LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 192 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Again this debate about Shanahan good lord...Jed listen to me and don´t let that guy leave the building.
It was a mistake to let Mike go to the Broncos. That shoud not happen again.

He'll be getting a 100 year extension once he wins the Lombardi this year.
as a member who pays part of his salary, i don't object to that idea
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
lol a grocery list

if that list was a true problem..we shouldn't have won any games let alone make it to the NFCCG on the road

It's just a comprehensive list of issues we've demonstrated as consistent issues as a team and factors in losses. I just apply it to each game by line item...in some games some items remained and others didn't apply that week (or even were strengths).
oh..well then you can do that with every team and get the same list

You probably could but this is just pared down to 'our' list. And honestly, it just helps me ensure I look at everything and not get too caught up in just one aspect.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 17, 2022 at 8:37 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
But I thought everything comes down to an elite QB (+ luck)?

This is so confusing!

It's so much easier to just blame the QB for everything.

Would you not call Edelman's catch a bit lucky? How about Eli Manning's two SB wins and those throws? I'd say there's a bit of luck in being able to complete those passes. That's stuff that goes outside of just play calling.

I'm pointing out the collection of ONE plays that can ultimately change the outcome of a game....f**k yes having a great QB can sway those situations and if you don't think that, then I don't know what to tell you. There's a reason why they make the most money in the NFL. You think NE wins that super bowl vs ATL if they don't have Brady who tossed up 500 yards? Bill hasn't won a playoff game without Brady. McVay couldn't take it to the next level with Goff. Bengals haven't sniffed a Super Bowl until Burrow showed up. We saw what Mahomes did when they needed a play after s**t broke down. Bills were a laughing stock for over a decade, they had 16 straight seasons of missing the playoffs. Now with Allen (and a damn good HC) they're gonna constantly be in discussion to be contenders. We're about to see Seattle become a bottom feeder with Wilson gone.

Why can't you accept the fact that there's a hierarchy of what matters in the NFL and right at the freaking top is the QB position. Yes I agree you need people to execute across the board. If there's a team that accentuates over the past 4 years it's SF. Everyone has to be perfect when your QB is a game manager.

Of course a top QB can play a major part in a Superbowl. LOL. That's never been in question.

The issue with you is that's all you can see. A top QB isn't going to play at a top level every game.

For instance, you quickly defer to the defense as the main reason Kyle lost but are unwilling to look at Kyle himself or Ryan at the same micro-level you do with a QB named Jimmy Garoppolo. You wouldn't dare factor in our defense collapsing, giving up 21 points in 5 minutes in the same manner.

Had you ACTUALLY been able to be objective, you'd see that the defense, play calling, OL (esp. Mack's injury and an inability to run block), Ryan (taking a massive no-no sack that turned the whole momentum around), etc. ALL contributed to that EPIC historic collapse.

And that was with your MVP Elite QB + luck.

Now we'll get to see if you start objectively reviewing all our other team issues now that Trey is here; a QB you like. If you can't, you'll remain far too QB-centric IMHO. If so, now you're finally seeing the team sport better (and our team's issues/trends, specifically)...which makes for far better quality and quantity conversations.

I love the NC - NY85 debates. I always learn a ton from these two. I have great respect for both. NY85 & NC

PS this is *how* debates *should* ideally go. Both sides presented their side with facts and figures and logic. No ad hominims here at all.

Haha. Yeah, we don't exactly beat around the bush.

Now that Trey is the man, I can't wait for the new discussions.
lol a grocery list

if that list was a true problem..we shouldn't have won any games let alone make it to the NFCCG on the road

It's just a comprehensive list of issues we've demonstrated as consistent issues as a team and factors in losses. I just apply it to each game by line item...in some games some items remained and others didn't apply that week (or even were strengths).
oh..well then you can do that with every team and get the same list

You probably could but this is just pared down to 'our' list. And honestly, it just helps me ensure I look at everything and not get too caught up in just one aspect.
there my friend is why you can't see the main issue .

Top of that list has clearly been QB…just look at the teams record when we're tossing out backup level talent at QB vs a guy that actually is a starter even if it's at an avg level.

you can toss in play by play issues that helped lead to a loss, but in the grand scheme of wins and losses we know what mattered most. Give Kyle a FQB and we probably have two rings.

You know my stance once Lance has 4 yrs of play under his belt I will critique him at the same level as Jimmy. You'd also hope that freed up cash would help with building & maintaining a good roster.

I'm still scratching my head with the center position

You know my stance once Lance has 4 yrs of play under his belt I will critique him at the same level as Jimmy. You'd also hope that freed up cash would help with building & maintaining a good roster.

I'm still scratching my head with the center position

Listen to KS. No scratching required. Mack was 63 yrs old last year, and they were fully confident in Brendel if anything happened to Mack. The fact they are not panicking into signing a FA or drafting a center high is telling. Tells me Brendel is legit.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
The main reason the team made it to the NFCCG last season was Demeco Ryans and his defense, but some people here are not ready to hear truths.

(Offense was putrid in the playoffs).
[ Edited by Koldo on Jun 17, 2022 at 9:11 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
He needs to get tips from Bochy and Kerr on how to coach a dynasty team. The 49ers are the blackeye of the bay area. SMH. (well, they are not oakland A's bad)

Warriors Draymond mentioned the 49ers in his podcast - so I don't think the Warriors view the 49ers as a black eye of the bay area.

Lol imagine saying a team that's been to a SB and NFCC in the past 3 yrs is the black eye of the Bay Area…the warriors had the worst record in the league 2 yrs ago. They were not good last yr. The NBA and tream building isn't remotely close to the same as the NFL.
Originally posted by Koldo:
The main reason the team made it to the NFCCG last season was Demeco Ryans and his defense, but some people here are not ready to hear truths.

K dude lol

• Koldo
  • Veteran

K dude lol

Case in point.
imagine being so butt hurt over Kyle Shanahan that you've missed a dumpster fire roster turn into a top end team who's constantly been competitive when the team actually has a startable player at the most important position in sports….imagine being so butt hurt over Kyle that you've missed half the damn league trying to replicate and poach shanahan schemes and disciples?

Open your eyes

(Offense was putrid in the playoffs).

You aren't wrong. Take away that ST's TD against the packers and the offense averaged 15.33 ppg while the defense gave up an average of only 15.66 ppg.
imagine being so butt hurt over Kyle Shanahan that you've missed a dumpster fire roster turn into a top end team who's constantly been competitive when the team actually has a startable player at the most important position in sports….imagine being so butt hurt over Kyle that you've missed half the damn league trying to replicate and poach shanahan schemes and disciples?

Open your eyes

KS I am a fan of.. I was a fan of Mike when he was OC.. don't gloss over JL tho.. KS coaches.. a lot of that roster building and team building.. that credit goes to JL.. I hear you tho.. without KS who would be coaching.. we've had our share of complete duds
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
KS I am a fan of.. I was a fan of Mike when he was OC.. don't gloss over JL tho.. KS coaches.. a lot of that roster building and team building.. that credit goes to JL.. I hear you tho.. without KS who would be coaching.. we've had our share of complete duds

Imo most of the roster building good and bad goes through kyle. Everyone has a say and there's constant communication from the scouts, GM, Assistant GM, VP of personnel etc but imo the man at the top is kyle. It really sounds like that have good relationships top to bottom there and for the most part it's not a dictatorship but there is a hierarchy.
Share 49ersWebzone