LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 254 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Didn't stop them from firing Harbaugh. We even already have a beloved d-line coach with no HC skills whatsoever ready to take over as HC in Kyle's place.

Harbaugh was an a*****e and a spazz. Kyle is not. When you're easy to deal with, people tend to keep you around longer. Weird how that works.

And Greg Roman.
Harbaugh was an a*****e and a spazz. Kyle is not. When you're easy to deal with, people tend to keep you around longer. Weird how that works.

More importantly Kyle had the leverage to get personnel power and a monster contract coming in as HC. There's nothing for him to fight about.

Harbaugh was fighting behind closed doors for this (personnel power mainly I believe.). Rightfully so as well.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

More importantly Kyle had the leverage to get personnel power and a monster contract coming in as HC. There's nothing for him to fight about.

Harbaugh was fighting behind closed doors for this (personnel power mainly I believe.). Rightfully so as well.

He didn't really have a say in who got drafted, I think that was his biggest conflict with Baalke. Must be frustrating to not be able to have a large say in who you have to coach up.
Originally posted by tankle104:

He didn't really have a say in who got drafted, I think that was his biggest conflict with Baalke. Must be frustrating to not be able to have a large say in who you have to coach up.

Well this team hasn't exactly benefited a whole lot from Kyle's direct involvement in the draft.

Especially when he's drafting dudes like AJ Jenkins and LMJ (which is where I think the conflict started).
Well this team hasn't exactly benefited a whole lot from Kyle's direct involvement in the draft.

Yea, I know. The roster is in need of talent, lol.

He's not perfect by any means but come on guy.

Especially when he's drafting dudes like AJ Jenkins and LMJ (which is where I think the conflict started).

I still say LMJ wasn't that bad…. at least when you compare him to Joe Williams. Lol
Let's see what he does with this star studded roster. I think coach prime or been tomsula could get us into the nfc championship… I agree with Grant. Truth hurts too bad it's the truth.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Let's see what he does with this star studded roster. I think coach prime or been tomsula could get us into the nfc championship… I agree with Grant. Truth hurts too bad it's the truth.

I'm going to guess: Not sarcasm.

I'm going to guess: Not sarcasm.

A little bit but letting all those picks and potential walk out the door is very upsetting. He might be a genius with play design but some of his decisions are hurting in ways we won't truly know for years to come. That and no rings yet… by his standards he should be gone..
A little bit but letting all those picks and potential walk out the door is very upsetting. He might be a genius with play design but some of his decisions are hurting in ways we won't truly know for years to come. That and no rings yet… by his standards he should be gone..

There's some validity there (the wasted picks for example) and we don't know the full outcome of these decisions yet… but the hyperbole takes away from the point.

I promise you this team isn't going to the NFC championship with Tomsula as HC, lol.

Yea, I know. The roster is in need of talent, lol.

He's not perfect by any means but come on guy.

Well, how many of those picks can be directly attributed to him? "Direct" involvement is the keyword. Every FO should be working closely with the coaches to pick the players that fit the criteria they're looking for, but the personnel guys should be more involved in figuring out that who those guys are.

Kyle's notable contributions in the draft room are disregarding everyone else in the room who plead with him to take Mahomes over Solomon Thomas, Joe Williams, Dante Pettis, Trey Lance, CJ Beathard, and probably almost every other pick that's failed and none of the ones that have succeeded.

He should let the evaluators do their work.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Aug 24, 2023 at 5:38 PM ]
Well, how many of those picks can be directly attributed to him? "Direct" involvement is the keyword. Every FO should be working closely with the coaches to pick the players that fit the criteria they're looking for, but the personnel guys should be more involved in figuring out that who those guys are.

Kyle's notable contributions in the draft room are disregarding everyone else in the room who plead with him to take Mahomes over Solomon Thomas, Joe Williams, Dante Pettis, Trey Lance, CJ Beathard, and probably almost every other pick that's failed and none of the ones that have succeeded.

Reportedly.

And I don't give him sole credit or blame regardless. The regime has done a great job building a top roster and he's the head guy in charge of that effort… outside of the non-accountabilibuddies.

I agree with grant would be a good troll WZ name
Share 49ersWebzone