There are 185 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 9moon:
After Don Shula won his last Super bowl in 1973 he didn't win another super bowl until he retired in 1995. That's with Marino for 13 yrs. In those 22 seasons of not winning a SB, he only had two sub .500 seasons…but he should have been fired apparently.

THAT alone tells you how sorry a HC could be.. all the years with Dan The Man, the late Shula couldn't build a team together..

While some of us witness how THE GREAT JOE GIBBS won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different AVERAGE QBs..

No one was saying Shula should be fired during that time though. Dude was still winning a s**t ton of games.

OWNERS back then had more patience w/their coaches...

I'm pretty sure you were never a Dolphin fan but I knew a lot of fans who loved Shula but they wanted him GONE the minute they saw Buffalo becoming a POWER HOUSE..
[ Edited by 9moon on Jun 13, 2022 at 7:33 PM ]
Is kyle on the hot seat? Why are people mentioning that he should be let go?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Is kyle on the hot seat? Why are people mentioning that he should be let go?

NOT on the hot seat because of the PASS he got for drafting Baby Face and will be given another chance or 3 to get us to the promise land..

of course if Lance busts, it'll be Lance's fault for being a slacker..

lol
Originally posted by krizay:
What's with the weird what abouts? Is there a head coach that was the head coach for two decades that didn't win a super bowl?

If Kyle won a Super Bowl this yr but nothing for over a decade would you still want him as the HC come 2033?

Marv Levy?

And look how well they did after him....
After Don Shula won his last Super bowl in 1973 he didn't win another super bowl until he retired in 1995. That's with Marino for 13 yrs. In those 22 seasons of not winning a SB, he only had two sub .500 seasons…but he should have been fired apparently.

THAT alone tells you how sorry a HC could be.. all the years with Dan The Man, the late Shula couldn't build a team together..

While some of us witness how THE GREAT JOE GIBBS won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different AVERAGE QBs..

No one was saying Shula should be fired during that time though. Dude was still winning a s**t ton of games.

I'm pretty sure you were never a Dolphin fan but I knew a lot of fans who loved Shula but they wanted him GONE the minute they saw Buffalo becoming a POWER HOUSE..

Yeah, tough analogy for me. One could use an almost identical argument with regards to Dan Reeves. Dude won a ton of games, had Elway, couldn't seal the deal. Shottenheimer too. But once Mike Shanahan took over, the hardware came. Kyle IS one of the best in the league, and we're damn lucky to have him. Can't even say how excited I am to see what Kyle and Trey are about do.
9er fans if Kyle goes to the playoffs and wins 10 games the next two yrs with no super bowl…

like the early 2000s, Tomsula farting at pressers, and Chip Kelly playing Blaine Gabbert never happened

Just need Dennis Erickson 2.0 to leave the Gophers and come save us.

I see it in the other way: those dumb Dolphins wasted Marino´s career because they were too affraid of firing Shula because of the undefeated season.

It was clear that in his last 10 or 15 seasons that Shula was done but the Dolphins didn´t do what they needed because of something that happened in 1972.
[ Edited by Monsterniner on Jun 13, 2022 at 10:16 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by krizay:
What's with the weird what abouts? Is there a head coach that was the head coach for two decades that didn't win a super bowl?

If Kyle won a Super Bowl this yr but nothing for over a decade would you still want him as the HC come 2033?

Marv Levy?

And look how well they did after him....

BUFFALO was not a sorry bunch tho, getting to the Super Bowl 4 in a row was really an accomplishment... Levy did a great job IMO.

vs the Giants - it was just Wide Right.. this coulda happened to a couple of New England's Super Bowl wins.

vs Washington - the Redskins was just the better team

vs Dallas - 1st match up was pretty much even, but Levy just got out-coached

vs Dallas - Bills actually had the chance in this game, but Jimmy just pounded the ball (KS shoulda done this agains KC) over and over and over and over and over and over in the 4th QTR and that's how they won the game..
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

Yeah, tough analogy for me. One could use an almost identical argument with regards to Dan Reeves. Dude won a ton of games, had Elway, couldn't seal the deal. Shottenheimer too. But once Mike Shanahan took over, the hardware came. Kyle IS one of the best in the league, and we're damn lucky to have him. Can't even say how excited I am to see what Kyle and Trey are about do.

Reeves was a outstanding HC, how many times did he go to the Super Bowl but just faced a great team..

Shottenheimer was a good coach who was a GREAT MOTIVATOR... but the guy played NOT TO LOSE and that was his undoing..

Norv, Costlet, Coryell, Wyche, Martz, June Jones, are very good OCs and Kyle sits in the same room with them..
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
9er fans if Kyle goes to the playoffs and wins 10 games the next two yrs with no super bowl…

like the early 2000s, Tomsula farting at pressers, and Chip Kelly playing Blaine Gabbert never happened

Erickson won wherever he went in college... he didn't have a chance w/the 49ers because of Donahue...

are you even aware that Bill Walsh was the one who pushed the front office to hire Donahue?

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Originally posted by Monsterniner:

I see it in the other way: those dumb Dolphins wasted Marino´s career because they were too affraid of firing Shula because of the undefeated season.

It was clear that in his last 10 or 15 seasons that Shula was done but the Dolphins didn´t do what they needed because of something that happened in 1972.

Why was it clear he was done? He was still winning a ton of games.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by thl408:

SUpER BoLe iN 2 yeArs oR eLse!!!

Kyle turned a s**thole roster into a contender within 3 years while redeveloping the team culture, churning out head coaches from his tree, but if he doesn't win a SB with a second year starting QB he needs to get the axe. wtf am I reading?

You're reading a bunch of nonsense.

Its crazy how MFers in here put words in my mouth because they get triggered by my post. I never used the words fire, axe or any other verb that would describe getting rid of Shanahan. Stop acting like little b***hes.
BUFFALO was not a sorry bunch tho, getting to the Super Bowl 4 in a row was really an accomplishment... Levy did a great job IMO.

vs the Giants - it was just Wide Right.. this coulda happened to a couple of New England's Super Bowl wins.

vs Washington - the Redskins was just the better team

vs Dallas - 1st match up was pretty much even, but Levy just got out-coached

vs Dallas - Bills actually had the chance in this game, but Jimmy just pounded the ball (KS shoulda done this agains KC) over and over and over and over and over and over in the 4th QTR and that's how they won the game..

I wouldn't call SF a sorry bunch either under kyle.

again go look at how KC played SF in the 2nd half. I showed you clips. They sold out on the run. They were stacking the box and blitzing all day. Running the ball in a cloud of smoke for 1 yard isn't winning you s**t when Mahomes is on the other end.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Its crazy how MFers in here put words in my mouth because they get triggered by my post. I never used the words fire, axe or any other verb that would describe getting rid of Shanahan. Stop acting like little b***hes.

Oh calm down. You're the one talking about weird what abouts like having kyle be the HC for 20 yrs without winning a SB. I simply said would you still want Kyle as your HC if he won a super bowl early but nothing for a decade after? Because there's a s**t ton of good HC currently in the position.

you can be a really f**king good HC and not win a Super Bowl. End of the day all it takes is one play to change everything…. Julian Edelman's amazing catch, missed bill's FG, aaron Donald pressure on Burrow with Chase wide open downfield, von Miller strip sack, eli manning tossing passes off dudes helmets for 3rd down winning drives etc etc. most of that has zero to do with coaching…
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 14, 2022 at 4:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone