There are 248 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Is Kyle Shanahan the Jimmy G of HC's? Haha.

He's the Justin Herbert. You know it's coming.

Doug Marrone is the Jimmy G of HC's.

I kinda think of Jeff Fisher lol

Good ol' Marty Schottenheimer. Haha.

Love it. Can't wait!
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by 9moon:
ONLY the KS10 supporters believe that the Rams had the better team.. it gives them the excuse of why we blew out the 10 point lead... again..

Who is KS10?

Yeah we have a better team. Better coach. We absolutely whipped the Rams for 6 games in a row WITH MAJOR injuries. Not even close. Imagine playing the Rams the last 6 games (7 including the NFCCG) with any of Trent Williams Kittle Ford Verrett MM Mostert K Williams Moseley even a healthy Jimmy G and so so many more players that were out for those games

People keep saying the Rams were better in the NFCCG bc of Stafford who had trouble scoring and not throwing balls in harms way….Stafford is better than Jimmy G but let's not get it confused they were simply a LOT healthier

The Rams were better in the NFCCG because they tightened up their D and put points on the board when it counted. Stafford had 31 completions (69%) and 2 TD passes and 1 INT. More important they scored 13 in the 4th quarter when the Niners couldn't move the ball or stop them. The Rams weren't lucky. They just outplayed the Niners down the stretch.

People can blame Kyle all they want but if you fire him who are you going to get? Some college coach? An assistant that may or may not actually be head coaching material? He's the best HC we've had in years. Maybe the best since Walsh when it comes to offense.

There are no stupid questions...just stupid people who ask questions.

Wait...
Kyle needs a corndog pic with the playsheet like Alex

The JG of coaches:

Love it. Can't wait!

Lol
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Doooo it!!!
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by 9moon:
ONLY the KS10 supporters believe that the Rams had the better team.. it gives them the excuse of why we blew out the 10 point lead... again..

Who is KS10?

Yeah we have a better team. Better coach. We absolutely whipped the Rams for 6 games in a row WITH MAJOR injuries. Not even close. Imagine playing the Rams the last 6 games (7 including the NFCCG) with any of Trent Williams Kittle Ford Verrett MM Mostert K Williams Moseley even a healthy Jimmy G and so so many more players that were out for those games

People keep saying the Rams were better in the NFCCG bc of Stafford who had trouble scoring and not throwing balls in harms way….Stafford is better than Jimmy G but let's not get it confused they were simply a LOT healthier

The Rams were better in the NFCCG because they tightened up their D and put points on the board when it counted. Stafford had 31 completions (69%) and 2 TD passes and 1 INT. More important they scored 13 in the 4th quarter when the Niners couldn't move the ball or stop them. The Rams weren't lucky. They just outplayed the Niners down the stretch.

People can blame Kyle all they want but if you fire him who are you going to get? Some college coach? An assistant that may or may not actually be head coaching material? He's the best HC we've had in years. Maybe the best since Walsh when it comes to offense.

Nope. Injuries. Luck, plain and simple. We're the Rams out players like Mostert Verrett Ford Mike McGlinchey Trent Williams with one leg???

The Rams "tightened up their D?????" Yeah like they did the last 6 times we beat them? All we had to do was have a healthy Trent Williams and we easily win.

A tightened up D couldn't do jack or s**t against Trent on second and 1 or 3rd and 1. A tightened D that would of done much worse facing Mostert or MM instead of Mitchell and Compton. Come on man. You're proving my point.

You listed Stafford's stats…. Ok, could Stafford even of had those numbers if Verrett was locking down any of the rams wrs instead of Ambry Thomas who gave up 2 TDs?? Please.

Or Ford coming off the edge instead of Samson??? Please.

It's ok to admit the Rams we're lucky. That's reality. When 2 good teams play, injuries are a major major factor. The Rams outplayed A LOT of the niners BACKUPS down the stretch. Wow.

Imagine playing the rams without Ramsey Donald Akers Whitworth on one leg and their other Tackle? We would of destroyed them like we always do. Then I could say something laughable like…..we weren't lucky we just outplayed them Sorry the Rams were incredibly lucky.
[ Edited by elguapo on Jun 28, 2022 at 11:12 PM ]
Nope. Injuries. Luck, plain and simple. We're the Rams out players like Mostert Verrett Ford Mike McGlinchey Trent Williams with one leg???

