+1
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by 49erfoeva:
My coach

+1

+2
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I need a "I love my coach" from Hysterikal.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Easier said than done... will the KS10 followers ever point to the HC if Lance becomes the next Trubisky?

Sure because we haven't decided in our head exactly how good a coach Shanny is.

Will you give him credit if Lance develops or will it all be due to Lance himself?

Why wouldn't I?

I feel that KS10 sees Lance as another Mahomes, why, I don't know... I hope it's not because he was able to roll to the left and throw a 60 yarder .. but if he becomes a very good QB, then credit must be given to whom it may deserve.

It will also be a moment for YOU to agree that KS10 is nothing more than a very good OC instead of a " GREAT HC " if he ends up throwing playoff parties at home year in and year out. ..

Okay I have to ask, why is he KS10? What is the 10 for?

10 was the points that both KC and LA spotted KS before he went clueless..
clueless?

how? and please give a real answer

DID you not watch both games I mentioned?

Due to his inability to game plan around the weaknesses of his opponents, he ended up calling plays that lead to all of us here watching KC & LA celebrate.
i did watch the games and i also watched breakdowns of many open options that took advantage of the weaknesses. which can be found here on the zone.

You saying whatever is not suffice. please provide the data/stills/clips of your claim..

NO need... It ain't gonna bring us back the win..

Watch the NFCCG alone, our RBs should have been used MORE coming out of the back field because their LBs could not hang w/them.. our OL was actually pretty good (aside from towards the end for the 4th), and screens to the RBs should have also been called..
no need, cause you can't back up what you just said.

since you can't back up what you said, now you are bringing in RBs out of the back field.. like that is supposed to mean something. Remember there are already options open all over the field.

HOW much back up do YOU need??

did you not celebrate the fact that we ALMOST won both games ??

Did you not see all the wide open WRs/TEs? Shanahan isn't why we lost.
Kyle gets too cute!?

What does this even mean? This isn't remember the Titans where there's only a handful of plays in the playbook. Kyle runs a complicated system. So unless you want a dumbed down elementary offense we can eliminate that as being too cute.

Okay so what else? We have these very impressive uniquely drawn up runs and/or passes. Deebo running out of the backfield, end arounds with wrs/tes, direct snap to Juice, T. Williams lining up at FB etc, etc... These plays are celebrated when they work. When they get stuffed it's too cute. When we are on 4th and short and we kick Kyle is not aggressive enough. When we run the ball 20 times in the 2nd half Kyle isn't aggressive enough. When we go for it on 4th and short Kyle is getting too cute and doesn't know how to manage the game. When we pass the ball with a lead late, Kyle is getting too cute and doesn't know how to manage the game.

It seems to me no matter what decision Kyle makes he's going to get flack. It seems the unfair criticism by some fans is inevitable. With hindsight and a clear vendetta they can shift the narrative to whatever looks bad for Kyle. Many of these people went the not taking Mac Jones is a big mistake route. Some are saying because he didn't start Trey Lance soon enough he's a buffoon. One counter point leans on the whole Jeff Garcia, Joe Montana controversies. The argument from a lot of people was that these are NFL players and their opinions should have more weight than everyone else.

Well with that same logic, Mac Jones didn't have the physical tools to be worth a Top 5 pick according to most if not all NFL pundits including former players. Also I think hands down NFL players current and former, pundits and fans would all say Kyle is in the top 10 if not top 5 in the league. If there was a coaching draft today. He would be picked in the top 3. Andy and Bellicheck may have better resumes but they are older.

Long winded way of saying appreciate what we got because it could always be much worse.
I love my coach
Kyle gets too cute. Example. Mitchel up the gut on 3rd and 1. Juice on 4th amd 2 in the nfc championship game when you have deebo and kittle.

Mcvay 4th and 2 in the superbowl. Throw to kupp.

/discussion.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Feb 18, 2022 at 7:02 AM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Kyle gets too cute. Example. Mitchel up the gut on 3rd and 1. Juice on 4th amd 2 in the nfc championship game when you have deebo and kittle.

/discussion.
What's the use of throwing, when the QB is not going to throw it to guys wide open ?

/discussion.
What's the use of throwing, when the QB is not going to throw it to guys wide open ?

Jimmy's bread and butter is 3rd down when they have to be made. Kyle is so great? Scheme your guy open. Bs excuse.

/discussion.

Jimmy's bread and butter is 3rd down when they have to be made. Kyle is so great? Scheme your guy open. Bs excuse.

Lol

Easier said than done... will the KS10 followers ever point to the HC if Lance becomes the next Trubisky?

Will you give him credit if Lance develops or will it all be due to Lance himself?

Why wouldn't I?

I feel that KS10 sees Lance as another Mahomes, why, I don't know... I hope it's not because he was able to roll to the left and throw a 60 yarder .. but if he becomes a very good QB, then credit must be given to whom it may deserve.

