There are 449 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

In other words, what Kyle really means is that Jimmy feels he doesn't need to communicate due to his apparent belief that "the QB makes the coach" and not the other way around.
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Apr 3, 2022 at 4:27 PM ]
I don't think it's anything other than Jimmy being Jimmy. Kittle has said before that it takes forever for Jimmy to respond to texts/return calls and sometimes he just doesn't.

And it's not like anyone can say that Jimmy and Kittle don't get along. I doubt Jimmy is doing it just to be spitefully.

I really believe there's not much more to it than that. It's just Jimmy being Jimmy.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
I don't think it's anything other than Jimmy being Jimmy. Kittle has said before that it takes forever for Jimmy to respond to texts/return calls and sometimes he just doesn't.

And it's not like anyone can say that Jimmy and Kittle don't get along. I doubt Jimmy is doing it just to be spitefully.

I really believe there's not much more to it than that. It's just Jimmy being Jimmy.

I agree with that. Its just Jimmy being Jimmy. Its just who he is. However, a good working relationship begins with open communication.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

I agree with that. Its just Jimmy being Jimmy. Its just who he is. However, a good working relationship begins with open communication.

100% and I find it encouraging that Kyle and Trey are communicating a lot. Can only help Trey transition into the starting role if he gets on the same wavelength as Kyle.
I love my f**king coach!
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
"You've got to make sure that you're not hindering his development," Shanahan said. "Trey's working his tail off. He knows how I feel about him. He knows what our expectations are for him."

"Trey's not an insecure guy. I think the situation makes sense. There's nothing sneaky going on about it. And he's confident."

Shanahan noted he talks with Lance "all the time." As for Garoppolo, not so much.

"We don't do a lot of talking in the offseason. Jimmy is not the most communicating guy," Shanahan said.

Seems to me that Kyle and Trey are building a great relationship. It sounds like Kyle truly has found his guy. The sky is the limit.
jimmy thinks he doesn't need to get better..

"Jimmy is not the most communicating guy." Doesn't sound like a very good relationship to me. Am I looking too far into this? It seems like Kyle wasn't even aware of Jimmy needing shoulder surgery until the news broke or perhaps only shortly before. Either way, the lack of communication is not a catalyst for a solid relationship and it sounds like it has been an on going thing between them.

It's a huge issue and part of a reason they are where they are even after being in the conference championship game.
I get you don't need to make everything a choice by committee or telegraph all your moves…..but you should probably be I. The same page as the qb who has been your starter for the last 5 years. Furthermore, I've never heard of anything like what happened when drafting Lance. Why was John and Kyle the only ones who knew he was the pick? I believe this is why there was a huge exodus of coaches. Hey, these guys won't even collaborate with us on who we are drafting after giving up the next 2 drafts, why should I feel invested?
There has to be collaboration in the front office and coaching staff….the final say always goes to John and Kyle but my goodness, these aren't nuclear launch codes you have to hide

Honestly, I have read a lot of your posts. I have seen you post very little to nothing positive about this team. You don't like Trey, you don't like any of the decision making, you don't like the GM, you don't like the head coach, you don't like anyone that I know of and you just know the team is going to fail. You actually have nothing to root for. Why are you still here? What continues to keep you a fan? I don't understand.

I've stated multiple times, I love what they did up until the trade up. I didn't support it and the. They further compounded my frustration by having one of the worst drafts possible, the. Handling the qb situation like they have.
The roster was loaded and primed last year. I love Deebo and Bosa, two favorite players in the league along with Burrow and Jaylen Waddle.
I also love Trent and I think Kyle is an offensive genius but struggles managing his ego. I lived Lunch as a player and think he's a great person, but he seems a bit naive to me as a GM.
I love Meco and the two Bama boy safeties.
It's a loaded roster that could've been bolstered with last years draft and had a great chance to win the super bowl last year. They chose instead to draft for the future instead of going for it, and I just can't abide by that. It's really killed my enthusiasm for this team for the time being.
Look at Cincinnati and what they are doing after almost winning the super bowl. Going balls tk the wall to fill their holes. I hope they get it this year.
Furthermore, I've never heard of anything like what happened when drafting Lance. Why was John and Kyle the only ones who knew he was the pick? I believe this is why there was a huge exodus of coaches. Hey, these guys won't even collaborate with us on who we are drafting after giving up the next 2 drafts, why should I feel invested?

