LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 149 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Giedi:
McVay is presiding over a bottom feeder franchise that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Kyle's been to a couple of NFC championship games, found a young franchise QB that looks like he'll be playing for 15+ years, and lost a super bowl with a lesser QB than what he currently has. Arrow up for the 49er franchise under Kyle, and not so arrow up for McVay's franchise.

The Rams have already won their super bowl with McVay, though.

I'm hopeful Kyle and the 9ers can do the same.
Originally posted by boast:
I'm hoping by the time Trey gets to Brock's current level, Brock is at the Brees/Montana level.

To me the trade feels like the Charles Haley trade. We got weaker, and Dallas got stronger. Still, I"m all for it if Trey says he wanted it and thinks he will be happy there. He's talented and deserves a coaching staff that really wants him and do right by him. As for us, I think Kyle is one of the best at using injuries to uncover diamonds in the rough. All of Kyle's 2nd year and Undrafted players can play in the NFL, and they just need a break, in my opinion, like Brock did.

Trey isnt a superstar. just a 3rd string QB.

Not yet. I'm an optimist. That's who I am.

Haley was trade because he was disruptive and couldn't get along with Seifert. They had to move him.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
For. NOw yes. You will be crying about letting him go in two years. Cowboys win a ring with him. Mark my words.

Cowboys aren't gonna be winning a super bowl anytime soon.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Haley was trade because he was disruptive and couldn't get along with Seifert. They had to move him.

it's different, Haley was a perennial pro bowler, first team all pro and and super bowl champion when he went to the cowboys.

trading that to anyone, specifically a conference rival, is ridiculously dumb. Lance is a third string qb and most likely a backup for the next few years. Won't really contribute outside of maybe trick packages.
Haley was jerking off too much while in player meetings
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Different strokes for different folks.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

they told him he needed to get off quick, gtfo, he may have misunderstood
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Aug 26, 2023 at 5:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Sickaa:
McVay is presiding over a bottom feeder franchise that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Kyle's been to a couple of NFC championship games, found a young franchise QB that looks like he'll be playing for 15+ years, and lost a super bowl with a lesser QB than what he currently has. Arrow up for the 49er franchise under Kyle, and not so arrow up for McVay's franchise.

This. Nfc championships my ass
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
I'm hoping by the time Trey gets to Brock's current level, Brock is at the Brees/Montana level.

To me the trade feels like the Charles Haley trade. We got weaker, and Dallas got stronger. Still, I"m all for it if Trey says he wanted it and thinks he will be happy there. He's talented and deserves a coaching staff that really wants him and do right by him. As for us, I think Kyle is one of the best at using injuries to uncover diamonds in the rough. All of Kyle's 2nd year and Undrafted players can play in the NFL, and they just need a break, in my opinion, like Brock did.

Trey isnt a superstar. just a 3rd string QB.

For. NOw yes. You will be crying about letting him go in two years. Cowboys win a ring with him. Mark my words.

Let's bet :)

This. It doesn't matter if they got 0-17 for the next 5 years. He won a SB. Sure he'll get fired if they do that badly, but that SB ring tops anything else.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I want a question why Kyle Shanahan didn't get the championships Trophy for us when he been here for 6 or 7 years?!. If He is continue here of the years when he is not smart a head coach IQ?!?!

Kyle's not 50 yet. Walsh was 50 when he had his first super bowl win.

How old was Andy Reid?

Andy Reid was 64.
McVay was 36.

McVacy was almost same age to Kyle Shanahan. McVacy did won championships in super bowl trophy. What about Kyle Shanahan? He is too embarrassed cuz he can't.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I want a question why Kyle Shanahan didn't get the championships Trophy for us when he been here for 6 or 7 years?!. If He is continue here of the years when he is not smart a head coach IQ?!?!

Kyle's not 50 yet. Walsh was 50 when he had his first super bowl win.

How old was Andy Reid?

Andy Reid was 64.
McVay was 36.

McVacy was almost same age to Kyle Shanahan. McVacy did won championships in super bowl trophy. What about Kyle Shanahan? He is too embarrassed cuz he can't.

Why attention troll still you? Posters board no still you normal talk.

People defended you when they thought you had a disability or didn't know the language and you let them. What does that do for people who legitimately have disabilities? Or is your schtick making fun of those with a disability?

[ Edited by SLCNiner on Aug 26, 2023 at 9:21 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Well, McVay is in danger of getting fired. Same as Seifert in 1994 - won super bowl and a couple of years later winds up in Carolina sucking big time. What good is it for Kyle to win a super bowl and get fired and have to go to the college ranks or become an OC to coach again in the NFL. From Kyle's perspective - that's a no bueno. From the fans perspective, they just want the 6th Lombardi.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

This. It doesn't matter if they got 0-17 for the next 5 years. He won a SB. Sure he'll get fired if they do that badly, but that SB ring tops anything else.

Meh, winning a Superbowl is good for about a year or two of feels good for the fans, then after that, being a bottom feeder loses it's luster.
Share 49ersWebzone