LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 298 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Love Shanny but we should never give him a 1st round qb again. If Purdy fails just get Cousins in here.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Love Shanny but we should never give him a 1st round qb again. If Purdy fails just get Cousins in here.

Hell no to Cousins and I was a heavy advocate of bringing him in at the beginning of the 2017 season. But no thank you to Cousins. Now if someone like Joe Burrow ever comes available in the year 2060 then I hope they throw three 1st round picks at him, yes even at 63 years old.
I don't think we could afford Cousins next year even if they wanted to bring him in.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by thl408:
Kyle's post game presser was very informative about the Lance situation. If you missed it, look it up.

It seemed pretty straight up, no lies detected. But he pretty much said what some of us been saying all along, that you can't keep a QB3 at $9 million. Especially when there's not enough reps to go around for a QB3. Trey asked them to find him a spot/another team but he goes from QB3 to QB3, should've just went to the Bills.
it's too bad we cant have Kyle's presser on a loop embedded at the top of every page. it would save a lot of unnecessary posts in the next few days.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by captveg:
I don't think we could afford Cousins next year even if they wanted to bring him in.

I hope they draft another QB in ROUND 2 that is at the highest. But I'll settle for a mid to late round pick.....Yes I'm looking at you Grayson MCall and Riley Leonard!!!

They can if his surrounding cast consist of Latu, TDP, Bell, Gray, Willis, and a rookie LT.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I hope they draft another QB in ROUND 2 that is at the highest. But I'll settle for a mid to late round pick.....Yes I'm looking at you Grayson MCall and Riley Leonard!!!

Next year, the priority should be protecting Purdy and making sure his career is Looooong! Maybe as long as playing till he's 45 of course this is assuming he plays like an all pro player this season . Now having said that, the next priority is to get some competition between Sam and another QB2 level player to back up Brock and do the best they can to deepen the QB squad. I'd like a younger Brandon Allen with a stronger arm and maybe a bit more mobility - but that will get you into draft capital that's may be too high.

Free agency is definitely an option if they don't want to expend draft capital on a potential QB2. I wish we could have kept Trey, but Trey needs to play to improve - being QB3 on this team is just going to hold him back from improving and being his best. I think he has a shot at being QB1 or QB2 in Dallas as he continues and develop in maybe two or three years.
I chuckle how every year Cousins is supposedly going to come here and every year it never happens.
The priority for Kyle is to win a ring with this roster of go back to designing plays and call those play from the skybox. Much like he has no patience for developing young qbs, I have little patience left for winning 6 or at this point getting into the sb. We all know how well he does in the big game. Choke. So to be fair and factoring in his limitations an appearance in the SB is his ceiling. Until he proves otherwise.

Bets on himself. Has us contend. I love it.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
The priority for Kyle is to win a ring with this roster of go back to designing plays and call those play from the skybox. Much like he has no patience for developing young qbs, I have little patience left for winning 6 or at this point getting into the sb. We all know how well he does in the big game. Choke. So to be fair and factoring in his limitations an appearance in the SB is his ceiling. Until he proves otherwise.
Kyle is not on the field
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Nooooo

If he's our assistant QB coach, I'd be totally stoked.
for now lock Kyle up in his Xs and Os laboratory drawing up plays and keep him out of the draft room
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Next year, the priority should be protecting Purdy and making sure his career is Looooong! Maybe as long as playing till he's 45 of course this is assuming he plays like an all pro player this season . Now having said that, the next priority is to get some competition between Sam and another QB2 level player to back up Brock and do the best they can to deepen the QB squad. I'd like a younger Brandon Allen with a stronger arm and maybe a bit more mobility - but that will get you into draft capital that's may be too high.

Free agency is definitely an option if they don't want to expend draft capital on a potential QB2. I wish we could have kept Trey, but Trey needs to play to improve - being QB3 on this team is just going to hold him back from improving and being his best. I think he has a shot at being QB1 or QB2 in Dallas as he continues and develop in maybe two or three years.

Very solid post Giedi!

OLine should be Priority A1.
Share 49ersWebzone