49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Stafford wasn't that good himself. He threw an errant psss that was Intercepted by Ward, then threw another one up for grabs later on, the one that was dropped by Tarrt. Fwiw. It's not really about the outcome of those games. It's more about the lack of production from the offense through the 4th Q of those games. There's literally no excuse not to be gaining a single yard on offense with 12 mins remaining. It doesn't help when you forget how to utilise one of the best players ( Deebo ) in the league either.

Stafford was 31/45 for 331 yards and 2 TDs and 1 INT. He led the team to 13 points in the 4th quarter. I think 49er fans would love those stats from Jimmy.

Exactly! Sure, Kyle could have called Deebo's number for a screen pass or run up the middle or something quick to get him involved. However, its not like Deebo couldn't have made a play if he was actually targeted on the typical pass plays that were called late in the game.

After re-watching the game. It would seem Kyle once again went away from what was working. We all know by now that Deebo Is at his best when you get him the ball with those quick hitters. Let him do the rest.. for whatever reason, Kyle stopped that In the 4th Q.

Ps. That 3rd and 2 run up the middle with Juice, followed by punting the ball was the bad version of Kyle. The momentum was In favour of the Rams after that.

Yup. The typical hindsight. He should have ran it when he passed it and he should have passed it when he ran it. The idea that Kyle is at fault when the passes were there to be made but the QB refused to pull the trigger is what bothers me the most.

The O line did a good job in pass pro up until the last 2 drives of the game. Even on those last 2 drives Kyle schemed guys open on short, quick throws though. Take a look at the, I believe it was the 2nd to last offensive play, where Kittle faked a pass block and was wide open in the flat for like15 yards of green grass in front of him and Jimmy didn't even look his way. Instead he was late on the throw to the rb and ended up being an incomplete pass.

I've been told that the Rams we're selling out to stop the run, because they had no fear of Jimmy beating them with his arm. So why would you take juice and expect him to pick up a first down on 3rd and 2? Then follow that with a punt. That's be conservative Imo. We had Deebo and Mitchell, but Kyle got cute again and killed the momentum.
I honestly thought Kyle did a decent job for the most part against the Rams In the NFCCG before the wheels came off In the 4th Q ( we've seen that before from Kyle's offense, regardless of who's the QB )

As for the "E.O.G" situations. We can only hope that he Improves with experience. It's hard to say how much better or worse the O-Line will be this year. As of right now, it's reasonable to think that the team could be a little worse than last season's team based on what we've done through free agency.

Fingers crossed that Lance helps Kyle out with those 4th Q struggles and we can finally referring to him as a "choke artist". Until he wins the big one. I think he'll always be labelled as that. It's brutal being a coach In this league lol

Andy was a choker until Pat Mahomes made a 3rd and 15 play. Amazing what the elite guys will do for coaching genius.
I've been told that the Rams we're selling out to stop the run, because they had no fear of Jimmy beating them with his arm. So why would you take juice and expect him to pick up a first down on 3rd and 2? Then follow that with a punt. That's be conservative Imo. We had Deebo and Mitchell, but Kyle got cute again and killed the momentum.

Because your QB was playing scared and you didn't trust him. So you were trying to coach around him.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I honestly thought Kyle did a decent job for the most part against the Rams In the NFCCG before the wheels came off In the 4th Q ( we've seen that before from Kyle's offense, regardless of who's the QB )

As for the "E.O.G" situations. We can only hope that he Improves with experience. It's hard to say how much better or worse the O-Line will be this year. As of right now, it's reasonable to think that the team could be a little worse than last season's team based on what we've done through free agency.

Fingers crossed that Lance helps Kyle out with those 4th Q struggles and we can finally referring to him as a "choke artist". Until he wins the big one. I think he'll always be labelled as that. It's brutal being a coach In this league lol

Andy was a choker until Pat Mahomes made a 3rd and 15 play. Amazing what the elite guys will do for coaching genius.

Andy Reid only got his super bowl because he was fortunate to go again Kyle. Look what happened to him next year.

Because your QB was playing scared and you didn't trust him. So you were trying to coach around him.

That's why we have Deebo. The player we forgot all about come 4th Q

Don't mind sick, he's all hindsight.. he will make up anything
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

How so? I'm only pointing out the obvious. It's all good though. I'm sure we'll be better than ever now we have Lance.

How so? I'm only pointing out the obvious. It's all good though. I'm sure we'll be better than ever now we have Lance.
pointing out what.really? everytime you get mythbusted you digress... (proof with the lance comment)

pointing out what.really? everytime you get mythbusted you digress... (proof with the lance comment)

Eh. Being outscored 59-0 through the 4th Q of games Is a myth? I guess it's easier to put all the blame on the QB and the players than it Is the coach.

Eh. Being outscored 59-0 through the 4th Q of games Is a myth? I guess it's easier to put all the blame on the QB and the players than it Is the coach.
the digression is strong

the digression is strong

whatever you say. Facts are facts.

the digression is strong

you are entitled to your own opinions, but not entitled to your own facts

the digression is strong

Most of what I've posted are facts though. Obviously some Is opinion based too. I mean it's a forum after all.

the digression is strong

Most of what I've posted are facts though. Obviously some Is opinion based too. I mean it's a forum after all.
yup.. but that 3rd and 2 Rams had 10 in the box.. the play before..10 in the box with a Kittle/Sherfield missed block

Film doesn't lie. the players need to execute

the digression is strong

yup.. but that 3rd and 2 Rams had 10 in the box.. the play before..10 in the box with a Kittle/Sherfield missed block

Film doesn't lie. the players need to execute

There were a few run plays where assignments were blown but the rams overall did a great job shutting down our run game. A run game is a numbers game and we all had the suspicion that Kyle knew defenses were starting to catch up to our run game. However, the pass game is all based on coverages and looks post snap. Kyle called passing plays that got guys open and Jimmy didn't see them. Idk what happened to Jimmy in the second half of the NFCCG but the entire offense was like that off and on throughtout the season and post season.

The defense does get some of the blame for the NFCCG loss too. They gave up the lead late in the game and missed at least one opportunity to take back the momentum. Inconsistency also plagued the defense off and on throughout the season. It was a miracle we even made it to the NFCCG. I chaulk that up to good coaching knowing how to hold everything together.

However, things are looking up in my opinion. We went out and got a guy who can man up on the outside. We now have bookend pass rushers. We have sured up the special teams. We went out and got a thumper of a running back and a deep threat wr to keep defenses honest. We are changing up the running game and we have a promising young QB who has one hell of an arsenal around him. Hopefully that highly contagious injury bug has passed on from us.

The next three seasons will tell us a lot about what type of coach Kyle Shanahan is when it comes to choosing the right players to execute this offense that he has been planning to run. Hopefully John and Kyle have made the correct chess moves over the last two off seasons. There are definitely some question marks going into this next phase of this regime. Imo, both John and Kyle have at the very least earned our patience for the next 3 seasons. I have confidence that they can get it done.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jun 27, 2022 at 1:52 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone