LISTEN: Are The 49ers Headed For A Future Without Brandon Aiyuk? →

There are 139 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by YACBros85:
So you would be content to stick with Shanahan if after 10 years he still hasn't won a SB?

So say if Kyle won a SB then didn't win s**t for a decade…would you still stick with Kyle 10 yrs later?
People are so short sighted and seem to forget the plethora of s**t HCs we've had here. I mean go look at the league this past season and see all the turnover at HC. s**t is constant.

It's hard to win a Super bowl, it takes having an elite QB and luck most often.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So you would be content to stick with Shanahan if after 10 years he still hasn't won a SB?

So say if Kyle won a SB then didn't win s**t for a decade…would you still stick with Kyle 10 yrs later?

So say after 20 years and he still hasn't won a SB. Would you still be content with him as our head coach? Where is the line drawn for you?

So say after 20 years and he still hasn't won a SB. Would you still be content with him as our head coach? Where is the line drawn for you?

I guess 20 yrs is where you draw the line. Which is a long f**king time in football. You got guys like Payton, Tomlin and John Harbaugh who haven't won a super bowl in a decade (with much better QBs) they should be fired, right?

Sean McDermott hasn't even been to a super bowl in the same amount of time as Kyle with a MUCH better QB, he should be fired? If McVay didn't get Stafford this yr, he's not winning the super bowl, he should be fired too?

people are complaining about the wrong stuff imo. We got a HC that can take avg QB play into the playoffs. Let's see if a new QB can give him/fans more.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 12, 2022 at 5:26 PM ]

I guess 20 yrs is where you draw the line. Which is a long f**king time in football. You got guys like Payton, Tomlin and John Harbaugh who haven't won a super bowl in a decade (with much better QBs) they should be fired, right?

Sean McDermott hasn't even been to a super bowl in the same amount of time as Kyle with a MUCH better QB, he should be fired? If McVay didn't get Stafford this yr, he's not winning the super bowl, he should be fired too?

people are complaining about the wrong stuff imo. We got a HC that can take avg QB play into the playoffs. Let's see if a new QB can give him/fans more.

Damn! Don't become an emotional wreck because of me. I actually have a ton of faith that Kyle will win a SB in the next 2-3 years. Its quite obvious that you don't have the same faith nor do you care whether we win another SB.

Damn! Don't become an emotional wreck because of me. I actually have a ton of faith that Kyle will win a SB in the next 2-3 years. Its quite obvious that you don't have the same faith nor do you care whether we win another SB.
You sound triggered and try to pass that on NY, you're the one calling out we should fire the best offensive mind in football
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I just saw an article that said that the 9ers didn't gain a SINGLE yard In the last 12 mins of the NFCCG against the Rams. Wow. I wasn't aware of that. It also said that the Rams and McVay we're 1-23 when trailing by 10 points or more at the half until they beat the 9ers In NFCCG.

Sounds like his offense in ATL too in the Superbowl and in 2019...all 3 were up 2 scores in the 4Q. Crazy.

That's not all on him but if it happens a 4th time, I'm going to start a curse thread.

Maybe Kyle would benefit from hiring an assistant to help prevent those 4Q fiascos he keeps having In crucial games

I do think that It's unfair to put all the blame on Kyle for losing those big games. The QB, Wr's, OL, ect. Need to execute too, but like you said, If It happens again, then...

I am a big Kyle Shanahan fan but I give him 2 more years to win a SB before I start to lose patience. We have one of the most talented group of pass catchers in the league, a revamped special teams, a revamped secondary and what looks to be an expanded running game. Shanahan now has his hand picked QB. I give him a year to build that play calling chemistry with Trey but after that, no more excuses for Shanahan.

That's more than fair. I'm a fan of him too fwiw ( even though I can be harsh on him at times ). I do agree that this team Is too talented not to be winning super bowls. All we needed was an upgrade at the QB position and now we finally have that too. 2022, The excitement Is high, mostly because of Lance being our starting QB, by 2023, It will be the expectations that are high. The year fans and media will be expecting us to win a super bowl.

You guys talk about winning a SB like it's easy. Like our talent is SOOOO much better than everyone else that the ONLY thing that could keep us from a SB win is KS. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? There's a lot of teams out there with a more talented roster than the 49ers on paper.

If you want to give a coach 2 decades with no SB trophy to show for it, that is your perogative. However, Kyle has had 6 off seasons now to build a championship roster. The only goal in football is to win champioships. So, no, its not ridiculous.

So that makes virtual everyone bad. It also means you'd swap Kyle Shanahan for Doug Pederson if you are going to be that myopic about the goal. We are all aware of what the goal is. The original posters point still stands. It's not likely you are going to get better.

Doug pederson actually won a super bowl In just his second season with the Eagles, with a back-up QB too. It's unlikely we'll win a super bowl this year since It will be Lance first year as starter, which means, 2023 will be Kyle's 7th year with the team. You can't blame fans for not expecting a super bowl by then.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You sound triggered and try to pass that on NY, you're the one calling out we should fire the best offensive mind in football

The best offense mind In football failed to gain a single yard when It mattered most. Don't give me QB excuses. No one Is saying he should be fired ( yet ) but he does need to prove he's the best by winning a super bowl.
[ Edited by Sickaa on Jun 12, 2022 at 6:03 PM ]

The best offense mind In football failed to gain a single yard when It mattered most. Don't give me QB excuses. No one Is saying he should be fired ( yet ) but he does need to prove he's the best by winning a super bowl.
Lol, you're takes are so bad it's as if you don't know football

kyle is not on the field lol
People are so short sighted and seem to forget the plethora of s**t HCs we've had here. I mean go look at the league this past season and see all the turnover at HC. s**t is constant.

I don't think fans are "short sighted" 9er fans have high expectations. We we're use to winning super bowls and that's how It should be. It's been almost 30 years since we last won a super bowl. That's pretty embarrassing for a team that was once considered the best team In the league.

You seem clueless as to what a head coach Is responsible for. I suggest you do some research. Who do you think Is responsible for picking the QB?

I don't think fans are "short sighted" 9er fans have high expectations. We we're use to winning super bowls and that's how It should be. It's been almost 30 years since we last won a super bowl. That's pretty embarrassing for a team that was once considered the best team In the league.
You're entitled to nothing

You're entitled to nothing

I'm guessing you have only been a fan since 2011

You seem clueless as to what a head coach Is responsible for. I suggest you do some research. Who do you think Is responsible for picking the QB?
Another clueless take. Lol

whats next some KS10 posts and why not sign Tom Brady?

Another clueless take. Lol

whats next some KS10 posts and why not sign Tom Brady?

The constant "lol" makes you look like a child. Since you want to discuss Qbs though. Yeah, Brady, Mahomes, Watson are just some to name a few who we kissed out on. I'm glad u are happy with sticking with Jimmy for so long though. Heck, you we're once Is biggest supporters.
[ Edited by Sickaa on Jun 12, 2022 at 6:14 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone