Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Easier said than done... will the KS10 followers ever point to the HC if Lance becomes the next Trubisky?

Sure because we haven't decided in our head exactly how good a coach Shanny is.

Will you give him credit if Lance develops or will it all be due to Lance himself?

Why wouldn't I?

I feel that KS10 sees Lance as another Mahomes, why, I don't know... I hope it's not because he was able to roll to the left and throw a 60 yarder .. but if he becomes a very good QB, then credit must be given to whom it may deserve.

It will also be a moment for YOU to agree that KS10 is nothing more than a very good OC instead of a " GREAT HC " if he ends up throwing playoff parties at home year in and year out. ..

Okay I have to ask, why is he KS10? What is the 10 for?

10 was the points that both KC and LA spotted KS before he went clueless..
clueless?

how? and please give a real answer

DID you not watch both games I mentioned?

Due to his inability to game plan around the weaknesses of his opponents, he ended up calling plays that lead to all of us here watching KC & LA celebrate.
Easier said than done... will the KS10 followers ever point to the HC if Lance becomes the next Trubisky?

Will you give him credit if Lance develops or will it all be due to Lance himself?

Why wouldn't I?

I feel that KS10 sees Lance as another Mahomes, why, I don't know... I hope it's not because he was able to roll to the left and throw a 60 yarder .. but if he becomes a very good QB, then credit must be given to whom it may deserve.

It will also be a moment for YOU to agree that KS10 is nothing more than a very good OC instead of a " GREAT HC " if he ends up throwing playoff parties at home year in and year out. ..

clueless?

Due to his inability to game plan around the weaknesses of his opponents, he ended up calling plays that lead to all of us here watching KC & LA celebrate.
i did watch the games and i also watched breakdowns of many open options that took advantage of the weaknesses. which can be found here on the zone.

You saying whatever is not suffice. please provide the data/stills/clips of your claim..

Why wouldn't I?

Since he is HC and a very good OC.. that would make a very good HC

u mean just like Martz, and Norv, and June Jones??
no, BW esque is more like it

he's closer to being as good as Walsh when it comes to play design, but that's where it ENDS..

the guy can't game plan for crap... he's game plan consist of plays he likes no matter who the opponent is..
How about you go into one of the film threads.. you can learn a lot.

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

i did watch the games and i also watched breakdowns of many open options that took advantage of the weaknesses. which can be found here on the zone.

You saying whatever is not suffice. please provide the data/stills/clips of your claim..

NO need... It ain't gonna bring us back the win..

Watch the NFCCG alone, our RBs should have been used MORE coming out of the back field because their LBs could not hang w/them.. our OL was actually pretty good (aside from towards the end for the 4th), and screens to the RBs should have also been called..

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

Watch the NFCCG alone, our RBs should have been used MORE coming out of the back field because their LBs could not hang w/them.. our OL was actually pretty good (aside from towards the end for the 4th), and screens to the RBs should have also been called..
no need, cause you can't back up what you just said.

since you can't back up what you said, now you are bringing in RBs out of the back field.. like that is supposed to mean something. Remember there are already options open all over the field.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
My KS offseason wishlist:

1. Preach player safety no running Deebo or Trey through the entire D.
2. Cut the punter. We save a roster spot and have an extra down on every NFL team.
3. Add a receiver with blow the door off the hinges speed.
4. Grow a set and call plays like you are trying to win don't "protect" the lead expand it

What the….. WHAT?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

Kyle will be fine. He's still learning. Bill Walsh was still a position coach at Kyles current age.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

Kyle will be fine. He's still learning. Bill Walsh was still a position coach at Kyles current age.

To be fair, he did dial up a play that should have been check mate for Super Bowl LIV. Is it his fault that Jimmy G didn't go to Disneyworld?
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

To be fair, he did dial up a play that should have been check mate for Super Bowl LIV. Is it his fault that Jimmy G didn't go to Disneyworld?

Nope. Just like it wasn't Andy Reid's fault (McNabb) that he couldn't get over the hump until he found a QB to help him get over it.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

Agree. And while I'm a big huge Jimmy G. Fan. I have to realize that Kyle spent 3 first rounders on Trey. I didn't like the decision at first, but once I saw Trey play in the AZ and Texas game, I can now see what Kyle sees in Trey.

Kyle basically got a (in my opinion) a QB with a Matt Stafford-like arm and possibly a ceiling in the neighborhood of Brett Farve/Aaron Rogers. Give Trey at least 3+ years in Kyles offense and a decent OLine, and oh boy! Kyle will look like the 2nd comming of Bill Walsh!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

Nope. Just like it wasn't Andy Reid's fault (McNabb) that he couldn't get over the hump until he found a QB to help him get over it.

Well all I can say is Kyle didn't stick with Jimmy for 10 years the way Fat Andy stuck with Donovan McNabb for 10 years. Kyle did have the balls to spend 3 first rounders on a QB with a ton more physical talent than Jimmy. We shall see if the gamble pays off. I'm hoping it does. We've been stuck at 5 super bowls it seems like forever.

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

Well all I can say is Kyle didn't stick with Jimmy for 10 years the way Fat Andy stuck with Donovan McNabb for 10 years. Kyle did have the balls to spend 3 first rounders on a QB with a ton more physical talent than Jimmy. We shall see if the gamble pays off. I'm hoping it does. We've been stuck at 5 super bowls it seems like forever.

Absolutely on point!

TL could be that QB to get Shanny over the hump (hoping)
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

Absolutely on point!

TL could be that QB to get Shanny over the hump (hoping)

I think its a good hope.

Trey was doing Jimmy-esque stuff in his 2nd NFL start. (That slant pass to Aiyuk ). Trey is a definite phenom. Add in Kyle and his ability to get day 3 running back gems, and day 3 reciever gems, and you just might have an unstoppable combination there.

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

no need, cause you can't back up what you just said.

since you can't back up what you said, now you are bringing in RBs out of the back field.. like that is supposed to mean something. Remember there are already options open all over the field.

HOW much back up do YOU need??

did you not celebrate the fact that we ALMOST won both games ??
My coach
Share 49ersWebzone