LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 316 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Beathard was the only QB that was draftable in a draft that had Mahomes and Watson .

per Shanny

this thinking cost us a f**king DYNASTY

You do realize the plan was to get Kirk Cousins that year right??
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I've been saying this for years and people are starting to wake up. Shanny is a great scheme guy. Thats it. He's a mediocre head coach who has been carried by his defense. He makes unforgivable mistakes at the most crucial parts of big games. His drafting sucks when he pinpoints a specific player. He had to be convinced to draft purdy. He can't get us a 6th but I'm hoping purdy cN change all that. What scares me is we went through 4 qbs last year and instead of getting help on the oline shanahan goes and gets 2 more qbs. Posters are starting to wake up to Shanahan.

Beathard was the only QB that was draftable in a draft that had Mahomes and Watson .

per Shanny

this thinking cost us a f**king DYNASTY

He didn't even scout mahommes because he was set on you know who.
I really love Kyle. I'm glad he's our coach. The last few pages you'd think he was Tomsula or Erickson.
Originally posted by Silky:
I really love Kyle. I'm glad he's our coach. The last few pages you'd think he was Tomsula or Erickson.

Hes absolutely not that. He's good and keeps teams competitive. He definitely has issues which is keeping him from being great.

Pros
Great scheme guy
Great at picking assistants
Maybe the most knowledgeable guy out there
Players play for him, holds players accountable

Cons
No patience
Stubborn and set in his ways
Horrible scout guy
Can't develop qbs
Too smart for his own good
Panics and makes.bad decisions at crucial times
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I mean, he's focused on relationships. Bringing in the guys he baby sat and their friends and coaches or guys who took night classes with the GM.

This is insane how much the York's let Mike Shanahan's son get away with. Anyone else who threw away 3 first round picks would have been fired. If we don't win a super bowl this year I would assume Kyle is gone. But then again, he is friends with Jed so they may just let him continue to get runner up trophy's.

LOL at criticizing the McCafferey trade. What a terrible move that was, Kyle was blinded because he babysat him one time.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Aug 25, 2023 at 7:09 AM ]
This fan base
Kyle Shanahan is a good head coach for offensive score but he is failed for championships twice time. He is really embarrassing cuz he didn't know how to get the championships trophy for us.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
This fan base

Its really hard to defend sometimes. Some of the most hyperreactive spazzes imaginable.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by tankle104:

can't we like bring in someone that has a track record of getting atleast some 1st round picks right lol...

That tweet is a little disingenuous. Bosa is going to be signed and I can't imagine Aiyuk not getting extended too. McGlinchey we simply couldn't afford, and McKivitz is supposed to be good enough to make up the difference. Colton is the better PP but still improving at run blocking.

Overall, a 3/7 hit rate is not exactly the worst. Middle of the pack I think compared to other teams.

It's actually 3/9 - we've used up a total of 9 first round picks on those players - Solomon Thomas, ruban foster, McG, bosa, Kinlaw, Aiyuk, Lance (2021,2022,2023 first round picks).

Mcg was an okay player, but never lived up to be selected in the top 10 performance wise. Not a bad pick but not one to really brag about either. Bosa was a no brainer, and Aiyuk was a really good one.

The team will only end up resigning 2/9 of our first round picks - we thought a fifth round pick making a million could do just as well as McG (or better). That's not exactly a good thing.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

can't we like bring in someone that has a track record of getting atleast some 1st round picks right lol...

That tweet is a little disingenuous. Bosa is going to be signed and I can't imagine Aiyuk not getting extended too. McGlinchey we simply couldn't afford, and McKivitz is supposed to be good enough to make up the difference. Colton is the better PP but still improving at run blocking.

Overall, a 3/7 hit rate is not exactly the worst. Middle of the pack I think compared to other teams.

It's actually 3/9 - we've used up a total of 9 first round picks on those players - Solomon Thomas, ruban foster, McG, bosa, Kinlaw, Aiyuk, Lance (2021,2022,2023 first round picks).

