There are 140 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

I will say again the list of coaches that I would take over Kyle is incredibly short. Maybe two names. We are so lucky not to be the bears or Texans now.
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
I just gave it to you... he HOSTED a Super Bowl party.. did you not cater it ?

Man I am glad Kyle is our HC. f**k what 9moon says.

i think hes trolling honestly he was maybe the only person to say Bosa wasnt worth the #2 pick and last year he was saying how Deebo isnta good WR he was even saying that halfway through this past season

i think he just wants engagement

yeah, I was also trolling the time I said that Harbaugh did not sign an extension because it was going to be his last year with us..

I was also trolling the time I said Devin White would be a good pick and would take Jamarr Chase and some PK name McPherson..

Deebo had a great year, everyone saw that, and if we aren't going to give him the money he may be asking for, then it woulda been wise to trade him to get several picks including a 1st rounder..

Says the guy who thinks we should have signed Drew Brees a year after drafting a number one pick QB. And don't think we just so easily forget you calling our star player Deevah for all these years. A name so ill-fitting it's comically bad, like calling a big guy "Tiny". Your hot takes are hot trash and more representative of a broken clock that's right twice a day and wrong the other 1438 minutes.

ahhhhh... just another fan who celebrated for ALMOST beating the Rams in the NFCCG.. Did you enjoy watching the Super Bowl ??
ahhhhh... just another fan who celebrated for ALMOST beating the Rams in the NFCCG.. Did you enjoy watching the Super Bowl ??

Not going to ask again.
Originally posted by Second2Nunley:
I will say again the list of coaches that I would take over Kyle is incredibly short. Maybe two names. We are so lucky not to be the bears or Texans now.

People forget what it's like to have s**t tier coaches. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can't do it.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

People forget what it's like to have s**t tier coaches. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can't do it.

What's funny is Niners were just there. Harbaugh was the outlier but we've been a revolving door of bad coaches since Mooch left. Shannan is a blessing, he'll get the Niners their next Championship.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:

What's funny is Niners were just there. Harbaugh was the outlier but we've been a revolving door of bad coaches since Mooch left. Shannan is a blessing, he'll get the Niners their next Championship.

Yup, agree. He's been to the super bowl twice (almost 3 times) now in his 6+ years as a coach, quite an accomplishment. Add in the fact that it took him just 3 years to go from a team with no talent to a team 10 minutes from a Lombardi win. This team isn't that far off (talentwise) from another super bowl run if you just look at the 2021 season results. If Kyle can develop Trey, and I have no reason to think he *can't,* this team will have a huge advantage over the rest of the NFC for the next decade. I see the AZ and the Texas game as his baseline floor of his play. Conversely don't see his ceiling yet in terms of how much better he can get. Maybe his ceiling is at the Pat Mahomes level, I don't know, but I don't think we've seen the best play out of Trey yet.
Ultimate strategy. Kyle should draft a QB in the 3rd round of every draft. Plan, design, and call his best games to let that rookie QB start 2 games for us each year so he looks sensational. Then trade him for a 2nd rounder. Nick Foles strategy.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Ultimate strategy. Kyle should draft a QB in the 3rd round of every draft. Plan, design, and call his best games to let that rookie QB start 2 games for us each year so he looks sensational. Then trade him for a 2nd rounder. Nick Foles strategy.

Good way to win the Draft every year. But I think the goal is too win football games.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Good way to win the Draft every year. But I think the goal is too win football games.

Walsh was able to get some good draft picks developing and then later trading some backup QBs behind Joe. BeatHard and Mullens are still employed. If either one was a bit more talented, they'd probably generate a day 3 pick. Keep in mind Michell and DJ Jones were day 3 picks.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Walsh was able to get some good draft picks developing and then later trading some backup QBs behind Joe. BeatHard and Mullens are still employed. If either one was a bit more talented, they'd probably generate a day 3 pick. Keep in mind Michell and DJ Jones were day 3 picks.

I think 3rd rounder would not be a good idea since we want to build up the D even more now that a young Baby Face Lance will be our QB..

Lets go w/the 5th and 6th rounders... Aqeel Glass would be a good project ...

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

I think 3rd rounder would not be a good idea since we want to build up the D even more now that a young Baby Face Lance will be our QB..

Lets go w/the 5th and 6th rounders... Aqeel Glass would be a good project ...

Well, I don't see a QB being picked by Kyle this draft cycle. I can see a free agent QB - being signed as a Trey Lance Backup. What I'd like to see is Kyle being able to get a back up free agent QB that he can turn around in two or three years, and trade for a day 3 draft pick.

I WANT WINNERS

i think hes trolling honestly he was maybe the only person to say Bosa wasnt worth the #2 pick and last year he was saying how Deebo isnta good WR he was even saying that halfway through this past season

yeah, I was also trolling the time I said that Harbaugh did not sign an extension because it was going to be his last year with us..

I was also trolling the time I said Devin White would be a good pick and would take Jamarr Chase and some PK name McPherson..

Deebo had a great year, everyone saw that, and if we aren't going to give him the money he may be asking for, then it woulda been wise to trade him to get several picks including a 1st rounder..

Firstly, do you know what Deebo is asking for?

Secondly, if we traded Deebo it'll be the single most dumbest thing Shanny could allow. Extending Deebo and Bosa should be the top priorities on Shanny's off-season plate.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Secondly, if we traded Deebo it'll be the single most dumbest thing Shanny could allow. Extending Deebo and Bosa should be the top priorities on Shanny's off-season plate.

What makes you think they aren't?
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

What makes you think they aren't?

I wasn't meaning to imply that it isn't. I was more responding to the "wise" notion of trading Deebo.
Share 49ersWebzone