LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 245 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
I don't, because he never threw those anyway.

Trey doesn't throw over them middle that much, however. We'll see how it goes, but he won't be able to feast if he doesn't get those Jimmy throws, too. At least the deep game will be a legitimate threat now.

I mean the kid has a handful of passing attempts, we have no idea if can make throws over the middle or not.

I would call these throws solid passes down the middle, no?

Now Jimmy is much better in this department for sure...I think we just need more film on the kid before we label what he can and can't do
This is just what happens when guys' egos are so strongly invested in Jimmy Garoppolo. It's so pervasive that other coaches are given credit for Super Bowl winning plays made by their players on other teams (so as to not praise a rival QB who everyone knows is better), and when our coach schemes someone wide open and the QB doesn't throw it, the claim is that Shanahan doesn't want the QB to throw it there.

Fortunately this will be over soon. For us anyway. Not so much for forum of whichever team trades for Jimmy, since half of these guys will go there.

Yeah it's all so blatantly obvious what is happening in here.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't, because he never threw those anyway.

Trey doesn't throw over them middle that much, however. We'll see how it goes, but he won't be able to feast if he doesn't get those Jimmy throws, too. At least the deep game will be a legitimate threat now.

I mean the kid has a handful of passing attempts, we have no idea if can make throws over the middle or not.

I would call these throws solid passes down the middle, no?

Now Jimmy is much better in this department for sure...I think we just need more film on the kid before we label what he can and can't do

I'm just saying it's not his preference. He's improved that weakness I talked to you about (unwillingness to throw without a clear line of site to the target). But he still prefers outside throws, and I don't blame him, since they are less risky. But yeah he can do it, and unlike recent 49ers QBs he'll work on his weaknesses and improve them, I have little doubt. Best of all, I don't think there are any fundamental mental limitations with him, like I believe there is with Jimmy.
I'm just saying it's not his preference. He's improved that weakness I talked to you about (unwillingness to throw without a clear line of site to the target). But he still prefers outside throws, and I don't blame him, since they are less risky. But yeah he can do it, and unlike recent 49ers QBs he'll work on his weaknesses and improve them, I have little doubt. Best of all, I don't think there are any fundamental mental limitations with him, like I believe there is with Jimmy.

I honestly don't know what he prefers...IMO he's gotta play more in this system before making a call like that. We have about 4 years of film from Jimmy and have a good idea of what he likes and doesn't like to do.

But yeah if you look at his passing chart vs Jimmy's you see a lot more diversity in his throws. We will see, I have an open mind to Lance and I'm not expecting greatness out the gate...I do think Kyle will highlight what he can do and the overall roster will help Lance and the team continue to win games
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
He loves pounding the rock - now with Trey he'll have a balanced attack.

Trey can't even read the field, throw an accurate ball or throw a spiral. So let's not get ahead of ourselves.

He'll be ready by opening day.

We will see.

Guys, that is wishful thinking.

We all watched the Texans game right? Let's just say it wasn't pretty. Although it might feel like that was a long time ago, only it isn't. We played the Texans on Jan 2, that was only 1 1/2 months go. And needless to say Jimmy had taken all the 1st team reps until the 9ers got eliminated. To expect Lance to be fully ready by September is just not realistic.

Lynch and Shanny have to call Tom, is as simple as that. I don't care what they have to do, beg, borrow or steal, they have to get it done. They need to mend the fences and sign Tom.

What game were you watching? That second half was just fine for a 21 yr old kid who been a scout QB all yr and hasn't played a season of football since 2019.

Ended up with 250 yards 2 TDs 1INT QB rating 116 completed 70% of his passes 11.5 IAY. Dude played better then McCorkle vs the Texans (whom everyone loves in here). There's a slew of big boy throws from that game.

Trey Lance is definitely no Leonard Fournette of QBs.
Originally posted by genus49:
Trey Lance is definitely no Leonard Fournette of QBs.

Rascal's favorite player of all time!
Now that it's almost 100% sure that Trey will be starting next year, Kyle can go to work on some new plays geared to Trey's skills. Without the physical limitations that Jimmy had, Kyle will be able to diversify the offense. I don't expect drastic changes but adding the run/pass option and a few more deep patterns will make it harder to defend this team.
He loves pounding the rock - now with Trey he'll have a balanced attack.

Trey can't even read the field, throw an accurate ball or throw a spiral. So let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I get being skeptical of Trey. For every pro-Trey fan there will be the negative ones. Balances the universe. But you are on another level. You say CAN'T a lot when hes proven in his small sample size that he can. He just needs to find consistency
Really hope Lance turns out to be what Kyle needs him to be. Just the overall build and that arm, he's exactly what you are looking for. Even and balanced size. He's tightened the release. His build is better than Josh Allens or Mahomes. Even his stride is strong that holds up his stature very well without appearing to show any bit of struggle when cutting.

Praying that he becomes a top 10 thrower and dissector of defenses.
Originally posted by ritz126:
it took andy reid 10+ years
it took bill belichiek 6 years

consistently making playoff runs isn't choking the big game

chocking is being one and done in the playoffs

i swear people need to actually understand the game instead of being reactionary casuals

Dude he's a troll...he says the same exact thing over and over without acknowledging what others say in here or have a conversation about it.

He doesn't care what you or I say about anything regardless of how many truths you put in front of him. It's a massive waste of time and not worth acknowledging IMO.

He was the same poster about 10 years ago on here. Thankfully he went away for a bit, but now he came back the same. Grown ass man now and still behaving like a teenager.

Am I in the ride Matt Stafford nuts thread?

You guys would flip out if Jimmy G threw 17 interceptions in one season. Funny if Tartt didn't drop the interception which was a horrible throw by Stafford we wouldn't be having this conversation. Funny how one throw changes the trajectory of everything.

If it was Jimmy who would have thrown that ball behind to OBJ (Deebo) which caused him to tear his ACL yall would be unbearable.

Stafford is better then Jimmy yes but he still isn't a top 5 QB in this league. It's obvious he too needs a good team around him to win.
Originally posted by miked1978:

You guys would flip out if Jimmy G threw 17 interceptions in one season. Funny if Tartt didn't drop the interception which was a horrible throw by Stafford we wouldn't be having this conversation. Funny how one throw changes the trajectory of everything.

If it was Jimmy who would have thrown that ball behind to OBJ (Deebo) which caused him to tear his ACL yall would be unbearable.

Stafford is better then Jimmy yes but he still isn't a top 5 QB in this league. It's obvious he too needs a good team around him to win.

I don't think anyone would care since we would have won the super bowl... that's kind of the point.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by miked1978:

I don't think anyone would care since we would have won the super bowl... that's kind of the point.

Exactly I wouldn't give a flying f**k.
Not sure where to post this but I was stopped at a red light this morning behind a pretty nice car (tesla maybe) with a 49ers license plate frame. I wanted to show my fellow 49er faithful credentials and decided to honk 49 times. It did not work out as I intended.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

So i can go look in the Jimmy G thread and see no negative posts from you prior to February?
Share 49ersWebzone