49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 246 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Dude had about a week off and instantly had to hire and train a new coaching staff. Now FA, draft and OTA's.

I hope he gets some help this year by Lynn and others and the FO..

The man can only do so much.

Kyle's father can step in any time, if needed. Having said that, yeah, this offseason was complicated by all the coaching changes - but keep in mind, this was going to happen whether they were 13-4 or 4-13, and guess what. It's going to happen again next year, most likely with Demeco going to be a HC somewhere else after next year. Add in Adam Peters too and possibly even Carthon.

So, agree, the man can only do so much, but he's probably prepared for it from last year and so it wasn't unexpected and the workload was probably budgeted into his schedule already prior to the beginning of last year's season. The guys who remained, like Chris Foerster and Bobby Slowik could probably get the new offensive coaches up to speed about 80% of the way with Kyle putting in the rest of the 20%.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Nobody thought Mahomes and Watson were going to be as good as they were, easy to forget Mitch Trubisky was the highest graded QB of a "weak" qb class. Stafford was never coming to SF. Brady is the one black eye.

if Trey Lance started last year this team would've been 6-11 at best instead of in the nfc championship, and it's sad how much of the fanbase would've been happier with the former.

6-11 lol yeah cause Trey is so much more worse than Jimmy right? He couldn't get the W against Detroit? Jacksonville? Vikings? Bears? Falcons? One of those Seattle games? Only reason they got to the championship game because the defense and special teams played their hearts out in Green Bay.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Shanahan could had:

-Mahomes
-Watson
-Brady
-Stafford

But Shanahan want/wanted:

-Cousins
-Beathard
-Garoppolo

Shanny traded the farm to get Lance but he didn´t give him experience last year and now we still don´t know if the kid is gonna play this next season because Shanny/Lynch or even Jed haven´t said a thing about it and the possibility of Garoppolo staying and doing a QB-competition with Lance (and destroying the locker room) is real.

After 5 seasons Shanahan still doesn´t have the QB situation resolved .

Nobody thought Mahomes and Watson were going to be as good as they were, easy to forget Mitch Trubisky was the highest graded QB of a "weak" qb class. Stafford was never coming to SF. Brady is the one black eye.

if Trey Lance started last year this team would've been 6-11 at best instead of in the nfc championship, and it's sad how much of the fanbase would've been happier with the former.

So there's no such thing as a QB Guru or Genius?
[ Edited by glorydayz on Mar 27, 2022 at 7:17 PM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Nobody is batting a thousand on finding and or developing FQBs.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
6-11 lol yeah cause Trey is so much more worse than Jimmy right? He couldn't get the W against Detroit? Jacksonville? Vikings? Bears? Falcons? One of those Seattle games? Only reason they got to the championship game because the defense and special teams played their hearts out in Green Bay.

Exactly. I don't know what games they won last year with Jimmy that they couldn't have with Trey. How many games was Jimmy one of the top 3 stars of the game?

I could think of maybe two games tops but then I think of games they lost because of Jimmy that they might have won with Trey. The Titans game for example.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Shanahan could had:

-Mahomes
-Watson
-Brady
-Stafford

-Cousins
-Beathard
-Garoppolo

Shanny traded the farm to get Lance but he didn´t give him experience last year and now we still don´t know if the kid is gonna play this next season because Shanny/Lynch or even Jed haven´t said a thing about it and the possibility of Garoppolo staying and doing a QB-competition with Lance (and destroying the locker room) is real.

NOT if your name is Kyle Shanahan...
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

How in the world could Trey replace Jimmy's production of 20 TDs snd 12 ints right??? These people need to think before they post
Niners have one of the largest coaching staffs in the league...thought that was interesting

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Shanahan could had:

-Mahomes
-Watson
-Brady
-Stafford

-Cousins
-Beathard
-Garoppolo

I didn't know you are able to see alternate realities. Pretty cool man.

We got a bunch of Doctor Stranges up in here apparently

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Niners have one of the largest coaching staffs in the league...thought that was interesting

I believe it. And we're down a few too. Going back to Harbaugh, we've always had the most.

Thanks for posting this. For as much as Kyle loses annually, he may want to double this. LOL

• thl408

I believe it. And we're down a few too. Going back to Harbaugh, we've always had the most.

Thanks for posting this. For as much as Kyle loses annually, he may want to double this. LOL

It's good to have a large staff. With the amount of SF coaches getting poached in the offseason, have potential replacement candidates waiting in the wings.
Originally posted by thl408:

It's good to have a large staff. With the amount of SF coaches getting poached in the offseason, have potential replacement candidates waiting in the wings.

When budgeting for coaches you probably can pay coaches better with a smaller staff. I'm assuming the organizations coaching budget doesn't change regardless of the number of coaches hired.

This seems like it may have come back to bite Kyle with his TE's coach this past season.

I think the player to coach ratio could play a factor in regards to player development (for example; 1 to 7 teacher/student ratio would be incredible in a classroom).
MB mailbag lol

Why did Shanahan look so haggard at the owners' meeting? — Mickey W.

Too much, uh, sun the day before.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
MB mailbag lol

He looked like he had a 10 point lead in the 4th. I imagine he was up all night crafting the Lance offense, as he has been for the past several months.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
MB mailbag lol

He looked like he had a 10 point lead in the 4th. I imagine he was up all night crafting the Lance offense, as he has been for the past several months.

lol
Share 49ersWebzone