Mcg was an okay player, but never lived up to be selected in the top 10 performance wise. Not a bad pick but not one to really brag about either. Bosa was a no brainer, and Aiyuk was a really good one.

The team will only end up resigning 2/9 of our first round picks - we thought a fifth round pick making a million could do just as well as McG (or better). That's not exactly a good thing.

We still have a top 5 roster and only have to give pricey extensions to 2 out of those 9 1st round picks. Seems like it worked out well to me.

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
This fan base

Hahah I love having Kyle and Lynch, I think we are super fortunate. I just also don't think they're perfect (no one is). I'm just saying we have sucked in the first round - very all or nothing, for the most part.

Either we've missed about as bad as it gets, or we've crushed it. Lol only player who was even serviceable but not bad or great, was McG. Hahah only wanting to retain 2/7 (overall 9 picks used - Trey was a total of 3 first round picks), is not great. That's all. They've done awesome in about every other aspect.

i just find it funny cause you'd think if a team couldn't identify a good pick in the first round, they wouldn't do well in the later rounds. So although I don't enjoy it, I do think it's a tad bit ass backwards and funny.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We still have a top 5 roster and only have to give pricey extensions to 2 out of those 9 1st round picks. Seems like it worked out well to me.

It definitely has. You're not going to hit on everything. I just posted about this right after your post, I love having Kyle and Lynch. I just find it funny how bad we've been in the first round - either awesome players (Bosa/Aiyuk) or complete duds. Hahahaha

There is a valid argument that we do better with UDFA than first round picks. Lmao just funny to me

It definitely has. You're not going to hit on everything. I just posted about this right after your post, I love having Kyle and Lynch. I just find it funny how bad we've been in the first round - either awesome players (Bosa/Aiyuk) or complete duds. Hahahaha

There is a valid argument that we do better with UDFA than first round picks. Lmao just funny to me

It might actually have do with the fact that we redshirt so many of those mid to late rounders and let them develop behind the scenes. It also seems like our high end draft prospects deal with a lot of injuries early on which ultimately ends up holding them back.
I feel like in the first three rounds, the team takes more chances on physical specimen guys - guys with unique physical traits that could be awesome if it works out.

then on the backend of the draft they take high character, hard working guys, with under appreciated physical characteristics and/or guys they think weren't developed/used properly in college - Huff, Kittle, Warner (even though he was third). Or guys who were stuck around mediocrity and played well, but were held back in certain aspects because of their program (Purdy, Bell, Mitchell etc). It's interesting.

maybe I'm just over analyzing it. I'm def happy with what our team has done and what they've built. You won't hit on everything. You just want to hit on more then you miss. Idc if we find an all pro (bosa) in the first or third (Warner) or fifth (Huff/Kittle) or trade (Williams). Just get them.

It might actually have do with the fact that we redshirt so many of those mid to late rounders and let them develop behind the scenes. It also seems like our high end draft prospects deal with a lot of injuries early on which ultimately ends up holding them back.

There is def an aspect of bad luck with our first round picks.

Soloman Thomas's sister took her own life (just awful and tragic). So I imagine that really messed with his mental health and focus.
Ruben foster couldn't stay out of trouble but was an awesome player - he then had some serious injuries.
Kinlaw has had serious injuries/chronic issues
trey has had consistent injury issues.

some of its bad luck and our guys took this team over when they were kinda young and inexperienced at it. Sometimes being young and dumb results in big time mistakes but also big time rewards because they take chances that maybe a more experienced guy wouldn't take.

a lot of great companies were built because a young person didn't realize how ridiculously hard and unlikely it was that they could pull off what they tried, but did it anyways and it worked. Sometimes things are just hard work and some luck, especially in football.

Purdy would probably be QB3-QB2 at best if injuries didn't happen last year, super unknown.
Share 49ersWebzone