49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 431 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by evil:
Silly.

Literally everyone in the league has passed over greatness at some point. Nobody ever gets the benefit of hindsight on draft day and it's a known fact there is no science and no proven winning formula to drafting a FQB.

1. To some extent, that Is true. The problem is/was, the 9ers was In need of a QB back then and choose to Ignore It. I actually remember reading an article about how Lynch wanted Kyle to take another look at Mahomes but Kyle ignored it. Either way, let's hope Lance makes us forget about what we previously missed out on.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Silly.

Literally everyone in the league has passed over greatness at some point. Nobody ever gets the benefit of hindsight on draft day and it's a known fact there is no science and no proven winning formula to drafting a FQB.

1. To some extent, that Is true. The problem is/was, the 9ers was In need of a QB back then and choose to Ignore It. I actually remember reading an article about how Lynch wanted Kyle to take another look at Mahomes but Kyle ignored it. Either way, let's hope Lance makes us forget about what we previously missed out on.
Kyle didn't ignore it, he had other plans. So he got his placeholder and back up
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Silly.

Kyle didn't ignore it, he had other plans. So he got his placeholder and back up

What plans? We we're stuck with Mr injury prone for 5 years, until he eventually realised he needed an upgrade.
Silly.

JUST like the other coaches, KS10 IGNORED Mahomes...

the fact that he drafted CJ in the 3rd was enough evidence that he saw something MORE in CJ that made him to not want Mahomes.. why is it so hard for KS10 supporters to admit that?

He had every rights to draft any QB he wanted, and while nothing's wrong w/that... he just turned out to be WRONG..

I blame him MORE for not wanting to trade for TB12, and that's ONLY because he knew that TB would get 75% of the credits had we gone and won a Super Bowl w/him..
Silly.

You don't build a team by getting the QB first. That's how you get young QBs to turn into busts. The team was built the right way.
Silly.

What plans? We we're stuck with Mr injury prone for 5 years, until he eventually realised he needed an upgrade.
His plan was to get Kirk Cousins.. this has been known for awhile

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/3/23/17156802/kyle-shanahan-really-wanted-kirk-cousins-minnesota-vikings-san-francisco-49ers
Originally posted by 9moon:
Silly.

JUST like the other coaches, KS10 IGNORED Mahomes...

the fact that he drafted CJ in the 3rd was enough evidence that he saw something MORE in CJ that made him to not want Mahomes.. why is it so hard for KS10 supporters to admit that?

He had every rights to draft any QB he wanted, and while nothing's wrong w/that... he just turned out to be WRONG..

I blame him MORE for not wanting to trade for TB12, and that's ONLY because he knew that TB would get 75% of the credits had we gone and won a Super Bowl w/him..
that is incorrect
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
You don't build a team by getting the QB first. That's how you get young QBs to turn into busts. The team was built the right way.

Disagree with that. You're get the QB, then build around him. Playing the young QB too early is what gets him killed. You don't pass on talents like Mahomes or Watson, unless you are unsure about them and are content with what you already have, which the 9ers wasn't. That's why we drafted C.J

Disagree with that. You're get the QB, then build around him. Playing the young QB too early is what gets him killed. You don't pass on talents like Mahomes or Watson, unless you are unsure about them and are content with what you already have, which the 9ers wasn't. That's why we drafted C.J
CJ wasn't going to be the starter nor planned to be

You can disagree with it, but there's plenty of proof that says otherwise.

And CJ wasn't drafted to be the future QB.

Kyle envisioned he'd be the next cousins, at least that's what he talked about after drafting him. You don't really draft a QB that early, unless you think he has starting potential.

Kyle envisioned he'd be the next cousins, at least that's what he talked about after drafting him. You don't really draft a QB that early, unless you think he has starting potential.
i just gave you the link earlier. Kyle's plan was to get Kirk all along. CJ was just a back up. Kyle's plan was looking like a long shot and they traded for Jimmy

You can disagree with it, but there's plenty of proof that says otherwise.

And CJ wasn't drafted to be the future QB.

There's also proof to prove that that's not always the case. As I previously mentioned, It's all about protecting you're Investment ( which most teams don't ) . As for CJ, he was drafted In round 3, after the 9ers had moved up afew slots to get him. You don't do that unless you believe he has potential to be good.

i just gave you the link earlier. Kyle's plan was to get Kirk all along. CJ was just a back up. Kyle's plan was looking like a long shot and they traded for Jimmy

Yes, I'm aware of that. I never said that CJ was gonna be the man to begin with. He was drafted so we could hopefully develop him.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I never said that CJ was gonna be the man to begin with. He was drafted so we could hopefully develop him.
Share 49ersWebzone