There are 171 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Interesting. I've been saying Kyle Shanahan is the real QB here. The starting QB is just Kyle's right arm.

I just listened to Crock and Peacock now saying the exact same thing. I guess both RGIII and Jake the Snake said both Shanahan's are never satisfied and it's hard to play under. Restricted.

I know we watch the All22's and assume the QB is free to do whatever but as J.T. O'Picks-a-lot always says in his breakdowns, "...now, I don't know how he's coached up here but..."

Maybe there's a lot more to this. I wonder what signs we might see early in Trey's career that might tip us off the what they call, "the control freak."
With Lance's talent Kyle about to come out of the quick, safe, high percentage zone.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Interesting. I've been saying Kyle Shanahan is the real QB here. The starting QB is just Kyle's right arm.

I just listened to Crock and Peacock now saying the exact same thing. I guess both RGIII and Jake the Snake said both Shanahan's are never satisfied and it's hard to play under. Restricted.

I know we watch the All22's and assume the QB is free to do whatever but as J.T. O'Picks-a-lot always says in his breakdowns, "...now, I don't know how he's coached up here but..."

Maybe there's a lot more to this. I wonder what signs we might see early in Trey's career that might tip us off the what they call, "the control freak."

Jake Plummer is an irrelevant opinion since Kyle is not his father.

Who cares what RG3 has to say? His coach demands excellence, boo-hoo. That's some woe-is-me b******t that is more indicative of his wilting under scrutiny than it speaks to some idea that Kyle is a tyrant that can't be pleased. Maybe RG3 just didn't have what it took to please any coach, which is why he has sat on his ass all these years.

I'm glad Kyle seeks out a QB that can run his system and doesn't settle for mediocrity and participation trophies. I'm glad we swung for the fences for Trey. Time will tell, but I'm willing to bet Kyle will be patient until it reaches the point that it's clear a QB does not have what it takes to win it all consistently. Excellence demands excellence.

Lol
Originally posted by Chance:

Who cares what RG3 has to say? His coach demands excellence, boo-hoo. That's some woe-is-me b******t that is more indicative of his wilting under scrutiny than it speaks to some idea that Kyle is a tyrant that can't be pleased. Maybe RG3 just didn't have what it took to please any coach, which is why he has sat on his ass all these years.

I'm glad Kyle seeks out a QB that can run his system and doesn't settle for mediocrity and participation trophies. I'm glad we swung for the fences for Trey. Time will tell, but I'm willing to bet Kyle will be patient until it reaches the point that it's clear a QB does not have what it takes to win it all consistently. Excellence demands excellence.

You should listen to the podcast. It isn't about both Shanahan's having high demands. It's about them wanting to control every aspect of the offense to the point a QB loses his full abilities (and confidence). Like an overly strict parent.

We saw it when Garoppolo arrived. 90% of his throws were off schedule and successful. Then the off season happened and he was 100% about trying to play on script.

There has to be balance. And throughout to the point we called him a statue.

I'm not overly concerned about it but if we see Trey move right into on script at an excessive level, that might be a sign of that "control freak" leaking in.

Balance.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 9, 2022 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Chance:

How dare you. Crock and Peacock said it and NC has been saying it
Here we go.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Here we go.

🤣
Here we go.

Breaking news: The Shanahan's are control freaks. Their QB's are just right-armed puppets.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 9, 2022 at 10:25 AM ]
  • thl408
Here we go.

Breaking news: The Shanahan's are control freaks. Their QB's are just right-armed puppets.

What does that mean when you say Kyle controls his QBs? Meaning the QB has reads and progressions to adhere to for a play? That's every NFL passing play.

Here we go.

Yup. If the primary isn't open than the QB must sit in the pocket and take a sack. What a f**king control freak.

I have a feeling you'll be in the John Lynch thread soon enough. But not before you have dragged this one into the dumpster like you did the O line thread.
Originally posted by thl408:
Here we go.

What does that mean when you say Kyle controls his QBs? Meaning the QB has reads and progressions to adhere to for a play? That's every NFL passing play.

Here's the pod: 11:57-17:04 (there's a transcript if you'd rather read it)

Here we go.

Yup. If the primary isn't open than the QB must sit in the pocket and take a sack. What a f**king control freak.

I have a feeling you'll be in the John Lynch thread soon enough. But not before you have dragged this one into the dumpster like you did the O line thread.

You're finally starting to get it! LOL

I can see that but none of those other QBs had the talent to elevate the system. When you have a QB that can take things beyond what the play designer intended but not compromise the integrity of the system (like Joe Montana or Steve Young), the restrictions come off.

I personally love those guys that are on the quarterback like that. Walsh was that way as well as Holmgren.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I can see that but none of those other QBs had the talent to elevate the system. When you have a QB that can take things beyond what the play designer intended but not compromise the integrity of the system (like Joe Montana or Steve Young), the restrictions come off.

I personally love those guys that are on the quarterback like that. Walsh was that way as well as Holmgren.

RGIII probably wanted to play off schedule on every play. Kyle probably wanted him to play on script every play through the last progression until murdered. LOL
Share 49ersWebzone