There are 217 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Koldo:
Unlike you, I'm not content with Kyle being labeled as "the best young mind in football" by NFL Network hosts or media pundits.

I only care about the team winning the Super Bowl. And so far he's fallen short of expectations.

Unlike you I'm realistic. I see 32 HCs in the league and a good portion of them shouldn't be. I see turnover after turnover every off season at that job. It's a difficult job and I think our HC is damn good at it. A ton of fans from other teams would kill to have him as their HC.

you would have wished away guys like Tomlin/Harbs/Payton/Reid for not winning a SB in over a decade at one point in their career. You would want guys like Sean McDermott/LaFleur/Vrabel and up until this yr McVay fired all the same.

25 of the 32 HCs in the league currently haven't won a SB (as a HC).

it's like you forget that it does take more being a good coach to win a Super Bowl.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 17, 2022 at 10:47 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
And that was with the defense being 15th in the RZ and 17th on 3rd downs. Imagine if they shore up those two issues!

3rd down defense was an issue for sure
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by miked1978:
One could also argue Kyle has dedicated the resources into making his defense a top defensive unit. Not sure if you are trying to discredit Kyle of not but the majority of his top draft picks and free agents have been on the defensive side of the ball.

He's been trying to discredit our HC for a while

Unlike you, I'm not content with Kyle being labeled as "the best young mind in football" by NFL Network hosts or media pundits.

I only care about the team winning the Super Bowl. And so far he's fallen short of expectations.

I foresee this changing over the next 2-3 years. Kyle has a stacked roster and his hand picked QB now. Kyle may not have any more excuses left barring any major injuries but I feel confident enough to say that he won't need any excuses either.

One can only hope.

I mean, this will be his sixth year as head coach, it's not like he's still learning the ropes.
One could also argue Kyle has dedicated the resources into making his defense a top defensive unit. Not sure if you are trying to discredit Kyle of not but the majority of his top draft picks and free agents have been on the defensive side of the ball.

I foresee this changing over the next 2-3 years. Kyle has a stacked roster and his hand picked QB now. Kyle may not have any more excuses left barring any major injuries but I feel confident enough to say that he won't need any excuses either.

One can only hope.

I mean, this will be his sixth year as head coach, it's not like he's still learning the ropes.
you speak as if we never sniffed the playoffs lol
One can only hope.

We went to 2 NFCCGs with a sandwich artist. We have one of the most inventive run games in the league. Look at the assistants he has. He started his own coaching tree with multiple assistants now HCs elsewhere and look at Ryans. He just needs Jed to say in the 4th and on 4th downs.. grow a pair.. this franchise doesn't punt.. punts are turnovers.. we play to win.
And that was with the defense being 15th in the RZ and 17th on 3rd downs. Imagine if they shore up those two issues!

I was a bit surprised by the RZ defense. I didn't know that one.
The main reason the team made it to the NFCCG last season was Demeco Ryans and his defense, but some people here are not ready to hear truths.

(Offense was putrid in the playoffs).

You aren't wrong. Take away that ST's TD against the packers and the offense averaged 15.33 ppg while the defense gave up an average of only 15.66 ppg.

They may have that issue solved now that they have a guy who can man up on the outside. I remember seeing our corners getting beat 1v1 on the outside in the endzone a lot. It will help having a pass rusher opposite Bosa for 3rd downs if Drake Jackson turns out to be that guy.

100%!
The main reason the team made it to the NFCCG last season was Demeco Ryans and his defense, but some people here are not ready to hear truths.

You aren't wrong. Take away that ST's TD against the packers and the offense averaged 15.33 ppg while the defense gave up an average of only 15.66 ppg.

They may have that issue solved now that they have a guy who can man up on the outside. I remember seeing our corners getting beat 1v1 on the outside in the endzone a lot. It will help having a pass rusher opposite Bosa for 3rd downs if Drake Jackson turns out to be that guy.

100%!
no no NC..you have the secondary on your list remember.. adding DL doesn't help that and is why we lose all the time

He's gone you guys can relax
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

100%!
no no NC..you have the secondary on your list remember.. adding DL doesn't help that and is why we lose all the time

Haha. My man.

• Koldo
  • Veteran

One can only hope.

Then I guess we should raise "NFC Playoff Team" and "NFC Finalist" banners.

One can only hope.

what does that have to do with what you said
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

He's gone you guys can relax

but who's gonna get all the forced fumbles

One can only hope.

No. That's Detroit Lion / Cleveland Brown mentality.

"It's up to us to make sure we compete for and win Super Bowls" "That's our only goal. We don't raise division championship banners, we don't raise NFC Championship banners. We raise Super Bowl banners."

- Jed York
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

One can only hope.

No. That's Detroit Lion / Cleveland Brown mentality.

"It's up to us to make sure we compete for and win Super Bowls" "That's our only goal. We don't raise division championship banners, we don't raise NFC Championship banners. We raise Super Bowl banners."

- Jed York

Exactly my point.
Share 49ersWebzone