49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Easier said than done... will the KS10 followers ever point to the HC if Lance becomes the next Trubisky?

Sure because we haven't decided in our head exactly how good a coach Shanny is.

Will you give him credit if Lance develops or will it all be due to Lance himself?

Why wouldn't I?

I feel that KS10 sees Lance as another Mahomes, why, I don't know... I hope it's not because he was able to roll to the left and throw a 60 yarder .. but if he becomes a very good QB, then credit must be given to whom it may deserve.

It will also be a moment for YOU to agree that KS10 is nothing more than a very good OC instead of a " GREAT HC " if he ends up throwing playoff parties at home year in and year out. ..

Okay I have to ask, why is he KS10? What is the 10 for?

10 was the points that both KC and LA spotted KS before he went clueless..
clueless?

how? and please give a real answer
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Easier said than done... will the KS10 followers ever point to the HC if Lance becomes the next Trubisky?

Will you give him credit if Lance develops or will it all be due to Lance himself?

Why wouldn't I?

I feel that KS10 sees Lance as another Mahomes, why, I don't know... I hope it's not because he was able to roll to the left and throw a 60 yarder .. but if he becomes a very good QB, then credit must be given to whom it may deserve.

It will also be a moment for YOU to agree that KS10 is nothing more than a very good OC instead of a " GREAT HC " if he ends up throwing playoff parties at home year in and year out. ..

clueless?

Nooooo
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Two different O's with two different demands of the QB and different WR asks as well. Kupp is open every play whereby Deebo excels more at trucking people on the ground then taking a well deserved snap off to catch a breath. Your counting stats don't apply. Imagine comparing a starting pitchers K's to a relief pitcher. The starter has like 180 Ks the reliever like 50. Yet it's a misleading comparison. Better stat is K/9 which accounts for innings pitched. It would be the only sincere comparison.

With that in mind.

JG rating 98.9
MS rating 91.1

Career rating which is an all encompassing look at passer metrics with volume accounted for.

BA was open all damn game vs LA...Jimmy went full simple jack on a handful of plays. You talk about Kupp being open all game, but disregard where a TON of Jimmy's yards came from...yards after the catch. Jimmy lead the league in yards after the catch per completion. Stafford was 11th. Jimmy was 4th worse in AYTS (air yards to the sticks) Stafford was 4th best. Stafford was 3rd in completed air yards per completion. Jimmy 10th (which is actually high for him).

Why are you looking at career QB rating? We're talking about 2021 and Stafford playing for LA not the worst organization in football for a decade.

Stafford rating 102.9
Jimmy rating 98.7

Listen man they're simply different QBs with different skill sets and different ceilings. Is what it is...doesn't make Jimmy junk or anything. Stafford is just better than him and that's okay.

Stafford is better than Jimmy, but what I find interesting is that they needed every bit of that huge production out of him and Kupp to be SB champ.

If Stafford was on the Niners, would've been an easier SB ring for him, by far. He has the talent to create production through the air, and the run game would likely be even better than it has been and he could've leaned on that to guarantee wins if needed. The Rams really don't have the 49ers run game, and hence where I think his turnovers came from.

49ers really are that team. Smart NFL fans know this is the best team in the league if you remove the QB from it.

People talk about the Rams like they were some juggernaut. They aren't/weren't, and will never be.

This is correct. And Trey is going to be better than Stafford, because unlike Stafford (and Jimmy), Trey is not going to be a turnover machine.

EDIT - I'm not saying next year. But before he's done.

Doesn't take a crystal ball to extrapolate from past events. He was careful with the ball in college, his INT% this year is low for a rookie, and he prefer throwing outside, where there is less risk.

.I couldn't find my sardonic glance emoji. So I post this instead.

What part of what I said was not objectively, verifiably true? It's a statistical fact he was careful with the ball in college. It's a statistical fact that the only first round rookie QB with a lower INT% than him is Jones, and it's a statistical fact that he throws more to the outside than dear departed Jimmy. None of this is opinion. It's all objective, incontrovertible truth.

Right, but it doesn't fit his crusade to, somehow (on a fan site, no less), preserve Jimmy's tenure as a Niner for at least one more year. Not sure if it's pure Jimmy love, or if there's some Trey hate sprinkled in, but there's no denying that this dude is on a mission. An embarrassingly futile mission, but a mission nonetheless. And, to be clear: when I say "embarrassingly futile," I mean like watching an adult in an astronaut costume wedging himself into the coin-operated rocked ride in front of a supermarket, expecting to fly to space.

Post like this is why we need thumbs ups or rep.
This is why so many here on this forum called Stafford a "loser" that they didn't want when we were in the mix to trade for him. They ignored the context of him being on a team that has won ONE playoff game in over SIX DECADES. Now we can see that him being 5th all time in 4th quarter comebacks isn't a mirage. He really is clutch, as shown by the three post-season 4th quarter comebacks.

But, like Jimmy, a lot of the time he needs those it's because his own dumb mistakes put the team in that position. Nevertheless, he cleans up his shat upon bed better than Jimmy does, due to superior talent.

Those same people still aren't labeling him a winner lol. No one can check themselves after the fact and say I was wrong or that was a stupid take. Even though it looks even dumber to continue to argue the point and find some straw man argue proving why they're still correct

It is indeed quite pathetic and embarrassing.

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Two different O's with two different demands of the QB and different WR asks as well. Kupp is open every play whereby Deebo excels more at trucking people on the ground then taking a well deserved snap off to catch a breath. Your counting stats don't apply. Imagine comparing a starting pitchers K's to a relief pitcher. The starter has like 180 Ks the reliever like 50. Yet it's a misleading comparison. Better stat is K/9 which accounts for innings pitched. It would be the only sincere comparison.

