49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by boast:
in the Falcons loss to the Pats in SB LI, everyone claims Kyle's playcalling was too aggressive.

It wasn't too aggressive... he just did not know what to do when the heat was ON !!

agreed, he wasn't throwing the ball and coaching at the same time... kinda like here where Jimmy didn't let kyle throw the ball when the heat was on!!

Right though? If guys are open and the QB refuses to pull the trigger, I don't see how that is the playcaller's fault.

Because after 5 seasons that's the guy that play caller chose.

not too many organizations will let a coach continue to bumble his way thru seasons.

up next, a QB who played the least amount of football out of any QB the last 3 years.

y'all love this guy so much you just don't see the obvious mistakes he continues to make.

That's what I've been saying.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results Is the definition of Insanity.

Thankfully, 2022 will be a new beginning of a new story, hopefully with a better ending.
[ Edited by Sickaa on Jun 25, 2022 at 12:31 PM ]
in the Falcons loss to the Pats in SB LI, everyone claims Kyle's playcalling was too aggressive.

It wasn't too aggressive... he just did not know what to do when the heat was ON !!

agreed, he wasn't throwing the ball and coaching at the same time... kinda like here where Jimmy didn't let kyle throw the ball when the heat was on!!

Right though? If guys are open and the QB refuses to pull the trigger, I don't see how that is the playcaller's fault.

not too many organizations will let a coach continue to bumble his way thru seasons.

up next, a QB who played the least amount of football out of any QB the last 3 years.

y'all love this guy so much you just don't see the obvious mistakes he continues to make.

So you don't like Shanahan? Jimmy G gets a pass on both of his choke jobs? You don't like Trey Lance? Does that about sum it up for you?
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jun 25, 2022 at 7:22 AM ]

So you don't like Shanahan? Jimmy G gets a pass on both of his choke jobs? You don't like Trey Lance? Does that about sum it up for you?

We actually have a few people that would rather keep Jimmy and get rid of Kyle.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

lol RackofLamb

LOL... not that they don't see it, they just REFUSE to .. it's that easy...

they continue to blame the QB when the HC had his chances to replace him with another QB..

Kyle is the most overrated HC I've ever seen since Kyle..

they continue to blame the QB when the HC had his chances to replace him with another QB..

He did replace him with another QB and paid a high price to do so. Now we have to see if it's the right guy. Jimmy only had one completely healthy season. Two ended very early and last year he was injured for the final few games. It's not like Kyle was watching a healthy guy that just couldn't get the job done. In the end I think the injuries played almost as big a part in the decision to draft Lance as Jimmy's erratic play.

He gave Jimmy every chance he could. You may think he waited too long but I wouldn't call 3 years too long. I would rather he gave his QB every chance instead of making quick decisions and jumping from one guy to the next. 2021 presented the best opportunity to land a top QB since 2020 was such a bad year.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

He did replace him with another QB and paid a high price to do so. Now we have to see if it's the right guy. Jimmy only had one completely healthy season. Two ended very early and last year he was injured for the final few games. It's not like Kyle was watching a healthy guy that just couldn't get the job done. In the end I think the injuries played almost as big a part in the decision to draft Lance as Jimmy's erratic play.

He gave Jimmy every chance he could. You may think he waited too long but I wouldn't call 3 years too long. I would rather he gave his QB every chance instead of making quick decisions and jumping from one guy to the next. 2021 presented the best opportunity to land a top QB since 2020 was such a bad year.

I'm not talking about Baby Face Lance.. I was talking about Brady...

but as always, these worshipers just continue to NOT fault KS10 for that..
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

lol RackofLamb

Jiks is banned again lol. I'm sure he will be back soon.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

lol RackofLamb

He Gone. Not around here no more.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I'm not talking about Baby Face Lance.. I was talking about Brady...

but as always, these worshipers just continue to NOT fault KS10 for that..

Tom Brady will never be a 49er so GET OVER IT already.

Moon, what an incredibly erroneous statement to make. You seem to be forgetting kyle came to a team with 2 legit starters…Buck on D and Staley on O. Other than that we had NO talent. By 2nd yr, at start of season, 33 of the 45 slots had been cut/traded, whatever. At start of 3rd yr we were down to just a handful of original 9er players. In fact, JL/KS completely revamped a talentless team in 3 yrs, an amazing feat.

