LISTEN: Answering The Biggest 49ers Questions With Akash Anavarathan →

There are 227 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
We'll see how it goes over the next year or so now that We have a franchise QB.

We have a young basically rookie QB. Nothing more nothing less…you think Mike McCarthy is a better HC than Kyle? He fell into Rogers and won one forever ago. I'll bet money Dallas would fire his ass tomorrow if it meant they could get Kyle.

the issue with people b***hing about Kyle is they don't know how good they have it compared to most of the league. We're competitive, have a good team and when healthy with a startable QB have done some s**t….a good portion of the league can't say that.

kyle is NOT the problem.

Couldn't have said it better myself
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
People are so short sighted and seem to forget the plethora of s**t HCs we've had here. I mean go look at the league this past season and see all the turnover at HC. s**t is constant.

It's hard to win a Super bowl, it takes having an elite QB and luck most often.

I don't think fans are "short sighted" 9er fans have high expectations. We we're use to winning super bowls and that's how It should be. It's been almost 30 years since we last won a super bowl. That's pretty embarrassing for a team that was once considered the best team In the league.
You're entitled to nothing

I'm guessing you have only been a fan since 2011
Only a fan who would post an entitled post like yours be a new fan of football and the 49ers

i've experienced a SB win and 2 SB losses live and don't need to feel the entitlement as you do

Then you should know what needs to be done in order to win super bowls.
Correct, I can only show you the door
. Here's to the future.

I don't think fans are "short sighted" 9er fans have high expectations. We we're use to winning super bowls and that's how It should be. It's been almost 30 years since we last won a super bowl. That's pretty embarrassing for a team that was once considered the best team In the league.

No that absolutely is short sighted, lazy, and just trying to blame someone for something regardless of having a clue as to who they should be pointing fingers at. For a guy that says he's not all about s**tting in Kyle, you sure do it a a lot. Just be truthful about it.

winning a super bowl requires a lot of things including f**king luck.

man Pitt fans should be screaming to fire Tomlin hasn't won s**t in a decade, same with Harbs and thank go Payton retire, Saint fans must have hated not winning Super Bowls. I'm sure they will win much more with Dennis Allen. The bills fans should be rioting to get mcDermott out of there…McVay dodge a bullet for sure. He was gonna totally be canned if he didn't win a SB this yr..

I'm still a little frustrated after that super loss. Bare with me. . I agree that it does take a lot to win a super bowl. QB, OL, good defense, ST, good play calling, situational play calling, time management, play makers, good officials, timely executing, health, etc. I once said a long time a a go that Kyle would win a super bowl someday and I hope that Is with the 9ers. That's why I refuse to give up on him Just yet. I'll try to be a little more understanding from now on. We have a good team overall, and It sure feels good being relevant again. 2022 season can't get here soon enough.

FTFY. You were right the first time. And Kyle is certainly a part of that equation esp. when up 2 scores and in the 4Q whether it's Jimmy Garoppolo or Matt Ryan...even more so now that he's been a HC for 6 years.

Just because NY85 lives in a simplistic world (Elite QB + Luck = Superbowl win) doesn't mean he's right.

It takes far far more than those elements and nobody knows that better than us 49er fans.

Keep holding Kyle accountable. This is 100% his team, even the personnel. The goal is #6. Period. And he's going to be a massive reason why we win or don't win #6.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
So you would be content to stick with Shanahan if after 10 years he still hasn't won a SB?

So say if Kyle won a SB then didn't win s**t for a decade…would you still stick with Kyle 10 yrs later?

So say after 20 years and he still hasn't won a SB. Would you still be content with him as our head coach? Where is the line drawn for you?

I guess 20 yrs is where you draw the line. Which is a long f**king time in football. You got guys like Payton, Tomlin and John Harbaugh who haven't won a super bowl in a decade (with much better QBs) they should be fired, right?

Sean McDermott hasn't even been to a super bowl in the same amount of time as Kyle with a MUCH better QB, he should be fired? If McVay didn't get Stafford this yr, he's not winning the super bowl, he should be fired too?

people are complaining about the wrong stuff imo. We got a HC that can take avg QB play into the playoffs. Let's see if a new QB can give him/fans more.

Damn! Don't become an emotional wreck because of me. I actually have a ton of faith that Kyle will win a SB in the next 2-3 years. Its quite obvious that you don't have the same faith nor do you care whether we win another SB.
You sound triggered and try to pass that on NY, you're the one calling out we should fire the best offensive mind in football

I never said fire Kyle. I said I would start to lose my patience. You all get triggered and your reading comprehension goes out the window. Don't blame me for that.
Seems pointless to make declarations about two years from now, 10 years from now, etc. without the context and details of those years. One also has to consider who else is available. If Kyle loses the SB the next five straight years but the only available head coach is a Tomsula type then dismissing Kyle isn't going to help change the SB outcome.
Originally posted by captveg:
Seems pointless to make declarations about two years from now, 10 years from now, etc. without the context and details of those years. One also has to consider who else is available. If Kyle loses the SB the next five straight years but the only available head coach is a Tomsula type then dismissing Kyle isn't going to help change the SB outcome.

Whatever.

Whatever.

Sorry if considering context of things like "what HC candidate is even available" offends you so much.
Those who are strongly opposing my take are making arguments that automatically excuse Kyle from being at any fault for not winning a SB. Kyle is the one in complete control of this team. It is by all intent and purpose, his team. He is the captain of this ship. I am saying that Kyle has all the pieces now to win a SB. The weak link is on his way out the door. He now has more weapons on offense than he has ever had as a head coach. He also has his hand picked QB now.