With that in mind.

JG rating 98.9
MS rating 91.1

Career rating which is an all encompassing look at passer metrics with volume accounted for.

BA was open all damn game vs LA...Jimmy went full simple jack on a handful of plays. You talk about Kupp being open all game, but disregard where a TON of Jimmy's yards came from...yards after the catch. Jimmy lead the league in yards after the catch per completion. Stafford was 11th. Jimmy was 4th worse in AYTS (air yards to the sticks) Stafford was 4th best. Stafford was 3rd in completed air yards per completion. Jimmy 10th (which is actually high for him).

Why are you looking at career QB rating? We're talking about 2021 and Stafford playing for LA not the worst organization in football for a decade.

Stafford rating 102.9
Jimmy rating 98.7

Listen man they're simply different QBs with different skill sets and different ceilings. Is what it is...doesn't make Jimmy junk or anything. Stafford is just better than him and that's okay.

Stafford is better than Jimmy, but what I find interesting is that they needed every bit of that huge production out of him and Kupp to be SB champ.

If Stafford was on the Niners, would've been an easier SB ring for him, by far. He has the talent to create production through the air, and the run game would likely be even better than it has been and he could've leaned on that to guarantee wins if needed. The Rams really don't have the 49ers run game, and hence where I think his turnovers came from.

49ers really are that team. Smart NFL fans know this is the best team in the league if you remove the QB from it.

People talk about the Rams like they were some juggernaut. They aren't/weren't, and will never be.

This is correct. And Trey is going to be better than Stafford, because unlike Stafford (and Jimmy), Trey is not going to be a turnover machine.

EDIT - I'm not saying next year. But before he's done.

Doesn't take a crystal ball to extrapolate from past events. He was careful with the ball in college, his INT% this year is low for a rookie, and he prefer throwing outside, where there is less risk.

.I couldn't find my sardonic glance emoji. So I post this instead.

What part of what I said was not objectively, verifiably true? It's a statistical fact he was careful with the ball in college. It's a statistical fact that the only first round rookie QB with a lower INT% than him is Jones, and it's a statistical fact that he throws more to the outside than dear departed Jimmy. None of this is opinion. It's all objective, incontrovertible truth.

Right, but it doesn't fit his crusade to, somehow (on a fan site, no less), preserve Jimmy's tenure as a Niner for at least one more year. Not sure if it's pure Jimmy love, or if there's some Trey hate sprinkled in, but there's no denying that this dude is on a mission. An embarrassingly futile mission, but a mission nonetheless. And, to be clear: when I say "embarrassingly futile," I mean like watching an adult in an astronaut costume wedging himself into the coin-operated rocked ride in front of a supermarket, expecting to fly to space.

Ouch lol

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

Put the spoon down, its been fed enough.
  • thl408

Why wouldn't I?

Ohh that's actually better than what I thought it was. I thought it was something about Jimmy (#10 jersey).

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

You're killing it today.

You're glistening... Soft... chocolate lips...

Why wouldn't I?

Since he is HC and a very good OC.. that would make a very good HC

u mean just like Martz, and Norv, and June Jones??
no, BW esque is more like it

My KS offseason wishlist:

1. Preach player safety no running Deebo or Trey through the entire D.
2. Cut the punter. We save a roster spot and have an extra down on every NFL team.
3. Add a receiver with blow the door off the hinges speed.
4. Grow a set and call plays like you are trying to win don't "protect" the lead expand it
Originally posted by 4ML:

You don't let go of really coaches. There are very very few of them out there. I think Kyle is a great coach. If I am Jed - I am letting Kyle coach as long as he wants to coach this team.

There is no chance that Lance turns into Trubisky but if he does - that's on him more than anything - and this is coming from a guy who wanted Lance over everyone in the draft.

I'm curious. At the time it seemed most wanted Fields. There were some holding out hope for Wilson.. the anri-Mac crowd was loud, but he had some supporters. There were some on the Lance bandwagon if not Fields (that was me) and some who were Lance outright. Why did you prefer him?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 4ML:

You don't let go of really coaches. There are very very few of them out there. I think Kyle is a great coach. If I am Jed - I am letting Kyle coach as long as he wants to coach this team.

There is no chance that Lance turns into Trubisky but if he does - that's on him more than anything - and this is coming from a guy who wanted Lance over everyone in the draft.

I'm curious. At the time it seemed most wanted Fields. There were some holding out hope for Wilson.. the anri-Mac crowd was loud, but he had some supporters. There were some on the Lance bandwagon if not Fields (that was me) and some who were Lance outright. Why did you prefer him?

personally, I did not want to move up... and when we did, my first choice was JaMarr Chase..

Over and over, I posted that both Lance and Justin should stay in school for another year.. Especially Lance since he's played less than 25 games..

.. When I came to realization that we are going to draft a QB, my 1st choice was Fields because I saw the guy more so he was good.

As for Lance, the fact that he had played less than 25 games scared me, it reminded me of how the below QBs were once HYPED UP too soon to early...

Tommy Maddox
Mark Sanchez
Christian Hackenberg
Mitch Trubisky

... but Lance was the choice, so I will support him until I see NO HOPE..

Why wouldn't I?

Since he is HC and a very good OC.. that would make a very good HC

u mean just like Martz, and Norv, and June Jones??
no, BW esque is more like it

he's closer to being as good as Walsh when it comes to play design, but that's where it ENDS..

the guy can't game plan for crap... he's game plan consist of plays he likes no matter who the opponent is..
Share 49ersWebzone