't regret the play calls so much as he regrets the outcome of the plays.
He doesn't regret the play calls? Thanks, Jed, we hired McDaniels of the Broncos.
Originally posted by communist:
Haven't been paying attention too much, but seems like he's deflecting most of the questions altogether. Just been saying it was a great hard-fought game, and he doesn't regret the play calls so much as he regrets the outcome of the plays.
He doesn't regret the play calls? Thanks, Jed, we hired McDaniels of the Broncos.

No, my post was a response to a question regarding Dan Quinn's comments after the game, not Shanahan's. Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Shanahan was reported saying "I blew it" after the game. In hindsight he would have played it differently, but the aggressive play calling is what they did all year with great success. Can't blame him too much for trusting his MVP and #1 offense not to blow it. Ryan took bad sacks, the players missed blocking assignments and committed costly penalties.

Good to see a fan of another team post here. McVay and Shanny were my top two choices. I think both our teams hired the best HC candidates. Good luck to us!

BTW, Rams always play Seahawks tough and manage to win. Here's to hoping Niners can finally do the same.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Feb 8, 2017 at 7:58 AM ]

Originally posted by communist:

No, my post was a response to a question regarding Dan Quinn's comments after the game, not Shanahan's. Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Shanahan was reported saying "I blew it" after the game. In hindsight he would have played it differently, but the aggressive play calling is what they did all year with great success. Can't blame him too much for trusting his MVP and #1 offense not to blow it. Ryan took bad sacks, the players missed blocking assignments and committed costly penalties.

On the 3rd and 1 play (which ended up being the fumble) they had something like a 70% success rate throwing the ball on 3rd down with 1-4 yards (to get the 1st) this past season. They actually threw the ball in those situations more than ran the ball. It's who that team was all yr. NE game planned that 2nd half like a boss and people aren't giving them more credit in that regard.

That defense gave up 31 pts in the second half, yet that s**t isn't talked about more... especially when there HC is a defensive guy
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KayFabe:

I do agree though, I think the NFCW will be a lot different next year. I think the Rams will have one more down year before heading in the right direction, and that things will be different for us.

My hopefully optimistic nfcw standings next season

SEA
SF
ARI
LA

edit: Shanny related, can't wait to see some real offensive playcalling next year.

I see it like that too, only if the standings are gonna be even close to that, first I'd like to know who the QB is?
Originally posted by afalau:

LOL. Truth.

No doubt...the last three drives ended in 4th and 25, missed assignment in pass protection (fumble) & 4th and 33.

That's called shooting yourself in the foot.

Oh, and they fired their DC today: Falcons to replace Richard Smith at DC: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000784475/article/atlanta-falcons-replacing-richard-smith-at-dc

Quinn kinda took responsibility after the loss I think, and the Falcons fans have mixed feelings about it.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4052217-dan-quinn-no-regrets-over-calls-made-down-stretch-in-super-bowl-li/
Thank God he's calling plays.
Originally posted by 801niner:
Thank God he's calling plays.

Just just got the alert something we already kind of new was going to happen.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 18m18 minutes agoMore

The plan for #49ers coach Kyle Shanahan is to have QB coach Rich Scangarello, run-game guru Mike McDaniel…and coordinate the offense himself

Share 49ersWebzone