The Rams "tightened up their D?????" Yeah like they did the last 6 times we beat them? All we had to do was have a healthy Trent Williams and we easily win.

A tightened up D couldn't do jack or s**t against Trent on second and 1 or 3rd and 1. A tightened D that would of done much worse facing Mostert or MM instead of Mitchell and Compton. Come on man. You're proving my point.

You listed Stafford's stats…. Ok, could Stafford even of had those numbers if Verrett was locking down any of the rams wrs instead of Ambry Thomas who gave up 2 TDs?? Please.

It's ok to admit the Rams we're lucky. That's reality. When 2 good teams play, injuries are a major major factor. The Rams outplayed A LOT of the niners BACKUPS down the stretch. Wow.

Imagine playing the rams without Ramsey Donald Akers Whitworth on one leg and their other Tackle? We would of destroyed them like we always do. Then I could say something laughable like…..we weren't lucky we just outplayed them Sorry the Rams were incredibly lucky.

I actually agree. Injuries and the fact that we were in dogfights for three consecutive weeks heading into that game, all on the road. That was a much more difficult game for us that it was the Rams.

I think we had the better team.

Also, Kyle didn't call his best game by any stretch. But id say that would probably be true for the Dallas and Green Bay games as well.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

I actually agree. Injuries and the fact that we were in dogfights for three consecutive weeks heading into that game, all on the road. That was a much more difficult game for us that it was the Rams.

Also, Kyle didn't call his best game by any stretch. But id say that would probably be true for the Dallas and Green Bay games as well.

I'm not sure about that. Moster, Ford and Verrett have always been Injured to begin with. Sure we'd be a better a team If they we're health, bit you simply can't rely on Injury prone players to help win you the game.

It would seem the 9ers have finally realised that by allowing Mostert to leave, Drafting Cbs, as well as the Ward signing to replace Williams and Insurances for Verett, just Incase he's Injured again, and finally drafted another edge to help out Bosa. Oh, and they've finally decided today move in from another Injury prone player ( JG ) the 9ers have finally learned their lesson. All we need now Is to extend Deebo and hope Lance pans out. I see another dynasty on the arisen.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:

I'm not sure about that. Moster, Ford and Verrett have always been Injured to begin with. Sure we'd be a better a team If they we're health, bit you simply can't rely on Injury prone players to help win you the game.

It would seem the 9ers have finally realised that by allowing Mostert to leave, Drafting Cbs, as well as the Ward signing to replace Williams and Insurances for Verett, just Incase he's Injured again, and finally drafted another edge to help out Bosa. Oh, and they've finally decided today move in from another Injury prone player ( JG ) the 9ers have finally learned their lesson. All we need now Is to extend Deebo and hope Lance pans out. I see another dynasty on the arisen.

Agree about the 49ers moving on from injured players. I think the OLinemen that they have acquired also reflects that thinking - durability. I know Kyle loves to watch film of players before drafting them, and durability, heart, desire, toughness, smarts, and work ethic don't show up well in the film room. I'm glad ShanaLynch seems to have learned that lesson well.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agree about the 49ers moving on from injured players. I think the OLinemen that they have acquired also reflects that thinking - durability. I know Kyle loves to watch film of players before drafting them, and durability, heart, desire, toughness, smarts, and work ethic don't show up well in the film room. I'm glad ShanaLynch seems to have learned that lesson well.

Agreed. Moving on from constantly injured players seems to be happening I just wish we had a healthy Trent Williams or MM bc they would of easily been enough to make up for the 3 points we lost by and Williams has been pretty durable lately. MM is almost always healthy.

Sickaa, what did you mean they finally decided to move on from JG today?
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agreed. Moving on from constantly injured players seems to be happening I just wish we had a healthy Trent Williams or MM bc they would of easily been enough to make up for the 3 points we lost by and Williams has been pretty durable lately. MM is almost always healthy.

Sickaa, what did you mean they finally decided to move on from JG today?

Sorry, that was autocorrect again. I meant to say "To" not today.
The early bye week really screwed us last year too. It's hardly surprising the team was starting to wear down by the end of January.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Share 49ersWebzone