49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Any chance he goes all John Wick gets fortune favors the brave tattooed on his back and starts going for the jugular? I think that McVay SB win may light an honest to god fire under his behind.

It shouldn't take your division rival to light a fire under ass
Our coach is a choker

Yea kinda reminds me of how Andy Reid would be in the playoffs with the eagles and always choked it away. Even lost a superbowl .

Andy Reid has a ring...and against Kyle....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Shanny, go!
Originally posted by jcs:

Yeah and how many years was he a HC in the NFL before that came about?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

do we really have to wait that long and going by that hes gonnna get a ring elsewhere then
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Feb 17, 2022 at 12:42 AM ]
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Do we really need to debate if Shanahan is a great coach or not? Because there´s 20 teams at least that would be more than happy if the Niners made the giant mistake to let go Shanny Jr.

Only took him 20 years and a generational talent at QB to get there....
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Just pointing out it's not a real comp in my mind a pass heavy O's TD passes vs our run heavy TD passes. That's like saying look some slugger has way more homers than Ichiro. Doesn't mean he's better. He's just asked to fulfill a different role than Ichiro. Better comp for Ichiro or any ballplayer would be something like WAR. QB rating is kinda like that for QBs.

Then just use TD% and INT% to compare

Stafford's TD% was 6.8% and his INT% was 2.8
Jimmy's TD% was 4.5% and his INT% was 2.7

Well I mean rating bakes all that stuff into the cake as well as other metrics. More comprehensive.

Jimmy's QB rating in 2021 98.7
Stafford's QB rating in 2021 102.9

Stafford won a SB.
Jimmy won 0 SB.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Oh don't worry about that Not like getting a generational QB didn't help him there either. Kyle almost won that s**t with an avg starting QB all the same.

Tomlin was gifted a SB winning roster and hasn't won one (with a HOF QB) in over a decade. Payton hasn't even made it to a NFCC in 11 straight years with one of the best QBs of our generation.

Crusty old ass Carrol almost got canned before stumbling over Wilson in the 3rd rd....hasn't won a SB in 8 years, made one of the dumbest play calls of all-time, and hasn't made it to a NFCC with peak Wilson since.

Sean McDermott hired same time as Kyle, has one AFCC loss and nothing else....dude has Josh freaking Allen and a s**t ton of talent.

31 teams don't win the SB every single yr....but you know Kyle is trash lol.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 17, 2022 at 5:53 AM ]
Originally posted by pdc20:
Do we really need to debate if Shanahan is a great coach or not? Because there´s 20 teams at least that would be more than happy if the Niners made the giant mistake to let go Shanny Jr.

Right? hell a 3rd of the league fired their HC just this yr! You got a bunch of HCs on their last leg right now and will be fired a year from now....yet here we are crying about Kyle

No HC is perfect end of the day.

Only took him 20 years and a generational talent at QB to get there....

Reid basically lost the choke-off championship against Kyle. The coach who choked more in that superbowl won the choke-off championship. And Kyle out choked Reid.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Feb 17, 2022 at 6:08 AM ]

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Reid basically lost the choke-off championship against Kyle. The coach who choked more in that superbowl won the choke-off championship. And Kyle out choked Reid.

So if you don't make it, let alone win the SB for over a decade do you become a "choker" again? I'm not sure how the rules work in this stupid name game?

Tomlin/Payton been choking for a decade with first ballot HOF QBs. I guess McDermott is a worse choker then anyone...his biggest accomplishment was losing in the AFCC and that's with a elite Josh Allen. Carroll who fell over Wilson in the 3rd (about to be fired) got one SB, had one of the worst calls in the history of the SB, and hasn't sniffed a NFCC longer than Kyle's been a HC...with peak Wilson.

John Harbaugh hasn't even been to the AFCC in 9 yr and that's with a MVP QB. Dude's been choking longer than Kyle's even been a HC as well.

Kyle out here going to a Super Bowl and NFCC with the 15th best QB in the league, who can't stay healthy, and rocking one of the worst 4th QR stats for any QB in playoff history....context is a beautiful thing....it's a shame people hate using it.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 17, 2022 at 6:54 AM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:
Easier said than done... will the KS10 followers ever point to the HC if Lance becomes the next Trubisky?

You don't let go of really coaches. There are very very few of them out there. I think Kyle is a great coach. If I am Jed - I am letting Kyle coach as long as he wants to coach this team.

There is no chance that Lance turns into Trubisky but if he does - that's on him more than anything - and this is coming from a guy who wanted Lance over everyone in the draft.

So if you don't make it, let alone win the SB for over a decade do you become a "choker" again? I'm not sure how the rules work in this stupid name game?

Tomlin/Payton been choking for a decade with first ballot HOF QBs. I guess McDermott is a worse choker then anyone...his biggest accomplishment was losing in the AFCC and that's with a elite Josh Allen. Carroll who fell over Wilson in the 3rd (about to be fired) got one SB, had one of the worst calls in the history of the SB, and hasn't sniffed a NFCC longer than Kyle's been a HC...with peak Wilson.

John Harbaugh hasn't even been to the AFCC in 9 yr and that's with a MVP QB. Dude's been choking longer than Kyle's even been a HC as well.

Kyle out here going to a Super Bowl and NFCC with the 15th best QB in the league, who can't stay healthy, and rocking one of the worst 4th QR stats for any QB in playoff history....context is a beautiful thing....it's a shame people hate using it.

Once labeled a choker it's hard to shake. It's not the idea of not making it to the superbowl, it's being in position to win and failing to close.

Reid temporarily shook the label thanks to mahommes. But the last 2 years, especially this last bengals game, he's slowly getting that label back. Shanahans only way of shaking that label is closing out the big game. Unfair maybe, but true.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Feb 17, 2022 at 7:25 AM ]
Once labeled a choker it's hard to shake. It's not the idea of not making it to the superbowl, it's being in position to win and failing to close.

Reid temporarily shook the label thanks to mahommes. But the last 2 years, especially this last bengals game, he's slowly getting that label back. Shanahans only way of shaking that label is closing out the big game. Unfair maybe, but true.

So what are you if you DON'T even make it to the Super Bowl (or even the divisional championship in some cases) in damn near a decade....are you just a big fat loser? So what's worse just being a straight up loser for a decade or almost getting it done but not finishing your first 5 yrs as a HC?

So Tomlin, Payton, Carroll, both Harbs, Matt LaFleur, Mike Vrabel, McDermott etc are just big fat losers....they don't even get to choke because they can't even get to that position to have a chance too....wow every HC is a loser/choker at some point, minus one guy every yr....who would have thought.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 17, 2022 at 7:46 AM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:
You don't let go of really coaches. There are very very few of them out there. I think Kyle is a great coach. If I am Jed - I am letting Kyle coach as long as he wants to coach this team.

There is no chance that Lance turns into Trubisky but if he does - that's on him more than anything - and this is coming from a guy who wanted Lance over everyone in the draft.

Moon thinks PJ Fleck would just dominant in the NFL...I mean look at that resume lol.
Share 49ersWebzone