There are 229 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Joe Fann ✔ @Joe_Fann
Kyle Shanahan on C.J. Beathard: "I think he gives us the best chance to win going forward. ... I was excited about how he played."

Couch Coaches 1 - Shanny 0

Oh well let's just move forward.

Did it ever occur to you that Beathard wasn't ready to run the offense at the start of the season? Maybe the coaches would know better since they are with him everyday...nah you're right.

I didn't say anything about at the start of the season.

If Hoyerable made alittle nice easy plays and looked above s**tty, God knows how much longer Kyle would've stuck with him.

We just lucked that Hoyer showed his ass over and over.

And f**k that Coaches know better s**t.... I heard the same stuff when Erickson was here... when Mike Idiot Nolan was here... when Mike Martzless Singletary was here....Tomsula... same s**t... heard that for years. I trust my own eyes.

Lol sure you do
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Niners816:
So despite the fact he traded up to select Beathard, you still think that Hoyer was more than just a placeholder and a guy in the room that was familiar with the scheme and could help teach the other QBs. This ride or die b******t about Hoyer and Kyle is f**king hilarious. It's about as hilarious as Hoyer being dubbed his "hand picked" QB over this fantasy world of all theses other supposed all pro QBs. Rookies take time, scheme installs take time.

Yep

They love saying "Shanahan hand picked Hoyer", like that was first and only choice.

They couldn't get Cousins, he didn't want any of the top QBs in the draft. I don't understand what is so difficult to get.

People do not realize that this was all planned. This year was a throw away year regardless, especially at the QB position. Either Beathard works out, we get Cousins or we draft one in the first round. Hoyer was just essentially a placeholder until he either imploded or Beathard was ready.
... And f**k that Coaches know better s**t.... I heard the same stuff when Erickson was here... when Mike Idiot Nolan was here... when Mike Martzless Singletary was here....Tomsula... same s**t... heard that for years. I trust my own eyes.

When it comes to Shanahan, you're damn right he knows better than you or me or any of us. Don't mention those jokers in the same breath as KS. Which isn't to say he is above criticism, just saying that KS knows what he is doing, those clowns had no business being head coaches. As HC Shanahan is the heir to Walsh, and the best offensive mind we've seen in these parts since his father and Holmgren were OC's for us.
Originally posted by Niners816:
So despite the fact he traded up to select Beathard, you still think that Hoyer was more than just a placeholder and a guy in the room that was familiar with the scheme and could help teach the other QBs. This ride or die b******t about Hoyer and Kyle is f**king hilarious. It's about as hilarious as Hoyer being dubbed his "hand picked" QB over this fantasy world of all theses other supposed all pro QBs. Rookies take time, scheme installs take time.

Good points! Hoyer could help team mates learn Shanahan's system while Beathard was groomed to take over, if he showed promise. No SB expected this year so you do the best you can with what was available. Watson is the only QB drafted last year that is showing well (16th in yardage, 6th in rating) and I have no idea how he would do in Shanahan's system. I liked what his coaches and teammates said about him in college--that he was high character and a natural leader, but...woulda, coulda, shoulda...

Beathard may become the starter of 9er future, or be replaced by cousins next year...or a rookie...or Kaepernick...OK, not that last, but who knows what the future holds? I expect them to have at least one new QB on the roster next year along with Beathard, either replacing Hoyer or along with Hoyer.
Originally posted by cciowa:
the team made some small progress yesterday on offense but come on,. our defense is still wretched. maybe foster will help but nothing is helping this wretched secondary. we drop balls and make mistakes. now moral victories and all this talk about what our record SHOULD be is fine and dandy. but somewhere along the line the team has got to figure out to win games and not lose them. other wise they will be losers long after this fiasco of a year is over. may not matter to the fans if the team wins. but it does to the players. this whole its ok to lose cuz we are playing close is well.. nonsense . you have no wining culture. guys will want to leave and we will have to continue to over pay people to come here. and then the issue of trying to put people in the stands if your team goes 0-16. that is a whole other kettle of fish

Well, maybe this is all a mirage, but i don't think so. FIVE consecutive losses by less than 3 pts? That is a NFL record BTW, never been done before. It means two things to me.

First , as talent depleted as this team was, kyle/John managed to get rid of 32 of them, meaning they had to bring in 32 new players...and if that isn't a record, it's damn close. Also, we signed 14 rooks...close to another record, but some of those are ???. E.g., Joe williams, and one other. Both on IR. So give them credit for recognizing a piece of turdt floating down the river and they got rid of it. Second, they improved on one helluva lot of those picks over what was here, got way younger and one heckuva lot faster. So now if we do it bad, it is younger and FASTER.

Next, Kyle immediately jettisoned gagbert and kap, two washed up semi Qbs. Great move but left us Qb-less. Ok, so we needed someone to teach ZBS, what Kyle is going with. So hoyer. My money is on Kyle remembering hoyer as a lot better Qb when he last coached him several yrs back. I believe hoyer surprised kyle wiht his "awfulness". The accuracy, and obvious unfamiliarity of WR routes were impressive...disturbingly so.