It will also be a moment for YOU to agree that KS10 is nothing more than a very good OC instead of a " GREAT HC " if he ends up throwing playoff parties at home year in and year out. ..

clueless?

DID you not watch both games I mentioned?

Due to his inability to game plan around the weaknesses of his opponents, he ended up calling plays that lead to all of us here watching KC & LA celebrate.
i did watch the games and i also watched breakdowns of many open options that took advantage of the weaknesses. which can be found here on the zone.

You saying whatever is not suffice. please provide the data/stills/clips of your claim..

NO need... It ain't gonna bring us back the win..

Watch the NFCCG alone, our RBs should have been used MORE coming out of the back field because their LBs could not hang w/them.. our OL was actually pretty good (aside from towards the end for the 4th), and screens to the RBs should have also been called..
no need, cause you can't back up what you just said.

since you can't back up what you said, now you are bringing in RBs out of the back field.. like that is supposed to mean something. Remember there are already options open all over the field.

HOW much back up do YOU need??

did you not celebrate the fact that we ALMOST won both games ??
how much? i will take any evidence you can provide.. lol

this question "did you not celebrate the fact that we ALMOST won both games ??" is not evidence to anything you are claiming. if you want to talk football then you got to talk or walk the walk like most do or try to do.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
I already point to the head coach for not drafting Mahomes (which I complain about frequently) and not trading up to get Josh Allen (would have cost less than the Bills most likely).
Josh Allen looked like trash for two seasons and up until last season, fans were wanting to get rid of him. Also, even Tyreek Hill thought Mahomes looked like trash in his first camp. No one knew. Buffalo and KC were reaching for straws.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Switch coaches in the championship game and 9ers lose by double digits. Switch qbs and they win by double.

Guys we're schemed open all game long.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

You're killing it today.

You're glistening... Soft... chocolate lips...

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Two different O's with two different demands of the QB and different WR asks as well. Kupp is open every play whereby Deebo excels more at trucking people on the ground then taking a well deserved snap off to catch a breath. Your counting stats don't apply. Imagine comparing a starting pitchers K's to a relief pitcher. The starter has like 180 Ks the reliever like 50. Yet it's a misleading comparison. Better stat is K/9 which accounts for innings pitched. It would be the only sincere comparison.

With that in mind.

JG rating 98.9
MS rating 91.1

Career rating which is an all encompassing look at passer metrics with volume accounted for.

BA was open all damn game vs LA...Jimmy went full simple jack on a handful of plays. You talk about Kupp being open all game, but disregard where a TON of Jimmy's yards came from...yards after the catch. Jimmy lead the league in yards after the catch per completion. Stafford was 11th. Jimmy was 4th worse in AYTS (air yards to the sticks) Stafford was 4th best. Stafford was 3rd in completed air yards per completion. Jimmy 10th (which is actually high for him).

Why are you looking at career QB rating? We're talking about 2021 and Stafford playing for LA not the worst organization in football for a decade.

Stafford rating 102.9
Jimmy rating 98.7

Listen man they're simply different QBs with different skill sets and different ceilings. Is what it is...doesn't make Jimmy junk or anything. Stafford is just better than him and that's okay.

Stafford is better than Jimmy, but what I find interesting is that they needed every bit of that huge production out of him and Kupp to be SB champ.

If Stafford was on the Niners, would've been an easier SB ring for him, by far. He has the talent to create production through the air, and the run game would likely be even better than it has been and he could've leaned on that to guarantee wins if needed. The Rams really don't have the 49ers run game, and hence where I think his turnovers came from.

49ers really are that team. Smart NFL fans know this is the best team in the league if you remove the QB from it.

People talk about the Rams like they were some juggernaut. They aren't/weren't, and will never be.

This is correct. And Trey is going to be better than Stafford, because unlike Stafford (and Jimmy), Trey is not going to be a turnover machine.

EDIT - I'm not saying next year. But before he's done.

Doesn't take a crystal ball to extrapolate from past events. He was careful with the ball in college, his INT% this year is low for a rookie, and he prefer throwing outside, where there is less risk.

.I couldn't find my sardonic glance emoji. So I post this instead.

What part of what I said was not objectively, verifiably true? It's a statistical fact he was careful with the ball in college. It's a statistical fact that the only first round rookie QB with a lower INT% than him is Jones, and it's a statistical fact that he throws more to the outside than dear departed Jimmy. None of this is opinion. It's all objective, incontrovertible truth.

Right, but it doesn't fit his crusade to, somehow (on a fan site, no less), preserve Jimmy's tenure as a Niner for at least one more year. Not sure if it's pure Jimmy love, or if there's some Trey hate sprinkled in, but there's no denying that this dude is on a mission. An embarrassingly futile mission, but a mission nonetheless. And, to be clear: when I say "embarrassingly futile," I mean like watching an adult in an astronaut costume wedging himself into the coin-operated rocked ride in front of a supermarket, expecting to fly to space.

Ouch lol

Share 49ersWebzone