Its almost impossible to keep all these pieces together for more than a few years. This year is to get Kyle and Trey on the same page and for Trey to get his feet wet. 2023 and 2024 should be our greatest opportunity to win the SB. I believe Kyle and the team can do it. I will be highly disappointed if it doesn't happen and we fall short and lose a 3rd straight SB. It would be devastatingly heat breaking.

It seems like you all would rather have Kyle for 2 decades than to win a SB. Kind of strange, imo
Originally posted by NCommand:

No that absolutely is short sighted, lazy, and just trying to blame someone for something regardless of having a clue as to who they should be pointing fingers at. For a guy that says he's not all about s**tting in Kyle, you sure do it a a lot. Just be truthful about it.

man Pitt fans should be screaming to fire Tomlin hasn't won s**t in a decade, same with Harbs and thank go Payton retire, Saint fans must have hated not winning Super Bowls. I'm sure they will win much more with Dennis Allen. The bills fans should be rioting to get mcDermott out of there…McVay dodge a bullet for sure. He was gonna totally be canned if he didn't win a SB this yr..

I'm still a little frustrated after that super loss. Bare with me. . I agree that it does take a lot to win a super bowl. QB, OL, good defense, ST, good play calling, situational play calling, time management, play makers, good officials, timely executing, health, etc. I once said a long time a a go that Kyle would win a super bowl someday and I hope that Is with the 9ers. That's why I refuse to give up on him Just yet. I'll try to be a little more understanding from now on. We have a good team overall, and It sure feels good being relevant again. 2022 season can't get here soon enough.

FTFY. You were right the first time. And Kyle is certainly a part of that equation esp. when up 2 scores and in the 4Q whether it's Jimmy Garoppolo or Matt Ryan...even more so now that he's been a HC for 6 years.

Just because NY85 lives in a simplistic world (Elite QB + Luck = Superbowl win) doesn't mean he's right.

It takes far far more than those elements and nobody knows that better than us 49er fans.

Keep holding Kyle accountable. This is 100% his team, even the personnel. The goal is #6. Period. And he's going to be a massive reason why we win or don't win #6.

No doubt Kyle deserves to be held accountable since he's the head coach and he's responsible for putting the team together. I will try to be a little more open minded moving forward though. As I mentioned In a previous post, the longer we go without winning a super bowl, the more Impatient fans will become. I know that triggers some on here. 2022 will basically be low expectations type of season since Lance will be basically a rookie ( kinda ) but by 2023, the expectations will be through the roof, especially If Lance shows real Potential towards the end of season. Trying to stay positive though

Those who are strongly opposing my take are making arguments that automatically excuse Kyle from being at any fault for not winning a SB. Kyle is the one in complete control of this team. It is by all intent and purpose, his team. He is the captain of this ship. I am saying that Kyle has all the pieces now to win a SB. The weak link is on his way out the door. He now has more weapons on offense than he has ever had as a head coach. He also has his hand picked QB now.

Its almost impossible to keep all these pieces together for more than a few years. This year is to get Kyle and Trey on the same page and for Trey to get his feet wet. 2023 and 2024 should be our greatest opportunity to win the SB. I believe Kyle and the team can do it. I will be highly disappointed if it doesn't happen and we fall short and lose a 3rd straight SB. It would be devastatingly heat breaking.

It seems like you all would rather have Kyle for 2 decades than to win a SB. Kind of strange, imo

100% agree. The next two to three years are crucial for Kyle and the 9ers. Let's See If Kyle can bring home #6

100% agree. The next two to three years are crucial for Kyle and the 9ers. Let's See If Kyle can bring home #6

I believe they can and I believe they will. Outside of any major injuries to Trey or Bosa, there are no real excuses.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jun 13, 2022 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

No doubt Kyle deserves to be held accountable since he's the head coach and he's responsible for putting the team together. I will try to be a little more open minded moving forward though. As I mentioned In a previous post, the longer we go without winning a super bowl, the more Impatient fans will become. I know that triggers some on here. 2022 will basically be low expectations type of season since Lance will be basically a rookie ( kinda ) but by 2023, the expectations will be through the roof, especially If Lance shows real Potential towards the end of season. Trying to stay positive though

I hear you. I try to look at wins and losses by their individual parts. Who did their job? Who didn't?

Then if we start seeing repeat issues, that's when it moves to the FO (talent) and HC (development). And then holistically.

It's not an easy exercise but it really helps in the accountability department by game and then over time. It's still the ultimate team game no matter how much we try to simplify it.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 13, 2022 at 10:14 AM ]

Or we just think Shanahan has a higher likelihood to deliver SB wins in the immediate years to come than anyone else out there who is likely to be hired in his place.

The two decades thing is a bit of a strawman. It's hard to project out a couple years let alone two decades, especially with how the rules get changed in this sport.
[ Edited by captveg on Jun 13, 2022 at 2:33 PM ]

Or we just think Shanahan has a higher likelihood to deliver SB wins in the immediate years to come than anyone else out there who is likely to be hired in his place.

The two decades thing is a bit of a strawman. It's hard to project out a couple years let alone two decades, especially with how the rules get changed in this sport.

Sounds like a reasonable question to me. Would you be content with Shanahan if he were our head coach for 20 years and never wins a SB?
Share 49ersWebzone