LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 254 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
ultimately draft picks mean jack and s**t. wins and losses are the only thing that matters. Kyle wins. Kyle's job is safe. the only HC with a colder seat is Andy Reid.

And you only fire a coach when you can upgrade at the spot. Until someone says a name that is actually an upgrade it's just all hollow complaining.

yeah. there is no upgrade over Kyle out there right now.

I don't want to go through that hell of what it was like between harbaugh to Kyle. Keep Kyle for another 15 years and let's make great things happen.
I've always admired the Steelers who stick with their coaches and not go through the same hiring cycle every few years. If you got a good coach that can consistently get you to the playoffs then stick with him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Beathard was the only QB that was draftable in a draft that had Mahomes and Watson .

per Shanny

this thinking cost us a f**king DYNASTY

You do realize the plan was to get Kirk Cousins that year right??

Yeah , another prime time choker .

Point is, every HC envisions what they want in their choice of QB. You act like you knew right off the bat in 2017 and 2018 that Mahomes would've been anything special. Teams pass on QB's all the time, even the great Andy Reid did, look how long he was in the league till he found his guy. It took Andy Reid 21 years as a head coach to finally win a Super Bowl. It took only 3 years for Shanahan to GET to the Super Bowl off of a full rebuilt roster. So quit crying about Mahomes.

Yeah he envisions another choker , just like himself .

great .

Wow and they say I'm the immature one. Awesome.

Truth got in your feelings

Seems like it's the other way around, since you're the one dwelling on who Shanahan missed in the draft. I could give two s**ts cause he sure missed on Trey Lance.

Are you suggesting PJ Fleck won't be an immediate upgrade?
  • thl408
Originally posted by miked1978:
I've always admired the Steelers who stick with their coaches and not go through the same hiring cycle every few years. If you got a good coach that can consistently get you to the playoffs then stick with him.

Yeah. And for those saying Kyle is just a good schemer, that's not true. He helped change the culture of the franchise and when the team started off sucking in 2017 and 2018, he kept the team together and no one was pointing fingers - that showed an ability to be a leader. He may have been given too much decision making power when it comes to player personnel, but that had to happen to get him into the building. The 49ers head coaching job was not a very desirable destination after the Tomsula/Chip/Baalke fiasco.

But having 4 different head coaches in 4 years was pretty fun

harbs, tomsula, kelly, shanny
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Are you suggesting PJ Fleck won't be an immediate upgrade?

lololol
Beathard was the only QB that was draftable in a draft that had Mahomes and Watson .

per Shanny

Point is, every HC envisions what they want in their choice of QB. You act like you knew right off the bat in 2017 and 2018 that Mahomes would've been anything special. Teams pass on QB's all the time, even the great Andy Reid did, look how long he was in the league till he found his guy. It took Andy Reid 21 years as a head coach to finally win a Super Bowl. It took only 3 years for Shanahan to GET to the Super Bowl off of a full rebuilt roster. So quit crying about Mahomes.

great .

Seems like it's the other way around, since you're the one dwelling on who Shanahan missed in the draft. I could give two s**ts cause he sure missed on Trey Lance.

you are proving my point that Shanny probably shouldn't have so much power over personnel .
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

per Shanny

great .

you are proving my point that Shanny probably shouldn't have so much power over personnel .

Broseph you are lost, the only point I tried to make was that the plan in 2017 was to get Kirk Cousins. Then I get with a bunch of one-liners like I hurt your feelings.

The proof is in the pudding, they are the most consistently good team in the NFL for the past 50 years.

per Shanny

great .

Broseph you are lost, the only point I tried to make was that the plan in 2017 was to get Kirk Cousins. Then I get with a bunch of one-liners like I hurt your feelings.

It feels like I'm in your feelings, and I like it
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

per Shanny

great .

Sorry bro I only like to f**k women.

per Shanny

great .

Can you guys either get a room or just cool it, agree to disagree and move on.

per Shanny

great .

I believe you
  • thl408
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

per Shanny

great .

Can you guys either get a room or just cool it, agree to disagree and move on.

If you guys get a room can I watch?
Share 49ersWebzone