There are 303 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
"You've got to make sure that you're not hindering his development," Shanahan said. "Trey's working his tail off. He knows how I feel about him. He knows what our expectations are for him."

"Trey's not an insecure guy. I think the situation makes sense. There's nothing sneaky going on about it. And he's confident."

Shanahan noted he talks with Lance "all the time." As for Garoppolo, not so much.

"We don't do a lot of talking in the offseason. Jimmy is not the most communicating guy," Shanahan said.

Seems to me that Kyle and Trey are building a great relationship. It sounds like Kyle truly has found his guy. The sky is the limit.
jimmy thinks he doesn't need to get better..

KS10 thinks he all that..
Originally posted by 9moon:
"You've got to make sure that you're not hindering his development," Shanahan said. "Trey's working his tail off. He knows how I feel about him. He knows what our expectations are for him."

"Trey's not an insecure guy. I think the situation makes sense. There's nothing sneaky going on about it. And he's confident."

Shanahan noted he talks with Lance "all the time." As for Garoppolo, not so much.

"We don't do a lot of talking in the offseason. Jimmy is not the most communicating guy," Shanahan said.

Seems to me that Kyle and Trey are building a great relationship. It sounds like Kyle truly has found his guy. The sky is the limit.

KS10 thinks he all that..

Well, he is being paid handsomely to be the guy in charge.

"Jimmy is not the most communicating guy." Doesn't sound like a very good relationship to me. Am I looking too far into this? It seems like Kyle wasn't even aware of Jimmy needing shoulder surgery until the news broke or perhaps only shortly before. Either way, the lack of communication is not a catalyst for a solid relationship and it sounds like it has been an on going thing between them.

Based on Kittle, Jimmy doesn't communicate with anyone...he says he's lucky if he gets a one word text response from him.

But yeah, I'm really excited for Kyle to finally have a top notch hand picked QB with no limitations. Exciting!

That's baseless.
Originally posted by NCommand:

"Jimmy is not the most communicating guy." Doesn't sound like a very good relationship to me. Am I looking too far into this? It seems like Kyle wasn't even aware of Jimmy needing shoulder surgery until the news broke or perhaps only shortly before. Either way, the lack of communication is not a catalyst for a solid relationship and it sounds like it has been an on going thing between them.

Based on Kittle, Jimmy doesn't communicate with anyone...he says he's lucky if he gets a one word text response from him.

But yeah, I'm really excited for Kyle to finally have a top notch hand picked QB with no limitations. Exciting!

That doesn't bode well for a relationship though. Its one thing with your teammates in the off season. Its another when your boss wants to know how you're feeling and what you are working on to get better for next season.

No limitations is kind of premature at this point. Kyle having his hand picked guy is really exciting. Everything Kyle has stated about Trey has been positive. Building a relationship will build that "chemistry". If Kyle really has a guy who is on the same page as he with the ability to make it happen on the field, makes for very exciting times.

That doesn't bode well for a relationship though. Its one thing with your teammates in the off season. Its another when your boss wants to know how you're feeling and what you are working on to get better for next season.

No limitations is kind of premature at this point. Kyle having his hand picked guy is really exciting. Everything Kyle has stated about Trey has been positive. Building a relationship will build that "chemistry". If Kyle really has a guy who is on the same page as he with the ability to make it happen on the field, makes for very exciting times.

Fully agreed.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:

That's baseless.

I never looked at Jimmy as someone who doesn't work hard, but I question if he has that next level of hard work. I don't recall too many stories of Jimmy working out a lot with players in the offseason or videos/reports of him working with QB coaches besides maybe once. I could be wrong and just my bad memory lol.

But overall has Jimmy gotten better since he got here? You can easily argue he's regressed a tad bit every year.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

That's baseless.

I never looked at Jimmy as someone who doesn't work hard, but I question if he has that next level of hard work. I don't recall too many stories of Jimmy working out a lot with players in the offseason or videos/reports of him working with QB coaches besides maybe once. I could be wrong and just my bad memory lol.

But overall has Jimmy gotten better since he got here? You can easily argue he's regressed a tad bit every year.
Trey has already surpassed jimmy in off-season/after practice work and it hasn't been a full year yet.

but it's all good remember, he's said he's a winner no matter what lol
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 2, 2022 at 4:24 PM ]

That's baseless.

My memory is the same. If he did, he's not really the type to telegraph on social media anyhow.

I'd definitely agree he's regressed every year since arriving. As to why that is, I'll let others speculate on that. Sort of moot now anyhow. Unless he starts for us again.

That's baseless.

Trey has already surpassed jimmy in off-season/after practice work and it hasn't been a full year yet.

but it's all good remember, he's said he's a winner no matter what lol

It'll be nice to have a QB that takes the job seriously for the first time in awhile.

To be fair to Jimmy, it's hard to put in the work when you spend most off-seasons rehabbing injuries.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Apr 2, 2022 at 9:19 PM ]

• Giedi
  • Veteran

That's baseless.

My memory is the same. If he did, he's not really the type to telegraph on social media anyhow.

I'd definitely agree he's regressed every year since arriving. As to why that is, I'll let others speculate on that. Sort of moot now anyhow. Unless he starts for us again.

Good point. Would Kyle have used up three first round picks if Jimmy was improving every year, even if that was a gradual improvement? I would say not.

As for Trey, I hope he's tons better than the second half of the Texas game, at least that's how I hope his offseason will go and that will translate to some regular season game success.

It's a huge issue and part of a reason they are where they are even after being in the conference championship game.
I get you don't need to make everything a choice by committee or telegraph all your moves…..but you should probably be I. The same page as the qb who has been your starter for the last 5 years. Furthermore, I've never heard of anything like what happened when drafting Lance. Why was John and Kyle the only ones who knew he was the pick? I believe this is why there was a huge exodus of coaches. Hey, these guys won't even collaborate with us on who we are drafting after giving up the next 2 drafts, why should I feel invested?
There has to be collaboration in the front office and coaching staff….the final say always goes to John and Kyle but my goodness, these aren't nuclear launch codes you have to hide
Why are Shanahan and Lynch at fault for Jimmy not communicating with them? Jimmy is the one not communicating.

As for the coaching exodus - it happens when you are a great coaching staff and have two HC hired from you in two years. They bring others with them. Lance didn't cause any consternation no matter how much you want that to be the case.

Niner Talk - always taking bets on the worst case scenarios.
[ Edited by captveg on Apr 3, 2022 at 3:01 PM ]
Originally posted by BamaNiner:

It's a huge issue and part of a reason they are where they are even after being in the conference championship game.
I get you don't need to make everything a choice by committee or telegraph all your moves…..but you should probably be I. The same page as the qb who has been your starter for the last 5 years. Furthermore, I've never heard of anything like what happened when drafting Lance. Why was John and Kyle the only ones who knew he was the pick? I believe this is why there was a huge exodus of coaches. Hey, these guys won't even collaborate with us on who we are drafting after giving up the next 2 drafts, why should I feel invested?
There has to be collaboration in the front office and coaching staff….the final say always goes to John and Kyle but my goodness, these aren't nuclear launch codes you have to hide

Honestly, I have read a lot of your posts. I have seen you post very little to nothing positive about this team. You don't like Trey, you don't like any of the decision making, you don't like the GM, you don't like the head coach, you don't like anyone that I know of and you just know the team is going to fail. You actually have nothing to root for. Why are you still here? What continues to keep you a fan? I don't understand.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:

This is called making up a narrative to suit your own bias/agenda.
Share 49ersWebzone