LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 258 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I don't think anyone would care since we would have won the super bowl... that's kind of the point.

So i can go look in the Jimmy G thread and see no negative posts from you prior to February?

What is that supposed to mean? Lol

Nothing you've said so far has made any sense.

Stafford threw 17 picks (5 more than Jimmy) but he also threw for 41 TDs (21 more touchdowns than Jimmy).

Who wouldn't take 21 TDs more touchdowns if it came with only 5 more turnovers?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Really hope Lance turns out to be what Kyle needs him to be. Just the overall build and that arm, he's exactly what you are looking for. Even and balanced size. He's tightened the release. His build is better than Josh Allens or Mahomes. Even his stride is strong that holds up his stature very well without appearing to show any bit of struggle when cutting.

Praying that he becomes a top 10 thrower and dissector of defenses.

Lance has a strong build, Josh Allen is an absolute tank. He was apparently over 250 this season. Just one reason why I hope that Lance doesn't try running the football the way Allen does. Just pick up yards, get down and get out of harm's way.
I don't think anyone would care since we would have won the super bowl... that's kind of the point.

So i can go look in the Jimmy G thread and see no negative posts from you prior to February?

Stafford threw 17 picks (5 more than Jimmy) but he also threw for 41 TDs (21 more touchdowns than Jimmy).

Two different O's with two different demands of the QB and different WR asks as well. Kupp is open every play whereby Deebo excels more at trucking people on the ground then taking a well deserved snap off to catch a breath. Your counting stats don't apply. Imagine comparing a starting pitchers K's to a relief pitcher. The starter has like 180 Ks the reliever like 50. Yet it's a misleading comparison. Better stat is K/9 which accounts for innings pitched. It would be the only sincere comparison.

With that in mind.

JG rating 98.9
MS rating 91.1

Career rating which is an all encompassing look at passer metrics with volume accounted for.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 16, 2022 at 10:16 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Two different O's with two different demands of the QB and different WR asks as well. Kupp is open every play whereby Deebo excels more at trucking people on the ground then taking a well deserved snap off to catch a breath. Your counting stats don't apply. Imagine comparing a starting pitchers K's to a relief pitcher. The starter has like 180 Ks the reliever like 50. Yet it's a misleading comparison. Better stat is K/9 which accounts for innings pitched. It would be the only sincere comparison.

With that in mind.

JG rating 98.9
MS rating 91.1

Career rating which is an all encompassing look at passer metrics with volume accounted for.

Lmao okay so career rating is all that matters now? I thought winning was all that mattered. Isn't that what everyone said when Jimmy beat Stafford in the regular season? Now it's flipped flopped because it doesn't fit the agenda.

Personally I don't think Stafford is a top 5 QB. But he's certainly much much better than Jimmy. In any offense or whatever context you want to frame them with.

It's just this silly idea that fans would be pissed about Stafford's play when he just literally beat us and went on to win the super bowl. You really think people would be crying about five more interceptions from Jimmy if he won the super bowl?

With that in mind.

JG rating 98.9
MS rating 91.1

Lmao okay so career rating is all that matters now? I thought winning was all that mattered. Isn't that what everyone said when Jimmy beat Stafford in the regular season? Now it's flipped flopped because it doesn't fit the agenda.

Personally I don't think Stafford is a top 5 QB. But he's certainly much much better than Jimmy. In any offense or whatever context you want to frame them with.

It's just this silly idea that fans would be pissed about Stafford's play when he just literally beat us and went on to win the super bowl. You really think people would be crying about five more interceptions from Jimmy if he won the super bowl?

Just pointing out it's not a real comp in my mind a pass heavy O's TD passes vs our run heavy TD passes. That's like saying look some slugger has way more homers than Ichiro. Doesn't mean he's better. He's just asked to fulfill a different role than Ichiro. Better comp for Ichiro or any ballplayer would be something like WAR. QB rating is kinda like that for QBs.

With that in mind.