Surely you haven't forgotten that within the first 5 yrs here, we just came off a NFCCG appearance and 2 yrs before had been in the SB. Yes we lost 'em both but in both games we were injured , and over those yrs we were the most injured team in the NFL, going back 8 yrs. The fact we made it to the SB and NFCCG with all the injuries is just a testament to exactly how good a HC kyle is. No one else has taken a team with virtually no starters and within 5 yrs has gotten to the title game or the next to last game…which in both cases we limped into the final NFC and title game.

In both cases, those were feats nothing short of miraculous. I guess you have also forgotten the incredible flunky coaches we have had during the previous 16 yrs prior to his arrival. We stunk. Our HCs were laughable. Our team, no thanks to horrible coaching, went from powerhouse to outhouse. And we stayed that way basically from turn of century until 2 yrs into Kyle's regime. We did have 1 good yr under harbaw but that was it.

Just a suggestion , moon, but since you have forgotten, go dig up some film of what really bad coaches look like from 2000- 2016 end of season. If you want to call kyle over rated, have at it. But you are making yourself look foolish in doing so. Look at what we have now and recall back after Seifert and before kyle and you will be looking at some incredibly horrible coaches. You seem to be looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Moon, what an incredibly erroneous statement to make. You seem to be forgetting kyle came to a team with 2 legit starters…Buck on D and Staley on O. Other than that we had NO talent. By 2nd yr, at start of season, 33 of the 45 slots had been cut/traded, whatever. At start of 3rd yr we were down to just a handful of original 9er players. In fact, JL/KS completely revamped a talentless team in 3 yrs, an amazing feat.

Surely you haven't forgotten that within the first 5 yrs here, we just came off a NFCCG appearance and 2 yrs before had been in the SB. Yes we lost 'em both but in both games we were injured , and over those yrs we were the most injured team in the NFL, going back 8 yrs. The fact we made it to the SB and NFCCG with all the injuries is just a testament to exactly how good a HC kyle is. No one else has taken a team with virtually no starters and within 5 yrs has gotten to the title game or the next to last game…which in both cases we limped into the final NFC and title game.

In both cases, those were feats nothing short of miraculous. I guess you have also forgotten the incredible flunky coaches we have had during the previous 16 yrs prior to his arrival. We stunk. Our HCs were laughable. Our team, no thanks to horrible coaching, went from powerhouse to outhouse. And we stayed that way basically from turn of century until 2 yrs into Kyle's regime. We did have 1 good yr under harbaw but that was it.

Just a suggestion , moon, but since you have forgotten, go dig up some film of what really bad coaches look like from 2000- 2016 end of season. If you want to call kyle over rated, have at it. But you are making yourself look foolish in doing so. Look at what we have now and recall back after Seifert and before kyle and you will be looking at some incredibly horrible coaches. You seem to be looking a gift horse in the mouth.

It's pointless. You ask him to show what he thinks should have been called on a given play with the down/distance and coverage shown and crickets.

now his new take is yeah Jimmy missed a bunch of open reads that were GOOD play calls…but it's his fault he didn't bring in a 42 yr old Brady who just came off one of his worst seasons…Monday morning QB/captain hindsight b******t. Still doesn't talk about how you pay for Brady/Jimmy (Jimmy had GTD cash after his 2019 SB run). Thinks it's Madden or something or that Kyle doesn't want a pro-bowl QB (even though that's been debunked).
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

Deer in the headlights.

Kyle always coaches scared, specially with the lead.
[ Edited by Koldo on Jun 26, 2022 at 9:17 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

It's pointless. You ask him to show what he thinks should have been called on a given play with the down/distance and coverage shown and crickets.

now his new take is yeah Jimmy missed a bunch of open reads that were GOOD play calls…but it's his fault he didn't bring in a 42 yr old Brady who just came off one of his worst seasons…Monday morning QB/captain hindsight b******t. Still doesn't talk about how you pay for Brady/Jimmy (Jimmy had GTD cash after his 2019 SB run). Thinks it's Madden or something or that Kyle doesn't want a pro-bowl QB (even though that's been debunked).

AGAIN..... more power to. you KS10 supporters if you enjoy partying ang jumping for joy and yelling " WE ALMOST WON !! WE ALMOST WON !! "
Originally posted by Koldo:

Deer in the headlights.

Kyle always coaches scared, specially with the lead.

When Kyle is agressive. He should of been more conservative and ran the ball. When Kyle is conservative. He should have been more agressive and passed the ball. Armchair playcallers always have the best game plan because hindsight is always 20/20.
Share 49ersWebzone