LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 246 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by miked1978:
I'm still on board!!! As long as Kyle gets us to the playoffs i'm good.

very low expectations
until he proves he can win the big game, I am 50/50

he has some talent, found gems in later rounds, but his zombie performance on the 3 biggest games we lost and the lance trade could be his downfall
Originally posted by alwayssecond:

he has some talent, found gems in later rounds, but his zombie performance on the 3 biggest games we lost and the lance trade could be his downfall

Wow what a coincidence his 3 biggest games were all losses. Not the games prior those may as well have been preseason
I can't believe he gave up so much for a raw player out of a small school that only played 1 season and didn't even want to develop him.

anybody else would've gotten laughed out of the NFL.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by evil:
haha i was trying not to be braggadocious.

are we still on the first page of members joining?

Probably lol.

Pretty hard to believe it's been almost 20 years that we have been members here.

we need our superbowl trophy soon damnit!

This won't happen with these owners, coaches, and front office. We will just get all pro nods and runner up trophies.

Mahomes & Reid will continue to get Suoer Bowl Rings and MVP trophies.

I disagree but whatever.

Reid isn't that special - in fact he was KS until he found a special player/players.

the only thing he is better at than KS is he doesn't seem to black out in big game moments.

You.... you do know Reid's reputation for blowing leads and not being good enough of a coach to win the big game prior to 2019, right?

Um yeah - that's kind of the point here.

not special until he got a special player.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by evil:
haha i was trying not to be braggadocious.

are we still on the first page of members joining?

Probably lol.

Pretty hard to believe it's been almost 20 years that we have been members here.

we need our superbowl trophy soon damnit!

This won't happen with these owners, coaches, and front office. We will just get all pro nods and runner up trophies.

Mahomes & Reid will continue to get Suoer Bowl Rings and MVP trophies.

I disagree but whatever.

Reid isn't that special - in fact he was KS until he found a special player/players.

the only thing he is better at than KS is he doesn't seem to black out in big game moments.

You.... you do know Reid's reputation for blowing leads and not being good enough of a coach to win the big game prior to 2019, right?

Um yeah - that's kind of the point here.

not special until he got a special player.

What sucks is if Shanny wanted Mahomes , we would be the current dynasty
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
we should reboot the poll to see if things are changing on old KS; with this latest news.. are people still onboard?

I'm still on board!!! As long as Kyle gets us to the playoffs i'm good.

I would expect more than just another playoffs type of season considering all the talent Kyle has at his disposal.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I would expect more than just another playoffs type of season considering all the talent Kyle has at his disposal.

Need all that talent around for the playoffs for once.
Originally posted by alwayssecond:

Yes this was a huge mistake and if Brock gets injured, which very well could be the case given our O line situation. We have Darnold to take over in a quest for 6. He's not KS10 for no reason. In his next coaching position he will probably lose some of his ego that he can scheme around weakness and he will win the big one. Too bad it probably won't be with us. Homer's gonna home but unfortunately our window maybe closing before he does. I pray I'm wrong but too many organizational failures with 1st rounders we could have used for our Oline. Kyle is an amazing O coordinator just not so much of a head coach/gm yet.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Aug 24, 2023 at 11:09 AM ]
Let's be real: Shopping a player who cost 3 1st rounders for a mid-round pick after 5 games would cost any GM the job.

• thl408
Originally posted by zugschef:
Let's be real: Shopping a player who cost 3 1st rounders for a mid-round pick after 5 games would cost any GM the job.

Let's be realer: finding a good QB in the 7th round should get a GM an 'Employee of the Month' award.
Originally posted by thl408:

Let's be realer: finding a good QB in the 7th round should get a GM an 'Employee of the Month' award.

Both statements are true in my opinion. If we didn't have Brock then Lance would not be going anywhere.
I still feel like the biggest story here is how bad the FO handled everything, beginning with the trade, yet the team is still better today than it was then. Schefter touched lightly on the issue, but it's a HUGE testament to how well this team was built.
Originally posted by thl408:
Let's be real: Purdy might still be a Mullens.

Luckily for lymch and kyle they have a great roster and keep going to nfc championship games
Share 49ersWebzone