49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

love this response

I actually think Kyle acted like a lil b***h in how he responded at the end. What a prick.

You would, you're still grieving

Would say it regardless of situation - reporter could have asked that about any player and a response at the end like that in that tone is one of a lil punk. I like Shanahan as a play caller and hope he wins us a Super Bowl but count me as someone who is no longer of fan of his.

Well maybe he's a bit frustrated with a question like that because it assumes their knowledge and understanding of his abilities of Trey is the same as the media and the fans. It assumes they don't know because we don't know.

I linked this because so many people have made the assumption that Trey is an unknown but have failed to realize that they have spent well over 40 hours a week with him for 2+ years in countless meetings, retrospectives, film room, practice, walk throughs.

there sample size >>>>> out sample size

Yup. He's had three training camps. Three. If they ever saw anything in those first two years, maybe it wouldn't have been so much as an open and shut case regarding Brock this year. Then for Sam Darnold to come in and take the no. 2 spot, when you have been in the system for 3 years, it shouldn't have even been a competition- Trey should've ran away with it.

I don't think it was so much that Sam won QB2. Like Lombardi said. Kyle had never talked about money in his 7 years here until now talking about the Trey situation.
Originally posted by krizay:

love this response

Me too. We tried telling these fools there's more data than 4 random games. As he said, he sees him everyday

according to twitter that same reporter asked Purdy "if he feels remorseful for taking Trey's job"...

If that is true...lol....wtf....gonna see if I can find it....
Originally posted by Dshearn:

love this response

Me too. We tried telling these fools there's more data than 4 random games. As he said, he sees him everyday

according to twitter that same reporter asked Purdy "if he feels remorseful for taking Trey's job"...

It is true. It sounds like the exact same voice asking the question.

Brock answered it very well - he's seriously impressive qt the podium.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:

love this response

It is true. It sounds like the exact same voice asking the question.

Brock answered it very well - he's seriously impressive qt the podium.
yeah he crushed that answer ....just rewatched it to heard the question.....

What a dumb question....

Side note glad to see him talking with his hands moving his arm around post game....dude must feel just fine....
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
McVay is 60–38 with a super bowl win as the youngest HC ever and is a bottom feeder now? I get fans' need to defend Shanny by crapping on others but lets not be silly.

Who said Mcvay is a bottom feeder? That roster on the other hand certainly looks like it.
Would be nice to inherit a roster also

Remember when Harbaugh did also? Then Baalke straight destroyed it and Harbaugh took the fall first.
Mcvay pretty much on his way to doing that

But mcvay took over a team that was poorly coached but had a talent. I think it's a gms job to build talent. Mcvay did his job. Coached the players given to him. Can't really blame.mcvay for the current state of the team.
Mcvay is pretty much the GM. All the trades were his ideas

I'd love to know who gets more say in their roster? Mcvay or Shanahan. I always thought Shanahan had more pull but could be wrong.
I don't think it's about who holds more weight, but wants to be more of a team and discussing/dissecting every option

I don't think it's a good idea when one person has all the same, all the time. Like belichick does - he's been struggling to put together a team for a long time - Brady just was masking it all.

you want collaboration and to hear what others think. No one is right all the time and it's important to hear other perspectives. I think Kyle Carrys more weight in our organization than Lynch but I think they discuss a lot together and try to come to a consensus. When I say "Lynch" - I'm including his staff. Guys like Adam peters etc.

In the Walsh era, John McVay was a great asset to Walsh in getting players. I think one important factor was McVay's head coaching experience. Nobody mentions Mike Shanahan, but he's one of the best head coaches of his generation. It was Mike that got Brian to coach for Kyle, and it was Brian that found Purdy. I think that head coaching experience is helping the 49er front office all this time.

Bobby Beathard and Ron Wolf were legendary scouts that drafted some of the best that the NFL had ever seen. Key to both was that they had experience in looking at a ton of players. Both were always never in their offices, but out in the field always looking at football players. They both knew what kind of players fit into which head coach's system they were working for. In the 49ers situation, Mike Shanahan has looked at a ton of football players, and knows what kind of players would fit the system his Son runs. He's the unsung hero in my opinion in that front office room. Adam and John help, for sure, but Mike is the resource they use to make sure they get it right. I think that's why Mike is there in person during the summer (instead of his home, i think, in Colorado) right before the draft to help out the front office.
Only 36 head coaches have won the super one and 14-16 have won multiple (I forget if it's 14 or 16). There have been approx 500 head coaches in the super bowl era.

relax with wanting to fire Kyle over not winning one yet. Lmao jeez

I think he's the longest tenured HC currently who hasn't won a SB? I don't want Kyle fired at all, I don't even know who they could replace him with that's better.

but head coaches have been let go for a lot less. Freaking Peterson won Philly their first ever SB and was fired 3 yrs later.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Only 36 head coaches have won the super one and 14-16 have won multiple (I forget if it's 14 or 16). There have been approx 500 head coaches in the super bowl era.