On a parallel track, kyle has greased the skids for a Cuzins Comeback of the 49ers, altho none of that is or could be on paper. But it is there. No one else has that "understanding" wtih Cuz that kyle has.

On a second parallel track and this is the big counter: kyle DID very damn well hand pick CJ...somebody no one here even heard of...and certainly no one guessed on. But the potential for FR QB with CJ is not canard. It is legit. Looks downfield. Stays in pocket. Fearless. Accurate, good head on his shoulders.. Great vision and you can see him run thru his progressions. Wildly, and against what most think, he has a serious set of wheels and knows how to use them. Passing characteristics: doesn't hold the ball up like a damn statue, gets the ball gone in a flash. Now, all I am doing is running thru Kyle's list of what it takes to be a great QB. And this was the ONE and ONLY QB he had any interest in, jumping up from pick #2 in Rd 4 to #30 in rd 3. ie, he was rightfully afraid, somebody, esp Green Bay would take CJ also. so he jumped up for him. There is but one reason for all this. KYLE WANTED CJ. So while he was just another 3rd rd pick, to kyle , CJ was a legit FR QB potential aspirant. And a damn good one.

Leaving us with this. We lost last 5 games barely. Barely. NOw add the #1 LB in all of collegiate sports, PLUS the one QB that has all the fundamentals that kyle wants, and you got CJ. Then we see him in real life for 2mins of 1st half for a TD, and for last half of game, and he ties score at 17 and then again and finally wiht a minute to go moves us downfield, the zebras being the only thing ruining his winning drive. And THAT to me, anyway is the makings of a FR QB. No real missteps, and the ball mostly right on target despite several more drops.

So my gut tells me with both Reuben and CJ playing, laugh if you will, but this team has 4 or 5 Ws in the win column if BOTH those cats are playing. And that is exactly what i think will happen this weekend against Dallas. We win, because we now have the rest of that front 7 AND we finally, 17 long yrs later, at last have our FR QB...obviously, CJ will have to prove that over the next 10 weeks. But you have to admit, he is off to one helluva start.

And to cap it off, just as important, we ahve our new , less polished and less experienced, OC/HC in the Bill Walsh mold. And that, is how a great franchise gets off its knees and once again returns to the halls of power in the NFL.

Lastly, i am happy to say...that IS us.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
All i know is the margin of losses 3 2 3,3,2, is ridiculous. and i do not see how this is a good thing at all , all it means to me is they should have won games but could not, did not and can not. where is the closing and spare me the whiney refs screw us. this team and these coaches manage to find ways to lose. not exactly the winning culture you are supposed to be constructing.
All i know is the margin of losses 3 2 3,3,2, is ridiculous. and i do not see how this is a good thing at all , all it means to me is they should have won games but could not, did not and can not. where is the closing and spare me the whiney refs screw us. this team and these coaches manage to find ways to lose. not exactly the winning culture you are supposed to be constructing.

How are you not exhausted by now? Lol relax it's going to be a long year, we should see some wins with Hoyer out and foster back. Either way we just need more talent and less mistakes to see wins, I like Kyle though and think he will get this team back.
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

How are you not exhausted by now? Lol relax it's going to be a long year, we should see some wins with Hoyer out and foster back. Either way we just need more talent and less mistakes to see wins, I like Kyle though and think he will get this team back.

cc is a beast he dont get tired.

We will win a few games and then people will cry about our draft position being ruined instead
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
We will win a few games and then people will cry about our draft position being ruined instead

so true

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

i can think of one off the bat
Originally posted by susweel:

You can't stop him...only hope to contain him. PFF has him at 89.9 in blocks.

Yep nothing good ever comes out of never quitting. f**k erasing double-digit leads....they should have quit and lost by three TDs in each case.

Also, it's not whiney Ref BS when you get flagged for running a slant. It wasnt a pick and 9 times out of 10 it's usually DPI. So in this specific case the refs f**ked us royally. That team earned the right for a GW FG attempt and a butchered call took it away.

It's funny you want to lay blame on the coaches for everything. Yet, you won't give them an ounce of credit for having a team compete its ass off. Usually s**tty teams on their 3rd straight road game after 2 crushing OT loses playing a 10a kick local time games get their s**t kicked in. Especially when they get off to a terrible start. I've seen quite a few Dynasty day Niner teams with great coaching and HOF players fall into these traps.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 17, 2017 at 12:58 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by susweel:

You can't stop him...only hope to contain him. PFF has him at 89.9 in blocks.

A quote stolen from unconquerable CC...

I honestly don't think you could be any more wrong if you tried. This team, bereft of talent at several key positions and winless, goes into every game and refuses to give up. That, to me, is the definition of a winning culture. Having a winning culture != Winning. Winning requires a lot of other things to fall into place. But to say that what we've seen so far indicates that there isn't a winning culture in place just beyond ludicrous.
[ Edited by norcal49er864 on Oct 17, 2017 at 1:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone