There are 360 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by mitpdub:
Kyle wasn't at the press conference at all? Strange per KNBR since he's usually there pre Draft. He probably doesn't have the same poker face that Lynch does, and better to let him take the heat at this time.

Kyle must be pissed at John and Paraag for not securing his boy, Deebo.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Kyle wasn't at the press conference at all? Strange per KNBR since he's usually there pre Draft. He probably doesn't have the same poker face that Lynch does, and better to let him take the heat at this time.

Idk if he's pissed yet, I'm sure he gets the business side of it, negotiations tactic that is (hopefully that is the case right now). But if he gets traded...oh boy
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Apr 26, 2022 at 5:53 PM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Idk if he's pissed yet, I'm sure he gets the business side of it, negotiations tactic that is (hopefully that is the case right now). But if he gets traded...oh boy

I was half joking there but damn, I didn't really think of the actual repercussions here if he is gone. Could Paraag, the untouchable, take a hit here? Lynch and Kyle...triangle relationship. Damn. Kyle already had about a 35 second off season before having to hire and train an entire new staff and now this? Ethan taking off too. Hmm.

I was half joking there but damn, I didn't really think of the actual repercussions here if he is gone. Could Paraag, the untouchable, take a hit here? Lynch and Kyle...triangle relationship. Damn. Kyle already had about a 35 second off season before having to hire and train an entire new staff and now this? Ethan taking off too. Hmm.

Kyle is the HC. His job is to win football games, and you do that when you have good football players. He's not BB where he's also the GM and has to worry about that side of football as well.

Like I said, I'm sure Kyle understands the business side of it, like most coaches do, but I have no doubt changes will have to be made if this happens. Kyle will be pissed imo and rightfully so. And I really hope Jed would be smart enough to not choose his buddy Paraag over Kyle.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Apr 26, 2022 at 6:20 PM ]

BEST young mind in football no need no body !! no body !!
Originally posted by 9moon:

Attempt to post here before you down a whole bottle of vodka
Originally posted by 9moon:

Attempt to post here before you down a whole bottle of vodka

I think Kyle can turn another player into Deebo or another gimmick type dude every year, he's that good. And we just keep cleaning up on trades when their heads get too big, rinse and repeat. Kyle is the star, not Deebo. If Mostert wasn't hurt and Jimmy could throw past 20 feet Deebo would just be a great #2/solid #1 WR
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I love my f**king coach!

Year 6 = 0 Championships

Yorks are 0 fer 20-something. At least Kyle has the team making noise and competing.

NFCCG last year. Hoping we can get back to the Lombardi game with Trey this next year. Key is this upcoming draft. ShanaLynch has to knock it out of the park to have a chance at a ring this year.

Harbaugh did that 3x in a row.

In his first three years. After inheriting a bust qb in a lockout shortened offseason.

people love to discount harbaugh here. No idea why.
Can Kyle win without Jimmy G? Jimmy did save his job and until I see him win without Jimmy ima give Jimmy the credit.

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Year 6 = 0 Championships

Said a Patriot fan in 2000

I don't understand this. Pats won super bowl in belichick's second year (2000)
  • pdc20
  • Veteran

If anything, knowing the persons involved, Shanahan is the one guy that is probably pissed at hell at Deebo and would gladly take a fair offer by the Jets.
John Lynch seems to be more the kind of guy willing to try to appease the situation with Samuel and his agent.
Originally posted by pdc20:

If anything, knowing the persons involved, Shanahan is the one guy that is probably pissed at hell at Deebo and would gladly take a fair offer by the Jets.
John Lynch seems to be more the kind of guy willing to try to appease the situation with Samuel and his agent.

I agree, if the reports are true about not wanting to be used as a wideback anymore, he kind of threw Shanahan under the bus. I know I would be pissed as a coach. (during the season you are telling me to just give you the ball), then a you B**tch and moan to media smh. I would bet Kyle is a little annoyed with Deebo and this whole situation.
Originally posted by meickue:

I agree, if the reports are true about not wanting to be used as a wideback anymore, he kind of threw Shanahan under the bus. I know I would be pissed as a coach. (during the season you are telling me to just give you the ball), then a you B**tch and moan to media smh. I would bet Kyle is a little annoyed with Deebo and this whole situation.

Not necessarily. Nothing has been said publicly at all by any side other than deebo saying he wants to be traded.

For me, Kyle used him hard to make that playoff run last year, but I immediately thought that's a one off. He really was our RB1 the last few weeks, which was sorta embarrassing in some ways lol. I am sure he will run him here and there, but I thought waaaay less. like 99% WR again. Maybe only in a playoff game too.

Maybe Deebo feels when its crunch time he will always fall back to that? IMO that's a conversation between coach and Deebo. We know they communicated well so I dont see that being the issue. It's got to be the money.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by meickue:

Kyle is old school and the son of his father. Deebo ´s little stunt is typically something Mike would have hated. And Kyle is the first one to tell that his door is open and that he´s willing to listen to the players. Having his top WR acting like that, talking with Jeff Darlington apparently, it has to seriously annoy him.
Share 49ersWebzone