I think he's the longest tenured HC currently who hasn't won a SB? I don't want Kyle fired at all, I don't even know who they could replace him with that's better.

but head coaches have been let go for a lot less. Freaking Peterson won Philly their first ever SB and was fired 3 yrs later.

Coaches have been fired for less than what?
Pederson missed the playoffs 3 years in a row and went 4-12 the year he got canned. He only had one season with 10+ wins.

How exactly is Kyle taking the team to the playoffs two years straight MORE fireable than Pederson's performance?

Oh, you must be talking about firing him over Trey Lance not working out.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Aug 28, 2023 at 6:43 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Pederson missed the playoffs 3 years in a row and went 4-12 the year he got canned. He only had one season with 10+ wins.

How exactly is Kyle taking the team to the playoffs two years straight MORE fireable than Pederson's performance?

Yah I think after Pederson won the Super Bowl, he had to go with Wentz as his QB that turned out to be a disaster that he couldn't recover from. ND St. QB's are fools gold, no way would I ever think about drafting one from there for a while.

Peterson had one losing season. They went 9-7 in those other two yrs (which you left out obviously). That's with an up and down Wentz and brand new Hurts. they WON a SB with freaking Nick Foles lol.

where did is say fire kyle? Man you're so defensive and emotional….so much so that you need to exaggerate what people are saying in here. Cut it out. It's annoying and stale.

Peterson had one losing season. They went 9-7 in those other two yrs (which you left out obviously). That's with an up and down Wentz and brand new Hurts. they WON a SB with freaking Nick Foles lol.

where did is say fire kyle? Man you're so defensive and emotional….so much so that you need to exaggerate what people are saying in here. Cut it out. It's annoying and stale.

He missed the playoffs three straight years, after pnly making them once and had a 4 win season to finish his tenure.

Didn't you say people have been fired for less than what Kyle has done and used Pederson as an example? What did you mean when you said coaches have been fired for less than what Kyle has done?
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Aug 28, 2023 at 7:34 AM ]

Doug Pederson has only missed the playoffs once in his last 5 years as a head coach. This might be a helpful for you in the future: https://www.pro-football-reference.com
He missed the playoffs three straight years, after pnly making them once and had a 4 win season to finish his tenure.

Didn't you say people have been fired for less than what Kyle has done and used Pederson as an example.

One guy WON a SB the other hasn't. Period. I a swear I remember him going to the playoffs 3 straight yrs in Philly (only yr he hasn't been to the playoffs was his first yr in Philly).

There hasn't been a HC fired within 3 yrs of winning a SB ever. Seifert "retired" other than that who else?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 28, 2023 at 7:42 AM ]

Mooch, Harbaugh come to mind on the 49ers...

Good Coaching does not grow on trees, and great coaching is rare.

Was it Bill Parcells that got fired from the jets? Lol...you are the JETS....you cant replace Bill Parcells...I think they went into like a 30 year slump afterwards.

One of the talking heads said something recently...like how many teams now copy Shanny's offense....dude has made a mark on the NFL. That is rare.

There are now 19 teams rostering FBs, it was not that long ago that FBs were almost extinct in the NFL.

Didn't you say people have been fired for less than what Kyle has done and used Pederson as an example.

One guy WON a SB the other hasn't. Period. I a swear I remember him going to the playoffs 3 straight yrs in Philly.

There hasn't been a HC fired within 3 yrs of winning a SB ever. Seifert "retired" other than that who else?

Dallas...

They fired Johnson and replaced him with Switzer....and that kinda proved Jerry Jones right....anyone could win with that roster....

Edit
Shanny 1.0

Ok this is cheating, because it is CALENDAR year not seasons. He made the superbowl could not replace his QB and was fired 3 years afterwards.
[ Edited by Dshearn on Aug 28, 2023 at 7:47 AM ]

One guy WON a SB the other hasn't. Period. I a swear I remember him going to the playoffs 3 straight yrs in Philly.

Dallas...

They fired Johnson and replaced him with Switzer....and that kinda proved Jerry Jones right....anyone could win with that roster....

Switzer quit 4 years later.
[ Edited by Jcool on Aug 28, 2023 at 8:01 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone