49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by ritz126:
people think winning a SB is easy it kinda boggles my mind

I think winning Super Bowls was easier when their wasn't a salary cap.

No. Joe Montana just made it look easy

Tom Brady made it look even easier.

Nah. All of Brady's Super Bowls came down to the wire with his Bucs ring being the one exception. Montana embarrassed defenses with a smile on his face while pointing out celebrities in the stands to calm his teammates down

Joe had it easy without a salary cap or F/A to poach his teammates away after every championship.

Lol
Can you imagine if the Rams drafted Lance? Aaron Donald would have demanded a trade. He wasn't going to wait around for that development. And that's what I don't get about shanalynch. Wouldn't it have been better to acquire a ready now qb? Shanahan was balancing the win now aspect of the game to appease the fans and the veterans along with preparing for the future. Do 1 or the other.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Can you imagine if the Rams drafted Lance? Aaron Donald would have demanded a trade. He wasn't going to wait around for that development. And that's what I don't get about shanalynch. Wouldn't it have been better to acquire a ready now qb? Shanahan was balancing the win now aspect of the game to appease the fans and the veterans along with preparing for the future. Do 1 or the other.

I will let you know in 10ish years if it was the better move.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Marv Levy and Jim Kelly with Buffalo went to four Superbowls in row and lost all 4. Is it a choke? Is it bad luck? Probably a bit of both.

That's just awful, we getting there with 2 recent sb loses, need to close the deal next year

i think shanahan tried to do that. i think we offered alot for stafford. this offense with a passer like that would be unstoppable. but in the end the rams were willing to give away more than us, which is kind of their fav thing to do, but look at what it netted them. maybe now shanny realizes it is worth it. i think it is. vet FAs are proven, draft picks are not. even if their first rounders.

this is why i believe we are trying to bring TB12 in. our D an run game is so strong we wouldnt even need a TB12 at his peak. 45 year old TB12 could do wonders for our struggles.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jcs:
3-0 in the superbowl says he knows how to finish

Harbs sucks too....right?

Tomlin lost a SB and hasn't been back for what over a decade, with a HOF QB?

Payton couldn't even make it back to a SB with one of the best QBs of all time....11 yrs and then he retired.

Andy Reid lost a SB and took him 15 years to get back. Not until he got a generational talent at the QB position.

John Harbaugh somehow got Joe Flacco to play some of the craziest playoff football of his life. Squeaked out a SB and hasn't gotten back since. Even with a MVP QB on currently on his roster.

McVay put up 3 pts, worst in SB history....had go out and get a top end QB in Stafford to make it back and actually win. His play calling overall during that game had some questionable moments. Thank god he had a QB that could throw no look passes on a late 3rd and long and he got a gimme PI in the RZ. That offense wasn't playing amazing football at all.

Sean McDermott hasn't even gotten to a SB and that's with a elite in his prime QB.

Matt LaFleur has a 4 time MVP QB first ballot HOFer and won more games then anyone since he became the HC in GB. Hasn't even made it to a SB.

Pete Carroll's old crusty ass was about to get canned before blindly drafting Wilson in the 3rd rd. Even with Wilson in his prime they got ONE super bowl, one of the worst play calls in the history of all the SBs, and hasn't sniffed a SB in over 8 yrs.

Kyle makes it to a SB and NFCC two of the past 3 years with avg ass always hurt Jimmy G and people want to cry about it. Ya'll are f**king ridiculous.

It's more fashionable to complain nowadays.

Yup
Nah. All of Brady's Super Bowls came down to the wire with his Bucs ring being the one exception. Montana embarrassed defenses with a smile on his face while pointing out celebrities in the stands to calm his teammates down

Steve young made it look easier then anyone in the SB
Can you imagine if the Rams drafted Lance?

With what draft picks lol
Originally posted by stefano89:
i think shanahan tried to do that. i think we offered alot for stafford. this offense with a passer like that would be unstoppable. but in the end the rams were willing to give away more than us, which is kind of their fav thing to do, but look at what it netted them. maybe now shanny realizes it is worth it. i think it is. vet FAs are proven, draft picks are not. even if their first rounders.

this is why i believe we are trying to bring TB12 in. our D an run game is so strong we wouldnt even need a TB12 at his peak. 45 year old TB12 could do wonders for our struggles.

We didn't offer anything for Stafford. It's all been documented and Kyle spoke about it. Other teams gave up MORE than what the Rams did, but it didn't matter because Stafford wanted to play in LA, said it for two yrs.

Not sure why you keep saying this stuff when the reality of it has been reported upon, literally they had a whole segment on it pre-super bowl.

We are not trying to bring in Brady either lol. Dude is off in Costa Rica right now having some damn drinks. Let him live his life.
Can you imagine if the Rams drafted Lance?

With what draft picks lol

You need a better imagination

We didn't offer anything for Stafford. It's all been documented and Kyle spoke about it. Other teams gave up MORE than what the Rams did, but it didn't matter because Stafford wanted to play in LA, said it for two yrs.

Not sure why you keep saying this stuff when the reality of it has been reported upon, literally they had a whole segment on it pre-super bowl.

We are not trying to bring in Brady either lol. Dude is off in Costa Rica right now having some damn drinks. Let him live his life.

Wanna bet that's where Kyle Shanahan is vacationing
Ya but whose choice was it to continue to run the ball up the middle into a wall DL. That's not on the qb that's the play caller. I highly doubt JG10 audible called all the plays into runs that we're getting nowhere all game. That's on the coach. An that's why we lost. The run is getting stuffed all game, we have a 3rd an 2 that we HAVE TO convert to have a chance at winning…..an he runs our FB up the middle. Again. Into a….you guessed it a wall.

Terrible terrible play call. WRs we're wide open right behind the DL. Right where JG10 thrives. I wish he woulda said f**k you shanahan I'm not throwin this game I'm gonna go win an audibled into his own plays. Was like that all game. That's not on the qb that's on the coaching an that's the main reason we lost.

let's just hope the coach that called those idiotic season ending plays is now in Miami an not in SF.

No no no....Jimmy audibled plenty in the SB and NFCC. When you hear him say "cannn" that's a audible. Jimmy get's multiple plays each down and makes the call based on the pre-snap coverage. Mostert talked about one audible from the NFCC game where they had OL going the wrong way on a run....Jimmy changed the call and because of how loud it was half the OL didn't hear the change. s**t like that happens.

You want to talk about bad play calls....what about the half a dozen missed reads by Jimmy? Guys were WIDE open and he simply didn't see them or didn't pull the trigger. There's numerous clips of this and has been discussed plenty.

Here's just one thread (multiple plays) of good play calls and missed chances by our QB. End of the day players gotta execute...and if not get the f**k of the field and find someone that will do it.

I get complaining about a couple plays here and there...thinking it's just plain bad play calling all the time when not even realizing what the play were or watching the all-22 is silly.

im not here to join the obvious " whose more at fault Jimmy or shanahan" fight thats goin on in here. im just saying the majority of the reason we lost this years NFC game was coaching. not only coaching but the majority. responsibiltiy for that loss i think goes coaching then QB play then Defensive play. with coaching being #1 easily.

yes JG10 missed some good throws. yes he made mistakes. but the game plan an play calling was much worse an had much more of an affect on the game. was it JG10s decision to not go for that 4th down when we could still move the ball? was it JG10S decision to run Juice OUR FB into a f**king wall on a 3rd down we HAD to convert to win?? if it was, il gladly agree the QB is mostly to blame for this loss. if he audibled to those decisions then thats on him. however those look like calls by our coach that fit his style perfectly cause shanny loves to stick with something when its not working an loves to be way overconservative when we need to be aggressive.

yes our run game is our strength, and pounding teams down has gotten us SOME wins. not all. but well into this NFC title game our run game wasnt pounding s**t. we got nowhere. the rams D sat their LBs right there at the LOS all game an dared us to pass and what do we do? run right into them. over an over an over an over. do you know what the definition of insanity is? our game plan in the NFC title game. look it up.

JG10 had wide open guys in the middle of the field in short to mid range all over the 2nd half, an yes he missed some of those passes but you can tell that taking advantage of those open guys was not in their game plan. that 2nd half was just a few key passes away from getting us a W then leading to us pounding the bengals.
JG10 didnt have one of his games, he didnt have a titans game. he played just good enough to win that day. idiotic calls like a FB run when your getting stuffed all day lost us that game. terrible timeclock an TO management lost us that game. leaving a hobbled trent williams in the game when hes a clear liability (AND HIS REPLACEMENT DID f**kIN FINE AGAINST THE RAMS LAST TIME) lost us that game.

since everyone thinks this is a "its shanny or jimmy" thing, shannys the best offensive coach wev had in a long time. a loooong time. hes not goin anywhere. but if he refuses to learn an change an grow from his experiences an mistakes, ladies an gents we are f**ked, prepare for more of the same.
im not here to join the obvious " whose more at fault Jimmy or shanahan" fight thats goin on in here. im just saying the majority of the reason we lost this years NFC game was coaching. not only coaching but the majority. responsibiltiy for that loss i think goes coaching then QB play then Defensive play. with coaching being #1 easily.

Well you kinda are joining that convo with this statement lol... I just showed you about 7 plays that could have changed the outcome of that game easily. People like to b***h about coaching and don't look at what was happening on a given play. The proof was right there, our QB didn't make the plays end of the day. It's hard to win with that s**t happening. I mean go look at the playoffs overall...our QB was BY FAR the worst performing QB in the draft and we still almost got to the SB. THAT IS GOOD COACHING IMO.

yes our run game is our strength, and pounding teams down has gotten us SOME wins. not all. but well into this NFC title game our run game wasnt pounding s**t. we got nowhere. the rams D sat their LBs right there at the LOS all game an dared us to pass and what do we do? run right into them. over an over an over an over. do you know what the definition of insanity is? our game plan in the NFC title game. look it up.

Dude why do you think our run game failed? You don't think it was because teams knew our QB can't make the plays needed end of the day? Deebo even said the reason we lost was because LA went all in to stop the run game, forcing SF to throw it. Word for word that's what he said....passing the ball is the reason we lost, I mean come on let's call a spade a spade for once. Kyle had the plays right there and our guy couldn't execute. What are you expecting? how much simpler can Kyle make it for our QB? He hardly had to throw the football this yr, didn't have to make these elite throws, YAC monster all over the place, and had a great defense on the other end.

JG10 had wide open guys in the middle of the field in short to mid range all over the 2nd half, an yes he missed some of those passes but you can tell that taking advantage of those open guys was not in their game plan. that 2nd half was just a few key passes away from getting us a W then leading to us pounding the bengals.
JG10 didnt have one of his games, he didnt have a titans game. he played just good enough to win that day. idiotic calls like a FB run when your getting stuffed all day lost us that game. terrible timeclock an TO management lost us that game. leaving a hobbled trent williams in the game when hes a clear liability (AND HIS REPLACEMENT DID f**kIN FINE AGAINST THE RAMS LAST TIME) lost us that game.

since everyone thinks this is a "its shanny or jimmy" thing, shannys the best offensive coach wev had in a long time. a loooong time. hes not goin anywhere. but if he refuses to learn an change an grow from his experiences an mistakes, ladies an gents we are f**ked, prepare for more of the same.

I have no idea what you're talking about here....yes we had guys open all over the field and our QB did NOT take advantage of it. Ayiuk should have had 200 yards man. You can see it the all-22, he was visibly pissed off and for good reason. It's the freaking playoffs your most important player has to show up. Avg 170 yards a game and throwing more INTS then TDS is NOT gonna cut it. You think calling a FB run lost us the game lol? Never mind the other 50 plays....all Jimmy had to do was make ONE more play that's it. He couldn't do it.

What does he have to change? explain? Since he's come here he's changed the run game, it's not just OZ. He's changed how he evaluates WRs. He's played Jimmy a s**t ton out of shot gun, instead of under center. He's created a new damn position on offense with Deebo. I have no idea what you legit are expecting? I love how people throw blind words out there like "he's the reason we lost" or "he needs to change" and offer nothing of substance to backup that statement?

Look he's still a young coach and has made his mistakes, EVERY coach does...he done more good things then bad things....by FAR.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 15, 2022 at 1:08 PM ]

documented? where? i havent seen that all year, but i havent been paying attention to that either. maybe i missed an article. regardless do you really think FOs an coaches reveal to the public an media all their moves, plans an decisions. no. the media is for creating stories, not reporting the truth an facts. the FOs of NFL teams know this as well. they tell the media what they want to tell them. an that is not at all close to everything, or always accurate.

a year ago our FO was saying our plan was 100% to move forward with JG10 as our starter, just weeks later we made one of the biggest draft pick trades in the teams history to get one of the top 3 QBs. i highly highly doubt we were not in the stafford sweepstakes and i hope we are in the TB12 sweepstakes.

good for tom if hes on the beach right now, i would be too if i were him. but that 100% does not mean he cant play football in 2022.
This offseason Shanahan will be doing which of the following:

A) Holding on to Jimmy Gs right leg as he tries to board a plane to Washington DC as the new quarterback of the Commanders

B) s**tting in his pants watching Trey Lance in practice

C) On the phone with Tom Brady crying in tears for him to unretire

D) Apologizing to Aaron Rodgers for the 49ers drafting Alex Smith over him and telling him that Lynch do whatever he can to get Davante Adams to SF

E) Basking in Cabo San Lucus confident in Trey Lance to take over the reigns
Share 49ersWebzone