LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 294 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
This fan base

Its really hard to defend sometimes. Some of the most hyperreactive spazzes imaginable.

Ya I really don't get it. I understand criticizing some of his moves, but to want the guy fired?
This fan base

Its really hard to defend sometimes. Some of the most hyperreactive spazzes imaginable.

Ya I really don't get it. I understand criticizing some of his moves, but to want the guy fired?

I don't want him fired. I want him to modify his approach. He has qualities but has issues. We likely have an Andy Reid situation where he needs a once In a lifetime player to get him over the hump.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Beathard was the only QB that was draftable in a draft that had Mahomes and Watson .

per Shanny

this thinking cost us a f**king DYNASTY

You do realize the plan was to get Kirk Cousins that year right??

Yeah , another prime time choker .
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I don't want him fired. I want him to modify his approach. He has qualities but has issues. We likely have an Andy Reid situation where he needs a once In a lifetime player to get him over the hump.

Good thing he got him in Purdy. Muahhaha
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Silky:
I really love Kyle. I'm glad he's our coach. The last few pages you'd think he was Tomsula or Erickson.

Heh, everybody has their take on Kyle, and I think the poll is clear - 70+ % love him, the rest hate him. Oh well. Personally I think he's a great coach and getting better. He's not perfect, since he's human. He's definitely better than Tomsula or Erickson.

You mean like Bill Walsh needed and Bill Bellicheck needed
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
This fan base

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Beathard was the only QB that was draftable in a draft that had Mahomes and Watson .

per Shanny

Point is, every HC envisions what they want in their choice of QB. You act like you knew right off the bat in 2017 and 2018 that Mahomes would've been anything special. Teams pass on QB's all the time, even the great Andy Reid did, look how long he was in the league till he found his guy. It took Andy Reid 21 years as a head coach to finally win a Super Bowl. It took only 3 years for Shanahan to GET to the Super Bowl off of a full rebuilt roster. So quit crying about Mahomes.

per Shanny

Point is, every HC envisions what they want in their choice of QB. You act like you knew right off the bat in 2017 and 2018 that Mahomes would've been anything special. Teams pass on QB's all the time, even the great Andy Reid did, look how long he was in the league till he found his guy. It took Andy Reid 21 years as a head coach to finally win a Super Bowl. It took only 3 years for Shanahan to GET to the Super Bowl off of a full rebuilt roster. So quit crying about Mahomes.

Yeah he envisions another choker , just like himself .

great .
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

per Shanny

great .

Wow and they say I'm the immature one. Awesome.

per Shanny

great .

Wow and they say I'm the immature one. Awesome.

Truth got in your feelings
I've been saying this for years and people are starting to wake up. Shanny is a great scheme guy. Thats it. He's a mediocre head coach who has been carried by his defense. He makes unforgivable mistakes at the most crucial parts of big games. His drafting sucks when he pinpoints a specific player. He had to be convinced to draft purdy. He can't get us a 6th but I'm hoping purdy cN change all that. What scares me is we went through 4 qbs last year and instead of getting help on the oline shanahan goes and gets 2 more qbs. Posters are starting to wake up to Shanahan.

per Shanny

All of this x 100. Yes.
ultimately draft picks mean jack and s**t. wins and losses are the only thing that matters. Kyle wins. Kyle's job is safe. the only HC with a colder seat is Andy Reid.
Originally posted by boast:
ultimately draft picks mean jack and s**t. wins and losses are the only thing that matters. Kyle wins. Kyle's job is safe. the only HC with a colder seat is Andy Reid.

And you only fire a coach when you can upgrade at the spot. Until someone says a name that is actually an upgrade it's just all hollow complaining.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by boast:

And you only fire a coach when you can upgrade at the spot. Until someone says a name that is actually an upgrade it's just all hollow complaining.

yeah. there is no upgrade over Kyle out there right now.
Share 49ersWebzone