There are 186 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NCommand:
I know what you two mean...two different scenarios where Jim was handed a playoff ready team that needed leadership and cohesion whereas Kyle has built his team from scratch and continues to do that...literally handing Lynch a blue print for every single player he wants for his system.

I was referencing their philosophy for winning...their formula is very similar in a number of ways.

And TBF, no doubt that the way the 49ers were originally constructed was a big attraction for why Jim wanted to come here.

Difference is Kyle can actually call a pass game when the run game isn't working. Roman pass offense is pray the qb makes a play.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 91til:
I loved Harbaugh. But Kyle is much better.

The biggest difference between those 2 regimes is Harbaugh inherited a very talented roster and Shanahan has had to build his from the ground up.

The biggest difference is that Kyle inspires confidence from his supreme knowledge, it's long lasting and doesn't cause friction.

Harbaugh worked with Raa Raa and intensity, it wears thin. Burns bright, but burns out.

Ran P Willis to the ground! Smh! Maybe could have played 10 seasons.
Lets not forget Balkee was York's "Guy" smh
imagine if Harbaugh had control of the draft picks maybe he could have gotten those players to finish the chip!!!!
Originally posted by plummerfan:
imagine if Harbaugh had control of the draft picks maybe he could have gotten those players to finish the chip!!!!

Picks also could have been no better or even worse.

Can't find a top qb or wr in college among all the blue chip talent available. I would be very dubious on his skill position evaluating.

You blame Harbaugh for Willis early retirement

Don't act like Jimbo didn't have sat in any of the draft picks…dude loved LMJ, Vace McDonald, Bruce Ellington, Dontae Johnson, Aaron Lynch, Kap etc.

Harbs issue was he wasn't good at developing players…the 2012 draft was one of the worst in history and killed the team down the road.

here's Harbs talking about the AJ pick

"I just want to update you on the status of A.J. Jenkins, that topic," Harbaugh said. "A.J. Jenkinswas an outstanding football player when he got here. His progress has been very, very good and exceeded expectations. For those scribes, pundits, so-called experts, who have gone as far to say that he is going to be a bust, should just stop.

"I recommend that because they are making themselves look more clueless than they've already did. To go on record, A.J.'s going to be an outstanding football player. So far in camp, what he's done in the offseason has led us to believe nothing but that he will be an outstanding football player in the National Football League."

(You know a head coach is serious when he drops the NFL acronym and just goes with the whole enchilada.)

Harbaugh was later asked why he felt the need to come to Jenkins' defense in such an impromptu manner.

"I'm just stating the facts as I see them and believe them to be."
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 22, 2022 at 6:03 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Don't act like Jimbo didn't have sat in any of the draft picks…dude loved LMJ, Vace McDonald, Bruce Ellington, Dontae Johnson, Aaron Lynch, Kap etc.

Harbs issue was he wasn't good at developing players…the 2012 draft was one of the worst in history and killed the team down the road.

"I just want to update you on the status of A.J. Jenkins, that topic," Harbaugh said. "A.J. Jenkinswas an outstanding football player when he got here. His progress has been very, very good and exceeded expectations. For those scribes, pundits, so-called experts, who have gone as far to say that he is going to be a bust, should just stop.

"I recommend that because they are making themselves look more clueless than they've already did. To go on record, A.J.'s going to be an outstanding football player. So far in camp, what he's done in the offseason has led us to believe nothing but that he will be an outstanding football player in the National Football League."

(You know a head coach is serious when he drops the NFL acronym and just goes with the whole enchilada.)

Harbaugh was later asked why he felt the need to come to Jenkins' defense in such an impromptu manner.

ONE player who I thought should have been developed was Quetin Patton... and I still believe that we did a POOR job and did no develop this kid..
Originally posted by 9moon:

ONE player who I thought should have been developed was Quetin Patton... and I still believe that we did a POOR job and did no develop this kid..

Ah. The good old days of Patton and Bruce Ellington. I remember 9er fans thinking we had something special In those two.
Originally posted by Viperboy:

You blame Harbaugh for Willis early retirement

IMO, Fangio burnt out all his starters - he didn't rotate players to keep them fresh.

Yup. Its hilarious to watch the mental gymnastics trying to defend shanny, who did the same thing the prior coach got flamed for by many, i.e., lost a super bowl, multiple blown leads, passing game sucks, gimmicky read option plays and fly sweeps, poor clock management, poor timeout management, s**tty at challenges, inability to develop a QB and so on.

But hey, at least we are classy. For the record, I like Shanny, but like all coaches, he has some major flaws.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on May 22, 2022 at 2:10 PM ]
"Passing Game Sucks"

LOL, no. Passing game is pretty great. The QB has been holding it back in key situations. That's not at all the same thing as when Harbaugh was here. Their offensive philosophies are very different.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yup. Its hilarious to watch the mental gymnastics trying to defend shanny, who did the same thing the prior coach got flamed for by many, i.e., lost a super bowl, multiple blown leads, passing game sucks, gimmicky read option plays and fly sweeps, poor clock management, poor timeout management, s**tty at challenges, inability to develop a QB and so on.

But hey, at least we are classy. For the record, I like Shanny, but like all coaches, he has some major flaws.

So much wrong with this
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

So much wrong with this

Such as?
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Such as?

For starters his passing game doesn't suck. There's nothing gimmicky about Shanahan's offense either. I would say kyle has gotten the most out of every QB he's had.
Share 49ersWebzone