Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by miked1978:
One could also argue Kyle has dedicated the resources into making his defense a top defensive unit. Not sure if you are trying to discredit Kyle of not but the majority of his top draft picks and free agents have been on the defensive side of the ball.

He's been trying to discredit our HC for a while

Unlike you, I'm not content with Kyle being labeled as "the best young mind in football" by NFL Network hosts or media pundits.

I only care about the team winning the Super Bowl. And so far he's fallen short of expectations.

I foresee this changing over the next 2-3 years. Kyle has a stacked roster and his hand picked QB now. Kyle may not have any more excuses left barring any major injuries but I feel confident enough to say that he won't need any excuses either.

One can only hope.

I mean, this will be his sixth year as head coach, it's not like he's still learning the ropes.
you speak as if we never sniffed the playoffs lol

Then I guess we should raise "NFC Playoff Team" and "NFC Finalist" banners.

No. That's Detroit Lion / Cleveland Brown mentality.

"It's up to us to make sure we compete for and win Super Bowls" "That's our only goal. We don't raise division championship banners, we don't raise NFC Championship banners. We raise Super Bowl banners."

- Jed York

Exactly my point.
what is your point !?!

that's what i'm trying to get...just say and stop beating around the bush
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jun 17, 2022 at 11:55 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
what is your point !?!

that's what i'm trying to get...just say and stop beating around the bush

He never really wanted Kyle and regardless of him refusing to use any context in regards to the past 5 years....they didn't win a SB, so she should be fired.

Like I said he would then think Tomlin/Harbs/Payton should have all been fired by now. They haven't won s**t in over a decade. Vrabel and McDermott haven't even been to a super bowl to even lose it, same with LaFluer (f**k those records). Fire them all! He would have already fired McVay, so he wouldn't even had a chance to get Stafford and win according to the way he evaluates head coaches. THREE POINTS in a Super Bowl?! Step into Koldo's office. Why? because your f**king fired lol.

Koldo wouldn't even have hired Reid in the first place....20 years and no Super Bowl? Thanks for showing up in your hawaiian shirt Andy, now get out of my office. NEXT!

The league is starving for good young HCs. 25 of the 32 current HCs have never won a Super Bowl as a HC. We see half a dozen HCs get fired every yr AND guess who they're all trying to find? The next Shanny or disciple from him and we got a couple fans with the audacity to think he's not good enough to be the head coach of the Niners. please.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 17, 2022 at 1:18 PM ]
He never really wanted Kyle and regardless of him refusing to use any context in regards to the past 5 years....they didn't win a SB, so she should be fired.

Like I said he would then think Tomlin/Harbs/Payton should have all been fired by now. They haven't won s**t in over a decade. Vrabel and McDermott haven't even been to a super bowl to even lose it, same with LaFluer (f**k those records). Fire them all! He would have already fired McVay, so he wouldn't even had a chance to get Stafford and win according to the way he evaluates head coaches. THREE POINTS in a Super Bowl?! Step into Koldo's office. Why? because your f**king fired lol.

Koldo wouldn't even have hired Reid in the first place....20 years and no Super Bowl? Thanks for showing up in your hawaiian shirt Andy, now get out of my office. NEXT!

The league is starving for good young HCs. 25 of the 32 current HCs have never won a Super Bowl as a HC. We see half a dozen HCs get fired every yr AND guess who they're all trying to find? The next Shanny or disciple from him and we got a couple fans with the audacity to think he's not good enough to be the head coach of the Niners. please.

PJ Fleck. It's happening. Just ignore the Bowling Green score.
I just want to revisit the folks on here back in the day that sided with Baalke and said we needed to can Harbs. That still bothers me. Ya'll had it wrong. Nearly threw us right back in the dark ages.. til we got KS. If you wanted Harbs canned.. plz step forward.. so I can proceed to block / mute as warranted..
I just want to revisit the folks on here back in the day that sided with Baalke and said we needed to can Harbs. That still bothers me. Ya'll had it wrong. Nearly threw us right back in the dark ages.. til we got KS. If you wanted Harbs canned.. plz step forward.. so I can proceed to block / mute as warranted..

I loved Harbaugh and his brand of football. I did not want to see him go. The only issues I had with him was his temper tantrums on the sideline and the delay of game/wasted timeouts.

Both Baalke and Harbaugh should've been canned and we should've hired Kyle from Cleveland in 2015.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Both Baalke and Harbaugh should've been canned and we should've hired Kyle from Cleveland in 2015.

This. I wanted Mike as HC and Kyle as the OC and incumbent HC. Genius. Plus Fangio would have stayed too. That might have been enough for a top GM to come here too.

The irony of Harbs is had he stayed with momentum and not called a TO on that Kaepernick-keeper, we might already have #6. But of course, he was a cluster duck of organization with his hodge podge offense and play calling in system. Game over.

Jim Bo Schembechler Harbaugh
Originally posted by YACBros85:

I loved Harbaugh and his brand of football. I did not want to see him go. The only issues I had with him was his temper tantrums on the sideline and the delay of game/wasted timeouts.

I liked Harbs too, but I didn't see the 9ers winning a super bowl anytime soon with him as head coach. His conservative approach to the game and being to reliant on the Defense was frustrating to watch at times.
Originally posted by NCommand:
This. I wanted Mike as HC and Kyle as the OC and incumbent HC. Genius. Plus Fangio would have stayed too. That might have been enough for a top GM to come here too.

