LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 279 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by JaggedJ:
We wanted a franchise QB, we got a franchise QB. Not the path we expected to take, but ended up in the right location.
thats all that matters. The Team The Team The Team
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
We wanted a franchise QB, we got a franchise QB. Not the path we expected to take, but ended up in the right location.
thats all that matters. The Team The Team The Team

This. Seeing these silly analysts trying to turn thus into a negative is amusing. Team potentially has a franchise QB and has a top 5 roster, oh the mismanagement. Hell, I'm Team Lance, but no way I'm sitting him for Brock. As for Darnold, not a fan, but the guy was a top 5 pick and never played with this kind of talent. Who knows what the coaches see, but I know Kyle wants an offense that can consistently stay on schedule.
My Question To Everyone Who Thinks Kyle Did Trey Dirty

What would you have wanted him to do differently understanding that these facts changed so much on the ground:

1. Trey was injured twice (once in his finger in 2021 and again in 2022 when he broke his leg) in a way that limited his reps.
  2. Brock Purdy emerged from nowhere as Mr. Irrelevant to take over the starting job in Trey's absence.
  3. Sam Darnold outplayed Trey in accordance with what was being reported by reporters who had ties to the organization like Greg Papa.

At best, you can criticize the trade-up to pick a raw QB at #3 or for leaking information in an inconsistent manner about the decision-making process to make Trey the third-string QB. At worst, I suppose you can criticize the refusal to gear the offense to Trey's strengths if you ignore the fact that when Kyle tried it with power runs up the middle, he took immense damage that resulted in injuries. Seems like people aren't being fair to Kyle or the organization.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This. Seeing these silly analysts trying to turn thus into a negative is amusing. Team potentially has a franchise QB and has a top 5 roster, oh the mismanagement. Hell, I'm Team Lance, but no way I'm sitting him for Brock. As for Darnold, not a fan, but the guy was a top 5 pick and never played with this kind of talent. Who knows what the coaches see, but I know Kyle wants an offense that can consistently stay on schedule

Kyle is the football version of the 1SG from In The Army Now.

"I run my offense like a clock..."

When do we start flying the banner to fire Kyle? Everyone knows he's the problem
I love my f**king coach
Originally posted by dmullins:
When do we start flying the banner to fire Kyle? Everyone knows he's the problem

How's he the problem exactly? The 49ers have been in the NFC title game 3 of the last 4 years.

that moment when you can no longer tell if it is satire or not
Originally posted by KiwiM3:

How's he the problem exactly? The 49ers have been in the NFC title game 3 of the last 4 years.

Didn't stop them from firing Harbaugh. We even already have a beloved d-line coach with no HC skills whatsoever ready to take over as HC in Kyle's place.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Yeah, sorry, I don't post much on here. I read a lot though and was just trolling. I love our coach and I'm tired of all the hate because of people like Grant Cohn and other podcasters

Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Didn't stop them from firing Harbaugh. We even already have a beloved d-line coach with no HC skills whatsoever ready to take over as HC in Kyle's place.

Obviously Harbaugh wasn't fired due to performance in his role as HC.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Yeah, sorry, I don't post much on here. I read a lot though and was just trolling. I love our coach and I'm tired of all the hate because of people like Grant Cohn and other podcasters

you got me lol
Originally posted by KiwiM3:

Harbaugh clashed with his GM and the Owner - and there were noises the players were starting to wear thin of his schtick.

None of that applies to Kyle.

Harbaugh was an a*****e and a spazz. Kyle is not. When you're easy to deal with, people tend to keep you around longer. Weird how that works.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Harbaugh was an a*****e and a spazz. Kyle is not. When you're easy to deal with, people tend to keep you around longer. Weird how that works.

Hes about to wear out his welcome at Michigan now too.
Share 49ersWebzone