JG rating 98.9
MS rating 91.1

Just pointing out it's not a real comp in my mind a pass heavy O's TD passes vs our run heavy TD passes. That's like saying look some slugger has way more homers than Ichiro. Doesn't mean he's better. He's just asked to fulfill a different role than Ichiro. Better comp for Ichiro or any ballplayer would be something like WAR. QB rating is kinda like that for QBs.

I'm sure you already know this but QBR is much more comprehensive than QB rating. And Jimmy's QBR is worse than Stafford's 2021 regular reason and post season.

Im not saying anyone who throws more touchdowns or has a better TD to INT ratio is always the better player… I'm saying it's still my opinion that Stafford is better than Jimmy and that again, no one would cry about 21 more touchdowns and 5 more picks after winning the super bowl. That's just silly.

Hell… I wouldn't care if Jimmy threw 5 picks and no touchdowns and we won it all. All I want and other fans want is to win the championship. That's it.

They had damn near the same INT % this yr....difference is the TD to INT % and the fact that one dude can make big time throws that make up for same gunslinger dumb moments and the other can't.

Dude brings up "throwing behind OBJ" as the reason he got hurt lol. f**king turf fields and that s**t hit him in the numbers, it was a barely behind him. How often do we see Jimmy throw high/low/behind our receivers? s**t go ask Kittle how he felt after that high throw on a screen pass. Deebo got damn near knocked out with Jimmy tossing a injury ball vs LA.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Really hope Lance turns out to be what Kyle needs him to be. Just the overall build and that arm, he's exactly what you are looking for. Even and balanced size. He's tightened the release. His build is better than Josh Allens or Mahomes. Even his stride is strong that holds up his stature very well without appearing to show any bit of struggle when cutting.

Praying that he becomes a top 10 thrower and dissector of defenses.

Lance has a strong build, Josh Allen is an absolute tank. He was apparently over 250 this season. Just one reason why I hope that Lance doesn't try running the football the way Allen does. Just pick up yards, get down and get out of harm's way.

I expect Lance to be around 235lbs all said an done...dudes only 21 and not in his grown man body yet.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by genus49:
Trey Lance is definitely no Leonard Fournette of QBs.

Rascal's favorite player of all time!

Let him have his chance to vent. He'll disappear and then come back to b***h after the 49ers 1st loss next season.

With that in mind.

JG rating 98.9
MS rating 91.1

BA was open all damn game vs LA...Jimmy went full simple jack on a handful of plays. You talk about Kupp being open all game, but disregard where a TON of Jimmy's yards came from...yards after the catch. Jimmy lead the league in yards after the catch per completion. Stafford was 11th. Jimmy was 4th worse in AYTS (air yards to the sticks) Stafford was 4th best. Stafford was 3rd in completed air yards per completion. Jimmy 10th (which is actually high for him).

Why are you looking at career QB rating? We're talking about 2021 and Stafford playing for LA not the worst organization in football for a decade.

Stafford rating 102.9
Jimmy rating 98.7

Listen man they're simply different QBs with different skill sets and different ceilings. Is what it is...doesn't make Jimmy junk or anything. Stafford is just better than him and that's okay.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

So much this. I don't care if Trey weighs five bills. Just get down and move on to the next play. I saw enough hits in the AZ game to never see that s**t again. If Trey wants to Elway helicopter then do it at the end of a Super Bowl for the game winning score. Otherwise, nope.

Then just use TD% and INT% to compare

Stafford's TD% was 6.8% and his INT% was 2.8
Jimmy's TD% was 4.5% and his INT% was 2.7

Just use shoe size.

In the Red Zone:
Stafford: 112 pass attempts, 32 TDs
Jimmy: 55 pass attempts, 15 TDs

Rams: 201 plays, 113 passes
49ers: 125 plays, 63 passes

Total Plays:
Rams: 1058, 607 passes (57%)
49ers: 1046, 514 passes (49%)
[ Edited by a49erfan77 on Feb 16, 2022 at 12:13 PM ]
Stafford had too many picks but he also there the ball for 4900 yards and increased Cooper Kupp's career best production by like 750 yards.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 16, 2022 at 12:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone