There are 130 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Antix:
Hard for me to blame Kyle when everytime we lose a big game theres plays to be made and our players f**k them up.

All Tartt had to do is catch the easiest interception of his whole life and that game is prob over. All we have to do is get off the field on a 3rd and 15 and the game is prob over. And then all Jimmy has to do is hit a wide open Sanders (kyle called the play) to at least give us a chance to defend to win a SB.

In all of our playoff games we're the better team for the majority of the game. We've never been outcoached. We just let the other team off the hook over and over again because we won't execute that one play we need to be champions.

Exactly. Nice post, I concur

Agreed, I like this post.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Easier said than done... will the KS10 followers ever point to the HC if Lance becomes the next Trubisky?

Sure because we haven't decided in our head exactly how good a coach Shanny is.

Will you give him credit if Lance develops or will it all be due to Lance himself?

Why wouldn't I?

I feel that KS10 sees Lance as another Mahomes, why, I don't know... I hope it's not because he was able to roll to the left and throw a 60 yarder .. but if he becomes a very good QB, then credit must be given to whom it may deserve.

It will also be a moment for YOU to agree that KS10 is nothing more than a very good OC instead of a " GREAT HC " if he ends up throwing playoff parties at home year in and year out. ..

Okay I have to ask, why is he KS10? What is the 10 for?

10 was the points that both KC and LA spotted KS before he went clueless..
clueless?

how? and please give a real answer

DID you not watch both games I mentioned?

Due to his inability to game plan around the weaknesses of his opponents, he ended up calling plays that lead to all of us here watching KC & LA celebrate.
i did watch the games and i also watched breakdowns of many open options that took advantage of the weaknesses. which can be found here on the zone.

You saying whatever is not suffice. please provide the data/stills/clips of your claim..

NO need... It ain't gonna bring us back the win..

Watch the NFCCG alone, our RBs should have been used MORE coming out of the back field because their LBs could not hang w/them.. our OL was actually pretty good (aside from towards the end for the 4th), and screens to the RBs should have also been called..
no need, cause you can't back up what you just said.

since you can't back up what you said, now you are bringing in RBs out of the back field.. like that is supposed to mean something. Remember there are already options open all over the field.

HOW much back up do YOU need??

did you not celebrate the fact that we ALMOST won both games ??
how much? i will take any evidence you can provide.. lol

this question "did you not celebrate the fact that we ALMOST won both games ??" is not evidence to anything you are claiming. if you want to talk football then you got to talk or walk the walk like most do or try to do.

did KS10 not invite you to his Super Bowl party at home ??

he threw a great party I heard.. even Pettis was there !!
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Jimmy's bread and butter is 3rd down when they have to be made. Kyle is so great? Scheme your guy open. Bs excuse.

Switch coaches in the championship game and 9ers lose by double digits. Switch qbs and they win by double.

Guys we're schemed open all game long.

WHY didn't KS10 put in Trey since Grappy was that terrible?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Easier said than done... will the KS10 followers ever point to the HC if Lance becomes the next Trubisky?

You don't let go of really coaches. There are very very few of them out there. I think Kyle is a great coach. If I am Jed - I am letting Kyle coach as long as he wants to coach this team.

There is no chance that Lance turns into Trubisky but if he does - that's on him more than anything - and this is coming from a guy who wanted Lance over everyone in the draft.

I'm curious. At the time it seemed most wanted Fields. There were some holding out hope for Wilson.. the anri-Mac crowd was loud, but he had some supporters. There were some on the Lance bandwagon if not Fields (that was me) and some who were Lance outright. Why did you prefer him?

personally, I did not want to move up... and when we did, my first choice was JaMarr Chase..

Over and over, I posted that both Lance and Justin should stay in school for another year.. Especially Lance since he's played less than 25 games..

.. When I came to realization that we are going to draft a QB, my 1st choice was Fields because I saw the guy more so he was good.

As for Lance, the fact that he had played less than 25 games scared me, it reminded me of how the below QBs were once HYPED UP too soon to early...

Tommy Maddox
Mark Sanchez
Christian Hackenberg
Mitch Trubisky

... but Lance was the choice, so I will support him until I see NO HOPE..

I was on board with beefing up the Oline and riding with Jimmy. While I think that may have worked, it exposes Jimmy's weakness. As a QB, you have to make plays when a play isn't there. Or when a defense is playing great, you have to play greater. So while I thought they had jumped the gun on a trade I was happy at the idea of getting a player like Justin Fields for this offense.

We took Trey instead and I understand why. I'm glad they got their QB last year as opposed to waiting for this year. The team had the opportunity to maximize value for Jimmy in a way they couldn't have after the 2020 season (his lowest point in terms of value). Trey has the talent but apparently is a film junkie, which is what we will need. I'm with the QB Kyle signed off on and I don't see this failing. Will he become an all time great? Who knows. But we aren't sinking to some sub 500 team either.

as a fan, you've gots to be BELIEVE !!!

I don't see anything wrong w/that...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Fasteddy:
Jimmy's bread and butter is 3rd down when they have to be made. Kyle is so great? Scheme your guy open. Bs excuse.

Switch coaches in the championship game and 9ers lose by double digits. Switch qbs and they win by double.

Pretty much this.