Look at Cincinnati and what they are doing after almost winning the super bowl. Going balls tk the wall to fill their holes. I hope they get it this year.

So you are a 49er fan that hope the Bengals win the Super Bowl this next season?
[ Edited by random49er on Apr 3, 2022 at 8:36 PM ]
"You've got to make sure that you're not hindering his development," Shanahan said. "Trey's working his tail off. He knows how I feel about him. He knows what our expectations are for him."

"Trey's not an insecure guy. I think the situation makes sense. There's nothing sneaky going on about it. And he's confident."

Shanahan noted he talks with Lance "all the time." As for Garoppolo, not so much.

"We don't do a lot of talking in the offseason. Jimmy is not the most communicating guy," Shanahan said.

Seems to me that Kyle and Trey are building a great relationship. It sounds like Kyle truly has found his guy. The sky is the limit.

"Jimmy is not the most communicating guy." Doesn't sound like a very good relationship to me. Am I looking too far into this? It seems like Kyle wasn't even aware of Jimmy needing shoulder surgery until the news broke or perhaps only shortly before. Either way, the lack of communication is not a catalyst for a solid relationship and it sounds like it has been an on going thing between them.

It's a huge issue and part of a reason they are where they are even after being in the conference championship game.
I get you don't need to make everything a choice by committee or telegraph all your moves…..but you should probably be I. The same page as the qb who has been your starter for the last 5 years. Furthermore, I've never heard of anything like what happened when drafting Lance. Why was John and Kyle the only ones who knew he was the pick? I believe this is why there was a huge exodus of coaches. Hey, these guys won't even collaborate with us on who we are drafting after giving up the next 2 drafts, why should I feel invested?
There has to be collaboration in the front office and coaching staff….the final say always goes to John and Kyle but my goodness, these aren't nuclear launch codes you have to hide

Honestly, I have read a lot of your posts. I have seen you post very little to nothing positive about this team. You don't like Trey, you don't like any of the decision making, you don't like the GM, you don't like the head coach, you don't like anyone that I know of and you just know the team is going to fail. You actually have nothing to root for. Why are you still here? What continues to keep you a fan? I don't understand.

He's a f**king troll lol! Learn to notice the subtleties. Fans refer to the team as "we", whereas others refer to the team as "them" or "they". People that still respond to him and validate his b******t are keeping him alive. Just ignore him.
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Apr 3, 2022 at 9:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I love my f**king coach!

This X 1000.
Originally posted by random49er:
Furthermore, I've never heard of anything like what happened when drafting Lance. Why was John and Kyle the only ones who knew he was the pick? I believe this is why there was a huge exodus of coaches. Hey, these guys won't even collaborate with us on who we are drafting after giving up the next 2 drafts, why should I feel invested?

So you are a 49er fan that hope the Bengals win the Super Bowl this next season?

No he hopes the Patriots do.

I didn't like how they played it either, and you might be right about it annoying staff members. Scangerello in particular seemed very enamoured with Fields and probably would have responded better to having their thought process explained, or at least having the opportunity to pound the table. Most of the staff left for promotions or equivalent, his job choice was strange.

It's 100% wrong to state they didn't collaborate though. They explained that they run their meetings as normal, garnered all opinions and came to the decision the same way, they then just kept the final decision (which is theirs anyway) to themselves.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Apr 3, 2022 at 9:44 PM ]
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

He's a f**king troll lol! Learn to notice the subtleties. Fans refer to the team as "we", whereas others refer to the team as "them" or "they". People that still respond to him and validate his b******t are keeping him alive. Just ignore him.

+1
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

+1

Dude literally said he's rooting for another team next year. He may not be a troll but he's no 49er fan.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I love my f**king coach!

Jimmy is a vet, doesn't need to or want me to baby him like Lance-- is how I took Kyle's answer on Jimmy's offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone