49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
I just gave it to you... he HOSTED a Super Bowl party.. did you not cater it ?

Man I am glad Kyle is our HC. f**k what 9moon says.

i think hes trolling honestly he was maybe the only person to say Bosa wasnt worth the #2 pick and last year he was saying how Deebo isnta good WR he was even saying that halfway through this past season

i think he just wants engagement

yeah, I was also trolling the time I said that Harbaugh did not sign an extension because it was going to be his last year with us..

I was also trolling the time I said Devin White would be a good pick and would take Jamarr Chase and some PK name McPherson..

Deebo had a great year, everyone saw that, and if we aren't going to give him the money he may be asking for, then it woulda been wise to trade him to get several picks including a 1st rounder..

Firstly, do you know what Deebo is asking for?

Secondly, if we traded Deebo it'll be the single most dumbest thing Shanny could allow. Extending Deebo and Bosa should be the top priorities on Shanny's off-season plate.

This exactly. Although I would put it on Lynch's plate. Shanny coaches, Lynch runs the roster is my understanding.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

i think hes trolling honestly he was maybe the only person to say Bosa wasnt worth the #2 pick and last year he was saying how Deebo isnta good WR he was even saying that halfway through this past season

yeah, I was also trolling the time I said that Harbaugh did not sign an extension because it was going to be his last year with us..

I was also trolling the time I said Devin White would be a good pick and would take Jamarr Chase and some PK name McPherson..

Deebo had a great year, everyone saw that, and if we aren't going to give him the money he may be asking for, then it woulda been wise to trade him to get several picks including a 1st rounder..

Secondly, if we traded Deebo it'll be the single most dumbest thing Shanny could allow. Extending Deebo and Bosa should be the top priorities on Shanny's off-season plate.

This exactly. Although I would put it on Lynch's plate. Shanny coaches, Lynch runs the roster is my understanding.

HOW much do you think Deebo is worth and will be asking for?

I believe Hopkins getting about 25 a year, if not mistaken? Deebo had an awesome year, it'll be wise for his agent to at least start with 25 a year..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Bosa and Deebo, they are both character guys. Gold Helmet level guys. They will be 49ers for a long time, and I'm pretty sure ShanaLynch will be able to do it. IF they can give an often injured Dee Ford a bizzillion dollars, they can afford to keep Bosa and Deebo. That's almost 50+ percent of your team right there in terms of production. If you have that home run hitter in Deebo and that edge rusher in Bosa, the rest of the team just needs to be solid and above average to get you into the playoffs. Add in a QB like Trey who hopefully develops into an Aaron Rogers type of QB then you don't even need as much talent on both sides of the ball to be playoff bound. It's a great situation for the 49ers.

I believe Hopkins getting about 25 a year, if not mistaken? Deebo had an awesome year, it'll be wise for his agent to at least start with 25 a year..

I thought the usage this year was a little silly. First off it's not sustainable to plow Deebo through the entire D play after play. Second you drive up his market value dramatically. I remember LeVeon Bell running receiver routes he wanted to be paid the combined dollars of a top RB and a top WR. Course he was a bit of a clown and didn't get it, but Deebo is no clown. Deebo can rightly ask for not only top WR money but added money for run game work. That said, the #1 rule in the NFL is when you hit on your draft picks you keep those guys around. We are not some farm team that develops talent for the rest of the NFL. We learned our lesson with Buck. We got cute, declined to pay him, flipped him for Kinlaw. Do you honestly want to flip Deebo for AJ Jenkins or some such?

Edit to say dollars are going up over time. Realize Carr is around a $40 mil price tag per year. This makes JG's $27 look like a bargain. This Deebo deal may break the bank now but soon enough you'll see lesser receivers get even bigger deals it's how it works. With Trey on the rookie deal and JG contract coming off the books it's no time to be cheap.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 23, 2022 at 9:12 AM ]

I thought the usage this year was a little silly. First off it's not sustainable to plow Deebo through the entire D play after play. Second you drive up his market value dramatically. I remember LeVeon Bell running receiver routes he wanted to be paid the combined dollars of a top RB and a top WR. Course he was a bit of a clown and didn't get it, but Deebo is no clown. Deebo can rightly ask for not only top WR money but added money for run game work. That said, the #1 rule in the NFL is when you hit on your draft picks you keep those guys around. We are not some farm team that develops talent for the rest of the NFL. We learned our lesson with Buck. We got cute, declined to pay him, flipped him for Kinlaw. Do you honestly want to flip Deebo for AJ Jenkins or some such?

Edit to say dollars are going up over time. Realize Carr is around a $40 mil price tag per year. This makes JG's $27 look like a bargain. This Deebo deal may break the bank now but soon enough you'll see lesser receivers get even bigger deals it's how it works. With Trey on the rookie deal and JG contract coming off the books it's no time to be cheap.

so to make a long story short, you will give Deebo his 25 if that's what he wants ?

Deebo strikes me as a guy who wants to get paid, but not at the expense of the team. He wants to win. I can see it. They will get it done.

so to make a long story short, you will give Deebo his 25 if that's what he wants ?

Funny how people think Deebo is asking for anything. It's all run by the agents. The players don't want any part of it.

Player to agent here's some money to get me the best deal in the NFL

Agent to player here's the best deal I got you

Thanks...pen to paper
Originally posted by 9ers4u:

Funny how people think Deebo is asking for anything. It's all run by the agents. The players don't want any part of it.

Thanks...pen to paper

Don't read to much into it.. I'm merely asking if the team SHOULD give Deebo 25 a year if he or his agent asks for that much..

Thanks...pen to paper

Don't read to much into it.. I'm merely asking if the team SHOULD give Deebo 25 a year if he or his agent asks for that much..

That's what he's worth, so long as it comes with injury protections for the 49ers. And if not, then a slightly lower salary with more guarantees. But this is what the best WRs in the NFL are making now. That's the market. That's what you have to pay to keep someone like that.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Thanks...pen to paper

That's what he's worth, so long as it comes with injury protections for the 49ers. And if not, then a slightly lower salary with more guarantees. But this is what the best WRs in the NFL are making now. That's the market. That's what you have to pay to keep someone like that.

Yup. Imagine if we let him walk we replace him with some prospect who ends up being Jalen Hurd talent impact wise and Deebo signs with the Rams. Always pay fair market value for your studs on a first contract after rookie deal. No way on Earth you want studs entering their prime balling out somewhere else. I mean is anyone upset we have Fred and Kittle around long term? No they are upset seeing Buck ball out in a Colts uni.

• jcs
  • Veteran

That's what they say publicly but everyone knows this is Kyle's team, he can veto any move and Kyle gets what he wants.
Originally posted by jcs:

That's what they say publicly but everyone knows this is Kyle's team, he can veto any move and Kyle gets what he wants.

I think it's more a healthy collaboration between the two. They both respect one another and listen to the input. A good GM respects his coach and wants to give him tools for his success. Great combo imo I like these guys.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 24, 2022 at 9:58 AM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran

I think it's more a healthy collaboration between the two. They both respect one another and listen to the input. A good GM respects his coach and wants to give him tools for his success. Great combo imo I like these guys.

Kyle has veto power over any Lynch move. Kyle was the prize for Jed and his opinion is the one that matters IMO.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Kyle has veto power over any Lynch move. Kyle was the prize for Jed and his opinion is the one that matters IMO.

Agree it's Kyle's team. Very similar in organization to McVay/Walsh. Key here is for Kyle to be humble enough to listen to the guys he hired to help him evaluate players. Joe Williams, Solomon Thomas, Pettis misfires - is where I think Kyle may not have listened to his brain trust and went off on his own. Still he's done very well to go from bottom feeder team to Super bowl appearance in 3 years. I think he's gotten better drafting since 2019. I think the 2021 draft with Aubry, Huff, and Mitchell (and Trey Lance) was key to the 49ers making the playoffs.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agree it's Kyle's team. Very similar in organization to McVay/Walsh. Key here is for Kyle to be humble enough to listen to the guys he hired to help him evaluate players. Joe Williams, Solomon Thomas, Pettis misfires - is where I think Kyle may not have listened to his brain trust and went off on his own. Still he's done very well to go from bottom feeder team to Super bowl appearance in 3 years. I think he's gotten better drafting since 2019. I think the 2021 draft with Aubry, Huff, and Mitchell (and Trey Lance) was key to the 49ers making the playoffs.

Solomon Thomas my understanding had Lynch written all over it. I mean they are both Stanford guys and actually took a college class together.
Share 49ersWebzone