The irony of Harbs is had he stayed with momentum and not called a TO on that Kaepernick-keeper, we might already have #6. But of course, he was a cluster duck of organization with his hodge podge offense and play calling in system. Game over.

We'd most likely have #6, 7 and 8 If we had gone with that plan. Mike, Kyle and Fangio as our coaches. . Instead, we decided to hire good ol' Tomsula

Agreed. It was so many ppl riding with Baalke and excusing his deteriorating draft classes. JH wasn't perfect but they choose the wrong guy at that time.

• Koldo
  • Veteran

OK, that was funny.

In fact, I would use context as you suggest:

Going into their sixth year:

Andy - > 4 seasons with 11+ wins in 5 years; 9 playoff games (5-4) and an NFCCG appearance.

Your job is safe, Andy.

Sean - > 5 winning seasons (4 of them with 10+ wins); 10 playoff games (7-3); 2 Super Bowl appearances and one title.

Keep up the good work, Sean.

Kyle - > 2 winning seasons with 10+ wins (3 seasons with 10+ losses); 6 playoff games (4-2); 2 NFCCG and 1 Super Bowl appearance (and 2 major choke jobs).

This shiny new toy of yours better work out within the next two seasons, Kyle, or you're gone.

OK, that was funny.

Andy - > 4 seasons with 11+ wins in 5 years; 9 playoff games (5-4) and an NFCCG appearance.

Your job is safe, Andy.

Sean - > 5 winning seasons (4 of them with 10+ wins); 10 playoff games (7-3); 2 Super Bowl appearances and one title.

Kyle - > 2 winning seasons with 10+ wins (3 seasons with 10+ losses); 6 playoff games (4-2); 2 NFCCG and 1 Super Bowl appearance (and 2 major choke jobs).

This shiny new toy of yours better work out within the next two seasons, Kyle, or you're gone.

You have to look at some of the context.. 2017 we were not equipped for success. 2018 and 2020 JG injuries. Now if you wanted to say that the HC has a responsibility to keep his players safe, especially our major assets.. that would be something to discuss. If I'm the HC I am telling JG once we sign him for $137,000,000.. I say hey JG we are fining your behind if you take unnecessary contact.

Go back to 2018 vs Chiefs he had the boundary and chose not to take it. Career altering injury before the ink dried on the megadeal. Either KS didn't tell him to avoid those hits or he did tell him but didn't get the point home.. either way.. not good. Even this year watch the injury vs Titans.. JG holding the ball for an eternity.. not going to a hot read or throwing away.. he had those issues for years.. and we never got it fixed.. coaching point that did not get cleaned up..

Even look at Deebo.. his usage was problematic.. to the point where Deebo doesn't want to be wideback anymore (?)

Or TL's usage in the ARZ game.. ran the kid into brick walls..

OK, that was funny.

Your job is safe, Andy.

You literally said it's about winning Super Bowls not NFCC lol?

"Then I guess we should raise "NFC Playoff Team" and "NFC Finalist" banners."

now here you are saying you wouldn't fire HCs that have done the same s**t.

McVay didn't win one until Stafford got there. You want to talk about chock jobs he scored 3 f**king points lol. That's gotta be the worst ever in SB history.

Took Reid 20 yrs. He was the king of choke jobs. You would have wanted him gone LONG AGO if you're sticking to your point.

Tomlin/Harbs/Payton haven't won one for over a decade (two with HOF QBs), you would want them fired. No title….time to go according to you. Without question you'd want Sean McDermott, Matt LaFleur and Mike Vrabel gone by now….they haven't even made it to a SB (two with elite QBs). Trash if you're sticking to the same principles.

You don't get to pick and choose when you want to use context. When Kyle has had at the very least a avg starting NFL QB, he's won a s**t ton of games.

for once SF has stability at the HC position and here you are trying to s**t on it because you got some bias opinion on him. Lol yeah okay dude.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 17, 2022 at 4:24 PM ]
You have to look at some of the context.. 2017 we were not equipped for success. 2018 and 2020 JG injuries. Now if you wanted to say that the HC has a responsibility to keep his players safe, especially our major assets.. that would be something to discuss. If I'm the HC I am telling JG once we sign him for $137,000,000.. I say hey JG we are fining your behind if you take unnecessary contact.

Go back to 2018 vs Chiefs he had the boundary and chose not to take it. Career altering injury before the ink dried on the megadeal. Either KS didn't tell him to avoid those hits or he did tell him but didn't get the point home.. either way.. not good. Even this year watch the injury vs Titans.. JG holding the ball for an eternity.. not going to a hot read or throwing away.. he had those issues for years.. and we never got it fixed.. coaching point that did not get cleaned up..

Even look at Deebo.. his usage was problematic.. to the point where Deebo doesn't want to be wideback anymore (?)

Or TL's usage in the ARZ game.. ran the kid into brick walls..

He only uses context when it suits his narrative.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by NCommand:

We'd most likely have #6, 7 and 8 If we had gone with that plan. Mike, Kyle and Fangio as our coaches. . Instead, we decided to hire good ol' Tomsula

Sigh.
Share 49ersWebzone