Same - significant number of plays where players were open. Excited for next year!

We can't be sure Trey will see them either. He's very inexperienced.

Trey's mobility can make up the difference in experience. Also, Kyle is a master play designer, and he can use Trey's mobility like a play action pass to open up the defensive coverages. Also keep in mind if the defense doesn't play attention to Mitchell and Deebo Trey can and will burn them with his athleticism.

Will you give him credit if Lance develops or will it all be due to Lance himself?

Why wouldn't I?

I feel that KS10 sees Lance as another Mahomes, why, I don't know... I hope it's not because he was able to roll to the left and throw a 60 yarder .. but if he becomes a very good QB, then credit must be given to whom it may deserve.

It will also be a moment for YOU to agree that KS10 is nothing more than a very good OC instead of a " GREAT HC " if he ends up throwing playoff parties at home year in and year out. ..

clueless?

Due to his inability to game plan around the weaknesses of his opponents, he ended up calling plays that lead to all of us here watching KC & LA celebrate.
i did watch the games and i also watched breakdowns of many open options that took advantage of the weaknesses. which can be found here on the zone.

You saying whatever is not suffice. please provide the data/stills/clips of your claim..

Watch the NFCCG alone, our RBs should have been used MORE coming out of the back field because their LBs could not hang w/them.. our OL was actually pretty good (aside from towards the end for the 4th), and screens to the RBs should have also been called..

since you can't back up what you said, now you are bringing in RBs out of the back field.. like that is supposed to mean something. Remember there are already options open all over the field.

this question "did you not celebrate the fact that we ALMOST won both games ??" is not evidence to anything you are claiming. if you want to talk football then you got to talk or walk the walk like most do or try to do.

I'm still waiting on a real answer or any proof from you
Great coach but the owners need to open up the pocket books and be aggressive tbh Jimmy G was and is the weakest link on the team. Need corners as well 🙏
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Great coach but the owners need to open up the pocket books and be aggressive tbh Jimmy G was and is the weakest link on the team. Need corners as well 🙏

Originally posted by Giedi:

Pretty much this.

Same - significant number of plays where players were open. Excited for next year!

Trey's mobility can make up the difference in experience. Also, Kyle is a master play designer, and he can use Trey's mobility like a play action pass to open up the defensive coverages. Also keep in mind if the defense doesn't play attention to Mitchell and Deebo Trey can and will burn them with his athleticism.

Quite true. We saw this in the Texans game.

Although he surely saw Kittle on the slant but hesitated. He needs to beat that s**t down, because it kills him in the run game too.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
My KS offseason wishlist:

1. Preach player safety no running Deebo or Trey through the entire D.
2. Cut the punter. We save a roster spot and have an extra down on every NFL team.
3. Add a receiver with blow the door off the hinges speed.
4. Grow a set and call plays like you are trying to win don't "protect" the lead expand it

It'll be Interesting to see what type of adjustments Kyle makes next season since I think teams will focus on stopping Deebo from running the ball as much, kinda like the Rams did In the championship game

It seems like Deebo at RB is going to continue to be a thing, but I'm hoping/expecting it's not the focal point of the offense. I think it turned out that way this season because our two primary RB's were him and Elijah Mitchell... and Deebo had more big-play potential than Mitchell... so he got more runs than we would've liked.

If Mostert comes back (for cheap), or another RB emerges who can really threaten a defense on the outside zone plays... I think/hope we'll use Deebo more efficiently at RB.
I hope Deebo at RB is used more as a decoy. It should open up huge passing plays for us similar to when Deebo threw the TD. Defenses are so dialed into the run game, that 15+ yard passes are there to be taken.

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

What salary cap?

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Pretty much this.

Quite true. We saw this in the Texans game.

Although he surely saw Kittle on the slant but hesitated. He needs to beat that s**t down, because it kills him in the run game too.

Trey just needs more reps to where those passes are unconscious, like the 4th down pass play in rams' game where Jimmy passed to Deebo for a TD. I don't think it will take an entire year for Trey to get acclimated to the speed of the NFL. He's almost all there, after the 2nd half of the Texas game. He'll just need to learn from his mistakes and growing pains during the 2022 season. If I'm designing the passing game for Trey in 2022, I'd put in a lot of hot reads to the TE's to anticipate the blitz, and really boost the run game possibly by adding another day 3 RB speedster in the draft, if they can't sign Mostert. I think a good run game will help Trey be consistent in the passing game.

Why wouldn't I?

clueless?

I'm still waiting on a real answer or any proof from you

I just gave it to you... he HOSTED a Super Bowl party.. did you not cater it ?
I just gave it to you... he HOSTED a Super Bowl party.. did you not cater it ?

9 you need to get laid dude
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Hard for me to blame Kyle when everytime we lose a big game theres plays to be made and our players f**k them up.

All Tartt had to do is catch the easiest interception of his whole life and that game is prob over. All we have to do is get off the field on a 3rd and 15 and the game is prob over. And then all Jimmy has to do is hit a wide open Sanders (kyle called the play) to at least give us a chance to defend to win a SB.

In all of our playoff games we're the better team for the majority of the game. We've never been outcoached. We just let the other team off the hook over and over again because we won't execute that one play we need to be champions.

Facts
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Facts

Truth.
Share 49ersWebzone