49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• thl408
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by thl408:
After Don Shula won his last Super bowl in 1973 he didn't win another super bowl until he retired in 1995. That's with Marino for 13 yrs. In those 22 seasons of not winning a SB, he only had two sub .500 seasons…but he should have been fired apparently.

SUpER BoLe iN 2 yeArs oR eLse!!!

9er fans if Kyle goes to the playoffs and wins 10 games the next two yrs with no super bowl…

like the early 2000s, Tomsula farting at pressers, and Chip Kelly playing Blaine Gabbert never happened

Kyle turned a s**thole roster into a contender within 3 years while redeveloping the team culture, churning out head coaches from his tree, but if he doesn't win a SB with a second year starting QB he needs to get the axe. wtf am I reading?

You're reading a bunch of nonsense.

Its crazy how MFers in here put words in my mouth because they get triggered by my post. I never used the words fire, axe or any other verb that would describe getting rid of Shanahan. Stop acting like little b***hes.

You talk about putting words in your mouth then say this, "It seems like you all would rather have Kyle for 2 decades than to win a SB."

That's not where we're at. We are at 2 NFCCGs in 5 years after a complete roster rebuild. Let's talk about reality instead of make believe land where we fast forward 15 years. lol at calling us out as little b***hes yet you're ready to lose patience with a coach that brought credibility back to the franchise - within five years of taking the job.
You guys are so triggered

Originally posted by 9moon:
BUFFALO was not a sorry bunch tho, getting to the Super Bowl 4 in a row was really an accomplishment... Levy did a great job IMO.

vs the Giants - it was just Wide Right.. this coulda happened to a couple of New England's Super Bowl wins.

vs Washington - the Redskins was just the better team

vs Dallas - 1st match up was pretty much even, but Levy just got out-coached

vs Dallas - Bills actually had the chance in this game, but Jimmy just pounded the ball (KS shoulda done this agains KC) over and over and over and over and over and over in the 4th QTR and that's how they won the game..

I wouldn't call SF a sorry bunch either under kyle.

again go look at how KC played SF in the 2nd half. I showed you clips. They sold out on the run. They were stacking the box and blitzing all day. Running the ball in a cloud of smoke for 1 yard isn't winning you s**t when Mahomes is on the other end.

You're making it sound like Mahomes is Joe Montana...

ONLY C. Collinsworth gets to say that " have you taken a look who's on the other end ? " and that will forever be for Montana ONLY...

Had KS learned what to do after the Atlanta (SB) Fiasco, maybe he would have thought that running the ball was the best way.. and had we ran the ball with his SO CALLED creativity and gotten the 1st down, Mahomes' name woulda been in the same discussion as Jim Kelly or Dan Marino and even an early Elway career because he would have been 0-2 in the Super Bowl.

You didn't seem to mind that we took the ball from Grappy's hand and ran it down in GB's throat all day long, but yet you give your BEST FOOTBALL COACH EVER (KS10) the thumbs up on calling several pass plays because KC loaded up the LOS?
  • thl408
Sorry YACbro, went back to read what you said and you didn't say to fire Kyle if he doesn't win a SB within two years. I still think it's impatient to put that type of goal in place (win SB or you'll start to lose your patience with Kyle), but I won't tell you how to feel. I think him successfully rebuilding the team, in what I think is a fairly short time, should earn him some leeway. You're giving Lance one year to get acclimated to the NFL as a starter then expecting a SB win in Lance's second year as starter. To me, this tells me you are giving Kyle a ton of credit towards building this roster since you expect a QB to win it all so early in his career.

While Kyle has been an NFL coach for a long time, he's still learning as a head coach. In his two biggest losses as a head coach (SB and Rams NFCCG), he was in it till the end so he wasn't exactly getting outclassed by Reid/McVay.
Shanny.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Shanny.

Totally agree

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆soon Kyle will add another 🏆

🤞🤞🤞
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Shanny.

Totally agree

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆soon Kyle will add another 🏆

🤞🤞🤞

Shanahan isn't perfect. Some of his decisions, especially being overly conservative 4th downs, have been frustrating as hell. That said, his flaws pale in comparison to what he brings to the table and I can't imagine wanting to move on. We were a joke of a franchise with almost no talent on either side of the ball when Kyle got here. Now, Kyle and Lynch have built us into one of the best teams on and off the field.

Losing the Super Bowl and the NFCC sucked hard (the SB especially, I never expected to be in the NFCC), but we were only a few plays away from winning either game. It's silly to act like Kyle can't win a SB when the randomness of the game could easily have swung those games in our favor.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Shanahan isn't perfect. Some of his decisions, especially being overly conservative 4th downs, have been frustrating as hell. That said, his flaws pale in comparison to what he brings to the table and I can't imagine wanting to move on. We were a joke of a franchise with almost no talent on either side of the ball when Kyle got here. Now, Kyle and Lynch have built us into one of the best teams on and off the field.

Losing the Super Bowl and the NFCC sucked hard (the SB especially, I never expected to be in the NFCC), but we were only a few plays away from winning either game. It's silly to act like Kyle can't win a SB when the randomness of the game could easily have swung those games in our favor.

All he needs is and elite MVP QB and a lead in the 4Q and it's game over...for him.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 14, 2022 at 11:48 AM ]

No doubt, and that's why It's Important for us to hold on to Shanny for as long as possible. Like you mentioned, he has some flaws ( can Improve on ) I'd rather have a coach like Kyle, flaws and all, than go back to being In the basement, like we was under, Tomsula, Chip Kelly, ect. It feels good to be relevant again and always In the mix come end of the season. After all, It's much better to be competing for super bowls than It was competing for the number 1 draft pick every year. Only time will tell If Kyle has what It takes to win a super bow of not. That's what separates the good coaches from the great ones.

Originally posted by NCommand:
All he needs is and elite MVP QB and a lead in the 4Q and it's game over...for him.

Lol not Kyle's finest moment. I see him learning from that experience... Eventually.
  • thl408

Honestly, if Mike Person knew to punch Chris Jones in the ribs to get his hands down and prevent a couple blocked passes, I think we could be sitting here talking about Questfor7.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Lol not Kyle's finest moment. I see him learning from that experience... Eventually.

Hmmm! He got roasted after that game for not running the football. Getting roasted this offseason for not passing the football.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Hmmm! He got roasted after that game for not running the football. Getting roasted this offseason for not passing the football.

We'll see what type of game plan he calls now that he has his chosen QB at the helm. Assuming we're In the playoffs to begin with that Is.

Honestly, if Mike Person knew to punch Chris Jones in the ribs to get his hands down and prevent a couple blocked passes, I think we could be sitting here talking about Questfor7.

For real. Or just no injury to Richburg too. Those were 3rd down knock downs to open receivers. So frustrating.
Share 49ersWebzone